Need No-cd for non cheaty reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spidoinkel

Chieftain
I made an earlier post about my game being left at work but for some incredibly annoying reason my floor is being sprayed at the mo for mice :D and all the belongings have been shipped off to a differant floor in no discernable order. That means i have to wait until MONDAY :mad: :cry: to get it back. I really hate warez'ers and cheaters etc but im completely desperate to play online so as awful as this is.... i need a no-cd :eek:

Nice story ;)

There is a site policy against this sort of post, and this thread will probably be locked as soon as Gonzo or Hippo get around to it.

However, if you contact Firaxis directly, and can demonstrate to their satisfaction that you do own a legit copy of the game, then they may send you a no-cd version.

However, this will 1.) take longer than the weekend, and 2.) I don't think they will consider this a good-enough reason to ship out the No CD thingy.

My suggestion: Wait, or actually go look for "your" copy.

Originally posted by ainwood
Nice story ;)

There is a site policy against this sort of post, and this thread will probably be locked as soon as Gonzo or Hippo get around to it.

However, if you contact Firaxis directly, and can demonstrate to their satisfaction that you do own a legit copy of the game, then they may send you a no-cd version.

However, this will 1.) take longer than the weekend, and 2.) I don't think they will consider this a good-enough reason to ship out the No CD thingy.

My suggestion: Wait, or actually go look for "your" copy.

i have my receipt (im sneaky) and can get my disks on monday so if im able to show proof of it i can get a no cd copy? acE!!! i really would find that useful.

Spidoinkel, since when does keeping a receipt to a game make one "sneaky?" Maybe the word "sneaky" has a slightly different meaning in your neck of the woods, but I've always understood it to mean being "deceptively stealth." Please explain, because as a logophile, I am having trouble seeing how "sneaky" applies to this situation. Thanks.

BTW, if you are being truthful about your story about the lost CD,
I do pity you. If I were you, I would just play more vanilla Civ 3 and improve my game skills even further before enjoying PTW competition when you get that CD back. ;)

Geez I'd look at it as a good reason not to play civ for a while. Everytime I go home I think "I'll just play a turn or two", well 4 hours later while I'm still playing just a "turn or two" I might think about eating something.

I'm going out of town for thanksgiving and I'm looking at it as a welcome break away from civ :D

Sabo10, your advice is actually quite sane. In fact, I wish I were in your position. I haven't been able to resist playing Civ 3 for more than 4 days since I started playing a couple of months ago.
Willpower takes a hike every time I think that I probably shouldn't play Civ at a particular moment. I'm getting better about it (e.g.-not starting a game too late into the evening), but I still have a long way to go!.

Originally posted by Spidoinkel
I made an earlier post about my game being left at work but for some incredibly annoying reason my floor is being sprayed at the mo for mice :D and all the belongings have been shipped off to a differant floor in no discernable order. That means i have to wait until MONDAY :mad: :cry: to get it back. I really hate warez'ers and cheaters etc but im completely desperate to play online so as awful as this is.... i need a no-cd :eek:

You really have to watch out for those mice droppings, they play hell with your cd drive...

Mice can be sneaky and they usually don't keep receipts.

Maybe he is mighty mouse:eek:

I have no idea what I am talking about:crazyeye:

i keep every receipt i get just in case of events like this so i considered that sorta sneaky.... but thats just me. Thanks for all your help everyone. Ill contact infogrames and see if i can get my game changed for a no cd one but until then i think ill just stick to good ol vanilla \o\

:nono:

I think you can wait 5 days. Besides, why have it at work? :) Do they actually let you play Civ at work? ...

Anyway, I think this thread will be closed soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom