Negative gold

Abaxial

Emperor
I am used to having a huge income in my games, so I know how to get it. Consequently I don't generally worry about gold, reckoning that if I need a builder in a hurry, I can always afford to buy one. But in my most recent game, suddenly I have a huge negative income, and I don't understand it. Looking at a save game for 1780, I have a healthy income, and looking at the details, maintenance on cities is 373. By 1856 this has gone up to 1130, which is ridiculous. I don't see how it can have trebled. Nor can I see which cities are making the loss.

Is there some event that would explain this?

I am used to having a huge income in my games, so I know how to get it. Consequently I don't generally worry about gold, reckoning that if I need a builder in a hurry, I can always afford to buy one. But in my most recent game, suddenly I have a huge negative income, and I don't understand it. Looking at a save game for 1780, I have a healthy income, and looking at the details, maintenance on cities is 373. By 1856 this has gone up to 1130, which is ridiculous. I don't see how it can have trebled. Nor can I see which cities are making the loss.

Is there some event that would explain this?
Probably an enemy spy siphoning funds in one of your commercial districts.

Well, I thought of this, but when an enemy spy steals gold you get a message telling you where and when it has happened, and that did not happen. And the imbalance between city income and city expenditure is way too extreme. I mean, I was seeing -40 amenities across the whole empire, and if you could get that from one spy siphoning gold there would be no reason to do anything else.

In the end I reloaded the 1780 save and played again from there with no problems.

It's curious that though there is a policy card giving a reduction on unit maintenance, there is no equivalent for districts/buildings.

I had the same error, of suddenly my incomming change of a healthy one to a one very poor. In my case, what happens was, one of the cards of social policy was removed for some reason (propably become absolate) and the game cancel the effect of ALL cards before you don't arrange that.

Top Bottom