1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Negative Faith

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Abaxial, Dec 3, 2019 at 12:50 PM.

1. Abaxial

Abaxial Prince

I seem to have accrued -764.5 faith. How did that happen?

2. Ceydezed

Ceydezed Chieftain

Did you select multiple panteons on the same turn thanks to the panteon bug?

3. Abaxial

Abaxial Prince

Yes, I assume that was the root cause.

4. Ceydezed

Ceydezed Chieftain

Every time you select a panteon it substracts X faith (24 i believe in Normal speed)? So yes you can have negative faith. That's how you identify cheaters in multiplayer.

Scaramanga and Victoria like this.
  5. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

6. Abaxial

Abaxial Prince

Yes I went back to a save point and watched carefully what happened. However, you can ameliorate the problem by giving yourself a huge faith bonus that offsets the loss.

This is all in the interests of scientific investigation, of course!

7. UWHabs

UWHabs Deity

Yeah, it's kind of fun to cheese the faith bug to see how crazy you can get things. But yeah that -750 or -2000 faith really disappears once you pop down that +300 holy site...

8. Abaxial

Abaxial Prince

In my case I'm raking in 22 faith per breathtaking tile ...

9. Lily_Lancer

Lily_Lancer Emperor

What? You can select multiple panthenons even in MP?

But what if you don't meet that multi-panthenon guy? Let him grab 10 early settlers and kill everyone else?

10. Basajaun

Basajaun Chieftain

Basically.
    With their 300+ adjacency holy sites and 349587 production fishing boats

11. UWHabs

UWHabs Deity

I don't play multiplayer, but it would be an interesting experiment to see which cheesed pantheon was actually the best. Like obviously getting enough production to spam war carts every turn would certainly be pretty murderous, but I wonder if you could somehow exist in a chokepoint or were mostly isolated from that player whether going for insane culture or faith spam would actually be a winnable strategy. Sure, 50 war carts walking towards you is pretty murderous, but in 50 turn could you be rocking infantry?

12. Lily_Lancer

Lily_Lancer Emperor

I guess Religious Settlement is still the best, it is still extra strong, however it is not as obvious as those 300+ adj holy sites, 200+ faith tiles, or 100+ production fishing boats for other players to detect.

13. Karmah

Karmah King Supporter

So that's the bug that everyone is whispering about but no one is allowed to tell about. Finally I get to know about it without watching half an hour of YouTube video. Alright. Indeed it's gamebreaking.

14. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

... ? It has Been talked about, U think Tx was in funny screenshots.

15. UWHabs

UWHabs Deity

I mean, the best is obviously using the cheat to get 10-15 settlers and 10-15 builders, and then you can still choose another one to cheese it out. While you only end up with the last one you pick, you don't lose the settlers/builders. Although whoever else picks it later will get them.

16. Draco84

Draco84 Warlord

It would be nice if someone built a mod that renamed a players Civ name to "CHEATER" that is triggered by negative faith.

Maybe give everyone else shared vision with that player for the rest of the game and a negative diplo modifier (-50?) with AI.

17. Tabarnak

Tabarnak Pô Chi Min

I caught someone yesterday in a game. 61 fpt holy site(before 100% card bonus!). I told the host then he asked him if he did it. No response...insta kicked!

Don't try to fool me.

18. The googles do nothing

The googles do nothing Prince

Someone could save up 60 faith and then get multiple copies of one of the less popular pantheons 5 times. :nono: :nono: Religious idols would pay for it's self.

This bug alone guarantees one more update. Like @Tabarnak said it's being used and cheats like this will kill there multiplayer player base. Civ6 multiplayer has been free of cheats until no so Firaxis should get some credit for that.

19. Tabarnak

Tabarnak Pô Chi Min

A pantheon hotfix mod can be used until then.