1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Need help with translations! (French, German, Italian, Spanish)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by jkp1187, Mar 7, 2008.

1. jkp1187

jkp1187 Unindicted Co-Conspirator

Hello, all. I need some help translating some text for my events mod into the four non-English languages that come standard with the game. (Looks like Babel Fish just isn't cutting it.) If anyone would be willing to help out with this, I would greatly appreciate it!

I've already used Babel Fish to make the translations (along with my own basic knowledge of Spanish and French,) but I really would like a native speaker to take a look at these and make changes as needed.

Please PM me for details.

Thanks!

2. Shiggs713

Shiggs713 Immortal

you could maybe cross check some things with freetranslations.com sorry I mainly speak English so I'm no use for an expert analysis.

3. Ginnungagap

Ginnungagap Chieftain

How much text is in your mod?

I could do the German parts, if it is not to much.

4. jkp1187

Ginnungagap:

Check your private messages. Thanks!

5. John_Deere

John_Deere Nothing Runs Like A Deere

How much text are we talking here?

Depending on how much you have, I might be able to do some Spanish for you(given time constraints and all). PM me if you'd like.

6. jkp1187

To the people who are assisting on this project:

there are multiple people accessing the XML files from File Front. If you are making changes, please do not upload the files back to File Front, just upload them to this thread.

THanks.

7. jkp1187

One more thing.... I need to have as much of this done by Wednesday as possible. The small file absolutely must be completed. From the big file, with the random events text, prioritize as follows.

If the events can't all be done, the most important ones to keep are the Next War-specific events (they have "_NW" in the tag, and are located near the end of the list). I'd also like it if ALTERNATIVE_ENERGY, FIAT_MONEY, and MORE_FIAT_MONEY were included, too.

Thanks again, and please let me know if you've any questions.