Need some advise here

dayhjawk

Chieftain
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh135/dayhjawk/Image4.png

that is the link to a screenshot of what I have so far. I just about to build a settler and want some advise before I get started. I kinda figured where I should place stuff just want another person's view on the matter.

Also my goal is
4-6 cities (which I think noble setting will only allow me to get 4 cities before I drop to 60% research, but I am hoping for those extra 2 cities)

What I am looking for:
1-3 military
2 comm./science/holy city(1)
1 GPF

Note that north of me, south and west of me are other Civs. The one north of me is very close and is bordering the top part of my screenshot.

Also, I am tring to do the Code of Laws - Oracle - Civil Service tactic and tring to get it down. So far its iffy on the games I have been playing. So would like a general ideal if I am going this ok:

1 first tech bronze working
2. Mysticism, then Budd or Hundisim (can't spell) if already founded
3. Hunting/Archery/Pottery (if I can fit them in)
4. Beeline to Code of Laws, while tring to build Oracle.

:reason:
Bronze Working allows me to cut trees and see where copper is at for city placement.
Archery so I have archers for defense
Pottery for placing Towns for Money

:Goal:
-Bronze working - Defense - Religion. (Confusism my goal for religion)

Ughh. I hate jungle *so* much. Most of the time I don't even bother trying to settle it. The chopping is a huge pain without an army of workers.

I've been a fan lately of steering clear of the early religions. If you're gonna gun for Code of Laws early which is one of the game changing techs in my opinion then you'll get Confusionism and have a religion to spread. There's just so much useful stuff to research in the early game, with so much jungle on the map, researching iron working would have been a priority of mine. It looks like there's several decent spots to settle a city, but nothing spectacular. I would try to go for ones where the resources are immediately useful first.

Lots of great Cottage sites there, and you happen to be Mansa.... Spam some Flood-Plain-Cottage cities...

Getting Civil Service from Oracle does not work that well novadays... Math+CoL are two expensive techs, delaying Oracle waiting for those you will often loose it.

I would just take Metal Casting from oracle, as it unlocks your UB, which helps you with production and gold.

Top Bottom