need some info

mike

Chieftain
Im trying to make a modpack for the first time. Borrowing a little here an there Ive decided for a fascist govt. I made police over fanatics. Immovable defense so the army can do their job in the field. But I need a good picture for it and some of my other units in mind. And, is there a way I can make the police station act as barracks for the police units on top of what it already does?

Hello Mike,

Sorry I didn't respond earlier, I must have missed your message when I checked it.

You wrote:
"Im trying to make a modpack for the first time. Borrowing a little here an there Ive decided for a fascist govt."

Great!

You wrote:
"I made police over fanatics. Immovable defense so the army can do their job in the field. "

Interesting idea.

You wrote:
"But I need a good picture for it and some of my other units in mind."

Tell me what the units are. I may have a .gif already or I could draw a few special ones if needed. Be sure to check the downloads section first for units, but knowing the parameters of the modpack would be more helpful as well as the theme.

You wrote:
"And, is there a way I can make the police station act as barracks for the police units on top of what it already does?"

Well, hm...I think the thing here is to understand is that the parameters of the current improvements can't be changed to perform differently without extensive rewriting of the code. However, the police will still be produced as veteran with a barracks improvement and there is a police station improvement already. You can change the required technology in the tech tree to get the police station available earlier...such as, you can invent a technology...say...CRIMINAL JUSTICE...which allows building the Police Station Improvement and Police Officers.

Let me know if you need more help.

------------------
John Valdez
Modpacks/Scenarios/Review

[This message has been edited by JValdezToo (edited December 01, 2000).]

Thanks for the reply. I have lots of ideas, probaly too many for the units. Besides a police officer Id like to expande the medieval era, shield wall, calvary (like in gladiator), Catapults that shoot fire. If you have any .gifs that look cool Id definetly use them. But I need help with that, when I tried changing terrain it look like black swirls for mountains an hills and the cities had black squares around them. So far Ive only made minor changes to the tech tree so a major overhaul might be a little much for me so any help you be a big help.

Sounds like your having the traditional GIF formatting problems that plague all scenario and modpack writers. Don't worry, everything you are experiencing is normal...you have to be patient with terrains and use the "save" function on your graphics editor as opposed to "save as". For some reason, not all editors save in exactly the same gif format...I haven't figured out why yet, but it is supposed to be saved as a GIF89a format with 8 bits and 256 color palette (I think). Otherwise, if one thing is off...you get a bunch of black junk, or you might just get it anyway, even if you do it right.

Also, the black square boarders are because your sprites (the little diamonds) are not big enough. make 'em bigger or add more terrain to the edge and that should fix it up.

I think I do have a flaming catapult unit lying around on my hard drive...I'll look it up and send it to ya.

Just send an Email.

------------------
John Valdez
Modpacks/Scenarios/Review

Im rhinking about holding off on the scenario creation bit for a while, I just got Mge an have lots of scenarios and other peoples modpacks to try now. The only programs for .gifs I have is paintshop and photosuite II. I give you all of my ideas, if you want the rest let me know. Im gonna retire before I start. If you wanna multiplay let me know. I wanna try this mge out!

If you need any ideas, I have some from a Japanese mod I once wanted to make (but due to having only like 3 ideas I dropped it ).
I had following new techs:
*Martial Arts
*Sumo

Martial Arts allows construction of Ninjas. Ninjas act like missiles (like in the "Mongols" and "Samurai" scenarios by MPS). Prereqs are Warrior Code and Monotheism.
Sumo has prereqs Chivalry and Martial Arts. Allows construction of Sumo Courts (Colosseum).
Further, there are two new units, Samurai (Chivalry) and Kamikaze (Advanced Flight I guess).

Top Bottom