Need Help with VP Modpack: Magnus Mutatio

Niko511

Chieftain
Hello,

I have followed the instructions to install the VP Modpack: Magnus Mutatio, for use with both single and multi player. I installed the file named 'Mods_VP_2020-02-09_Magnus-Mutatio++.zip' from Feb 13, 2020 posted by Gazebo. I have also tried installing different versions that Gazebo posted on the thread for the Modpack.

However, in single player the game crashes between 1-4 turns and it crashes after attempting to end the 1st turn by both human players in multi player. I personally installed the Modpack on both PCs following the instructions posted exactly.

The game simply crashes and goes back to the desktop.

Both PCs are within 3 years old, have 8th or 9th gen i7, 16 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD, and just the Intel 4k integrated graphics.

We are both able to play Civ 5 with no Modpacks just fine on multi-player and with regular mods on single player.

However, we have had no luck with the VP mod or VP Modpack or the Magnus Mutatio++ one either.

If anyone, or Gazebo, has any insight into this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you so much,

Niko

Modpacks are broken rn. If you wanna be lazy, just drag all the files in magnus mutatio into C:\Users\xxx\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS and load mods like you usually would

Thanks @Soupy Delicious !

I am still new to mods / modpacks and I know that broken means that they are not working right now. But will or can they be fixed ? If so, is that something that the creators will do or is that something each user must do to make a modpack work on their own system ?

Also, if I run them as normal mods, I could not use them in multiplayer, correct ? I am primarily interested in playing multiplayer with my friend, so I am ideally looking for a solution that allows for that, if possible.

Thanks for all of your help, to @Soupy Delicious or to anyone else who may know the answers to my questions!

Best,

Niko

Thanks @Soupy Delicious !

I am still new to mods / modpacks and I know that broken means that they are not working right now. But will or can they be fixed ? If so, is that something that the creators will do or is that something each user must do to make a modpack work on their own system ?

Also, if I run them as normal mods, I could not use them in multiplayer, correct ? I am primarily interested in playing multiplayer with my friend, so I am ideally looking for a solution that allows for that, if possible.

Niko

I think it's up to the devs of VP to fix the modpack thing, but honestly I know nothing about it. For multiplayer, you're probably gonna have to get a modpack from an older version, or wait for a solution.

Top Bottom