Need some info on Sparta

bloodofages

Prince
Civ: Sparta

Noun: Spartan?
ADJ: Spartan?

What would the noun and ADJ For Sparta be?

Aslo got some cities names
Sparte
Corinth
Delph
Thebes
Plataea
Syracuse
Tirynth
Mycene
Argos
Pylos

I need more cities names any info would be helpful. Thank you. Also does any knows of a good unit to use for Sparta.

Cities:
Corinth, Delphi, Thebes, Platæa, Syracuse, Tyrnis, Mycenæ, and Pylos belonged to otehr city states - most of them hostile to Sparta at one point or another.

Some Spartan cities:

Sparta
Amyclæ
Sellasia
Geronthræ
Gythium
Boæ
Cythera
Pharis
Asopus
Prasiæ
Cardamyle
Oetylus
Las
Epidaurus Limera
Ægys
Zarax
Scandea
Pephnos
Cyparissa
Acriæ
Therapne
Harplea
Hypreæ
Caryæ
Teuthrone
Pyrrhichus

You could add Messenian cities such as: Messena, Pylos, and Stenyclurus if you are aiming for the "Golden Age" of Sparta, as well as some Cynurian and Arcadian cities if that is the case. The cities I listed were in Lacedæmonia.

Yes, you could add:

Thyraia (cynourian)
Prasiai
Karyai
Skandia (in Kythera, also Kythera itself can be a city, or it can be called Chora)
Mesa
Psamathos
Oitylos

In Messinia: (spartan conquest)
Asine
Pylos
Gerasia
Ithome
Stenyclaros
Era

In Arcadia
Tegea (vassal of Sparta from what i recall)

In italy (colony)

Taras (Tarentum)

@Mongoloid Cow: this reminded me of the days we were working on the pel scen :)

Sparta is in my mod - I've a leaderhead and a unit (Spartan officer) which I've created. I'm looking at doing more Spartan units before the release (now set at Sept 7th). Below is a preview (though nothing will be pre-released):

The Spartan Officer's spear is now thicker, this was a preview before I did that ;) .

wow that is cool. I wonder if i should hold off on putting Sparta in my mod if you are already doing it.

Hmm... If you go WAY back through the Unit forums, you can find some good Hoplite variations from Kryten...

Corinth were one of their biggest allys, but not one of their cities...

Their UU could of course be the Trojan horse, but IMO, that unit is more of a Mycanian(SP?) unit.

One problem I just founds here is that both Rome and SParta would have Bright Red as their colour, and as Sparta is my favouright city statefrom my favouright place, period, etc. in history... never mind!

Well, that's just some suggestions. Good luck!

That's right! Kryten made two Spartan hoplites (a Periokoi and a normal Spartan IIRC) in his Eight New Hoplites release. It's probably worth searching for since they are very good.

And R8XFT, that's a nice looking hoplite :)

Mongoloid Cow said:
That's right! Kryten made two Spartan hoplites (a Periokoi and a normal Spartan IIRC) in his Eight New Hoplites release. It's probably worth searching for since they are very good.

And R8XFT, that's a nice looking hoplite :)
I found them and i plan on useing the Spartan Hoplite as a UU. Very nice units if you ask me.

Top Bottom