Need Testers

Wonderblunder

Part Time Monster in the Closet
I need Vista and XP testers for my French and Indian war mod. So far I have one tester. The link to the mod is here

Can you describe the mod?

The mod is based on the French and Indian war. There are 3 playable colonies, New Spain, Thirteen Colonies, and New france. Each colony has unique unit art. Currently there is no scenario map for the mod. The leaders were all created by me. Its currently in its BETA stage. I hope that helps.

I'll test if you're still accepting testers. I have Vista.

I'm still accepting testers.

Cool. Can I have the Beta?

Ah rite, didn't notice that.

I downloaded the MOD and will be testing it for you. I'm working on XP. I'll report back once I've played it a bit. Cheers.

I just saw this, I am playing on XP service pack 3 with all the latest updates for XML and the game's 1.01F patch; I will be playing as soon as the download finishes :)

Well that was brief. What I saw looked great, but it crashed and went to the MS error report (crash log text file attached).

From what I see there is a problem with some part of the leaderhead for the French =/

Attachments

• 145c_appcompat.txt
    24.3 KB · Views: 56
Crash on desktop happens immediately when I try to start my game. CivPedia for your mod was the maximum what I could see.

Here I found "Spanish Treasure Galleon" with 10 cargos. Could you capture such treasure galleon with cargo and people on board?

For some reason the mod works perfectly on my computer. What I wanted to know is if it would work on XP. I have a Vista and that might be the problem. I'll see what the problem is for the French leaderhead, since there is only one.

KJ Jansson- I didn't realize there was a limit of what you could put in the Civilopedia. I don't think you can capture a Treasure Galleon, only sink it.

Drjest2000- Do you know anything else about the problem with the leaderhead?

charle88, the game gets to the point where the custom game is about to start, the first screen starts to pop up with the LH and starting units, then takes a dive into a crash. That's why I suspect it is related to the LH. I am looking at the XML files now and don't see anything. I am not sure, but my guess was the LH.

I kept trying the French, hope that helps.

charle88, the game gets to the point where the custom game is about to start, the first screen starts to pop up with the LH and starting units, then takes a dive into a crash. That's why I suspect it is related to the LH. I am looking at the XML files now and don't see anything. I am not sure, but my guess was the LH.

I kept trying the French, hope that helps.

Actually early on when developing the mod, the game would crash whenever a Militia unit was created. During the time I could not figure out why it crashed (and why the tribes had the unit too). Maybe you should try removing the Militia unit from the mod and see if it crashes.

Actually early on when developing the mod, the game would crash whenever a Militia unit was created. During the time I could not figure out why it crashed (and why the tribes had the unit too). Maybe you should try removing the Militia unit from the mod and see if it crashes.

Few words concerning a crash problem.

Please, check xml.log file in My Documents/..... directory.

For a normal working mod that I could load and play this file has such section:

Code:
[1498.984] Loading XML file xml\GameInfo/CIV4DiplomacyInfos.xml
[1499.000] Load XML file xml\GameInfo/CIV4DiplomacyInfos.xml SUCCEEDED
[1499.000] SetDiplomacyInfo (Civ4DiplomacyInfos/DiplomacyInfos/DiplomacyInfo)
[1499.015] Wrote GameInfo to cache
[1499.031] info type ARTSTYLE_PORTO not found, Current XML file is: xml\GameInfo/CIV4DiplomacyInfos.xml

Your mod I can only load. Last line before CTD in xml.log file for your mod:

Code:
It means the crash happens during your graphic elements loading. Maybe Militia, maybe something else are responsible for such problem. You have too many new graphics in your mod including alamo, azulejo, merchant etc. and each of them could be a reason of CTD.

Few words concerning a crash problem.

Please, check xml.log file in My Documents/..... directory.

For a normal working mod that I could load and play this file has such section:

Code:
[1499.031] info type ARTSTYLE_PORTO not found, Current XML file is: xml\GameInfo/CIV4DiplomacyInfos.xml

Your mod I can only load. Last line before CTD in xml.log file for your mod:

Code:
It means the crash happens during your graphic elements loading. Maybe Militia, maybe something else are responsible for such problem. You have too many new graphics in your mod including alamo, azulejo, merchant etc. and each of them could be a reason of CTD.

I checked my logs and this is what it said.
Code:
[710.366] Loading XML file xml\GameInfo/CIV4PlayerOptionInfos.xml
[710.381] Load XML file xml\GameInfo/CIV4PlayerOptionInfos.xml SUCCEEDED
[710.381] SetGlobalClassInfo (Civ4PlayerOptionInfos/PlayerOptionInfos/PlayerOptionInfo)
[710.397] Loading XML file xml\GameInfo/CIV4GraphicOptionInfos.xml
[710.397] Load XML file xml\GameInfo/CIV4GraphicOptionInfos.xml SUCCEEDED
[710.397] SetGlobalClassInfo (Civ4GraphicOptionInfos/GraphicOptionInfos/GraphicOptionInfo)

So far I have been deleting unecessary units and professions. After I'm finished doing that, I'll do the same thing for buildings.

Top Bottom