Need some testers for the new updater

dbkblk

Emperor
Some players have reported corrupted files after update which results in XML error or random errors while launching the game. In an attempt to fix this, I need some testers for the new updater. You need to have the latest version (911 currently) or to be ready to update the latest version. It won't harm your setup and is totally safe.

These new tools are also compiled with MinGW instead of MSVC2010. In non-technical terms, that means they will be compatible with Linux (Wine) or MacOS (Crossover). I've tested this successfully under a Ubuntu 14.04 VM. No MSVC2010 will be required anymore.

To test, you only need 5min of your time:
  • Stop the launcher if running
  • Download this: LINK
  • Extract in the mod folder and overwrite
  • Start the launcher
  • Force a check of the files: Menu -> Fix installation -> Check files again.
  • Wait for the update to finish.
  • Launch the game with the launcher. Please report if the launcher was started multiple times after the update.
  • Report here for errors (corrupted files, xml errors at start). Please also report if it works without issues.

At the end of the process, the launcher and updater should be reverted to the current tool version (not the testing ones).

Thank you for testing this.

I'll test it this evening, since after updating to 911 the mod crashes on loading, at the "init xml (uncached)" part

I believe the issue is linked to the fact the launcher restart multiple times. I'm still trying to improve that but that already should be better with that test version.

The launcher did restart 4 times right after the update to 911.

So there are parallels tries to update the theme files and it finally makes a beautiful crap in there.

The link was updated with the latest updater builds. It fixes are error with no consequences when the launcher is restarted.

I downloaded it when I posted, and so far it works. Game launches, loads savefiles, no problems yet.

Ok. Thank you!

Ditto, working perfectly - no multiple instances, no errors, saved games are ok, everything. I'll probably still have to mess with antivirus to allow the launcher to update its own .exe, but that's just a result of my slightly over-enthusiastic antivirus settings and shouldn't be an issue for 99% of users.

45° has reported that AVG is pushing an alarm on wget.exe but that a false positive. rsync shouldn't trigger anything. Thank you for the report! Glad it is finally sorted out!

Top Bottom