Need tester for "WH40K: Battle for Armageddon" scenario

CorvusFortis

Prince
After 9 months of development I finally managed to make my Battle for Armageddon scenario playable. And I feel that I reached phase of development where I need someone's opionion about my work to go on. So I am going to start closed testing of the BfA scenario.

What is this scenario about?

Battle for Armageddon is based on table-top wargame of the same name by Games Workshop. It is set in Warhammer 40.000 universe. Events take place on the Imperial hive-world Armageddon invaded by Ork forces under command of Warlord Ghazghkull Thraka. Player my choose either to take role of Governor von Strab and try to protect planet from Ork forces or Ghazghkull himself and lay the whole planet to waste.

In the scenario you command a limited army and reinforcements are very limited because of high shield cost for Imperium and population cost for Orks. Victory is achieved either by victory points that comes from victory locations in Imperial main Hive-cities or by total conquest. Buildings and worker jobs as well as many other concepts are almost eliminated to make scenario as close to original game as possible. Wonders and Small wonders replaced by special abilities which buffs your army instantly. I tried to represent special ability cards from original game this way but it wasn’t always possible. Tech tree is divided by 3 lines: building, movement and combat. Building allows improvements of infrastructure (like workers which still can build roads), Movement allows units with higher movement value and Combat allows units with high offence and defense value. Goverments are simplified too and differs only by unit support costs. Gold is required only for unit support.

What to expect in current version?

Scenario is fully playable, balanced for Regent difficulty (I made difficulty levels influence only cost factor now). Ork scenario is yet to be made harder but fully playable now too. All graphics is in, but I want to remade Gargant, Dante and Giant Rokkit units. Ghazghkull and Dante army versions are rough placeholders too, I made them just to look like what they should be, not a complete color mess. Icons are made but their small versions sometimes screwed. City improvements for city screen are still to be done. For wonder splashes I used art mostly from Wiki but they are simple resize, so not always look good. No interface graphics is made. Civilopedia is ready except for some concepts. Some articles are placeholders. Not all needed links are added too. Only most important line of script and labels are edited. Terrain does not satisfy me too but my skills don’t allow me to make it better now. AI behavior is still unpredictable. It can be very aggressive as well as rather passive.

How to join testing?

PM me or leave a post here. Then I will provide you with link and futher instructions. I still want to make some tweaks so expect me to contact you till weekend. Any criticism or just opinion is helpful for me. So everyone is welcome!

Other Help

Besides testing I also need some help with graphics. I can do most things myself, it will just take more time. And there’s stuff I cannot do at all for now. So here’s a to do list:
- Better icons and wonder splashes;
- Better terrain (I know basics but cannot do it look really good);
- Interface graphics (I cannot do here anything at all now so help would be especially appreciated at list with teaching me how to make it);
- Advisors;
- Custom made Gargant, Dante and Giant Rokkit (I do not like using conversions so if such happens that someone want to make these ones that would be great).

Credits

Special thanks goes to LMR for making two wonderful units especially for this scenario! I also used his Imperial Bastion for both city and terrain improvement.

UA, TWM and BA DoW: SS mod teams for teams for models I used for my units conversions

Ellipsis Jones whose Armageddon Secundus mod ideas inspired some concepts of BfA
Aaglo for units and some terrain

Quntilus for his editor which helped me with the map

Grandraem for Ghaz LH

Deth McBones for Atomic Detonation Splash

Aaglo (used his city graphics too), Muffins, gwendoline, NavyDawg, Great Apple for units

Oleg for his Nuclear Winter mod from which I took graphics for ash wastes.

If you found your content in this mod and you are not in this list or want it to be removed, please, let me know.

Some screens:

Imperial positions on South

Spoiler :

Imperial positions on North

Spoiler :

Armageddon Secundus

Spoiler :

Commissar Yarrick takes command of Hive Infernus Defense

Spoiler :

Ghazghkull and his boyz prepares to take over Plutus Forge

Spoiler :

Battle for Acheron