1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Negotiations with TNT

Discussion in 'Team Doughnut' started by Robi D, Sep 20, 2005.

1. Robi D

Robi D Minister of (Dis)Order

We have received the following response from TNT

It all sounds very promising, how ever i note they have not said that they either have masonry or IW. This is probably because they don't want to give any info away.
    I'll write out a response shortly and post it for viewing, but i want to check, if everyone is happy with swapping alpha for mason or IW.

2. Robi D

This the letter i've drafted to be sent if everyone agrees.

3. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

Seems reasonable to me. I'd prefer masonry if it's to be 1:1 so we can then sell it to MIA and get an effective 2fer.

4. zyxy

zyxy Warmongering Fool

Letter looks good, Robi D. It seems you just earned yourself an ambassadorship :).

5. Robi D

Since there was no objections and time is running short i have sent the letter unchanged, hopefully we will have a response before we need to take our turn. I hope they go for masonry too, hence the ever so suttle hint in the letter.

6. magnusmarcus

magnusmarcus Prince

I have been contacted by MIA via pm. I suspect other members have been as well. What is the timetable for moving the save foward?

*edit* We requested a 48 hour extention and have had the save available for 49 hours. Did the extention get approved? Does this mean we can hold the save for 72 hours total?

Dear magnusmarcus of the Doughnuts

We have noticed the delay in sending the turn and are therefore concerned as to your health ...

Our Diplomat Emperor.Napoleon is very eager to chat with you ... can you make yourselves available to him via IC

or I am very much available on AIM (fe3333au)

So do not be shy we will bring the beverage of your choice if you bring a box or two of those delicious assorted donuts.

Yours sincerely

Feaurius III
    Foreign Minister MIA

7. Robi D

Tnt has just sent this. So whoevers available can play the turn now, hopefully we can get the deal done next turn

8. Robi D

They are obviously trying to pump us for information without giving any (they have only admitted to having BW). So in spirit of mutal distrust and tentative cooperation ;) i have drafted this respose. I have dangled the carrot of writing for two reasons, one it follows from alpha and gives them more reasons to accept that deal and i'm hoping that since writings realtively expensive and important, they will have to open up with what they have. Again please add your comments/suggestions/ideas, i would like to send it off fairly quickly as i see MIA want to talk to us as well, that way we'll know were we stand with TNT and can look to get the best deal.

9. zyxy

zyxy Warmongering Fool

Not sure about telling them about writing. I think that they cannot see us in their diplo screen yet, so let's just send the turn on. We still have a few turns left on philo, so no hurries.

10. Robi D

I don't think they really have anything to trade for writing apart from IW, so my line of think here is to get them to come out with what they have and are researching because they have been very secretive, plus it gives them more reason to do alpha deal.

11. Civlord

Civlord King

Let's trade then, and don't appear scared. Or they may discover our city has no garrison.

12. Rik Meleet

Rik Meleet Top predator Retired Moderator

lurker's comment: If the empty city is such a worry for you, I can assume you are sending units towards it ? Or are you playing the "we aren't scared at all" game in such a way that you don't even send reinforcements ?

I'm asking this because I can't remember seeing a picture of the "after situation", only the "there's a warrior on our doorstep" picture.

13. Robi D

A spanner has been thrown in the works, this is a letter i just received from TNT's rep donsig

I'm going to reword my previous letter a little and ask them what they have to give for writing, since thats the only possible trade with them atm, to see what they have to say. Also we need to pop some of the goody huts asap as they wont be there for long.

14. Robi D

I can answers this since i ended up playing the turn. No reinforcements were rushed to the situation as there is no possible way to get there in time to stop the town being destroyed, not could we pop rush a warrior in time (all these options took 3 turns, they could destroy cruller in 2), so the fact that it is a singular warrior and their willing to trade with us, it was buisness as usual, which is a calculated risk. Also there window of oppertunity is small, they would have to attack immediatly to succeed, so we'll see what happens
    *fingers crossed*

15. Robi D

Due to TNT discovery of alphabet, this is the amended letter i sent, hopefully they will have a good offer to send back, but in the meantime we should see what MIA are willing to trade.

16. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

WAR with TNT!

The Persian warrior has entered our territory, captured a worker, and is in position to capture Cruller next turn.

I'm going to hazard a guess we won't be trading with these guys for a while. :mad:

Here is the declaration of war.

17. Robi D

Ok point 1 seems to be a poor attempt at humor but i just dont get point 2, when have we accused them of breaking the rules :confused:

as for point 3 i will draft an response to send to donsig, depending on what we decide

18. Robi D

On the suggestion of a few people i sent out a message just to see what TNT were looking for in a peace settlement, here is the response.

They dont want much:rolleyes: , just 10g + 1gpt forever a worker and Writing, CoL and mapmaking??? Interesting that they think we have mapmaking but more interesting is that they still havent got writing, which means they have gone for maths, or the techs towards monarchy.

19. Nobody

Nobody Gangster

We should counter by killing there warrior and then send a reply asking if 10 gold and Code of laws is enough. But we need a iron clad agreement that they will not invade us again for aleast 30 turns. Also when they say it is impossible to accept 10gold and code of laws, tell them we are willing to increase our tribute as long as the gurantee peace. Also ask for a formal chat, rather than exchange of messages.

20. zyxy

zyxy Warmongering Fool

Rather ridiculous. There's no danger atm, so I don't see the point in making peace, certainly not if we pay for it. Giving them a perpetual tribute, or any workers, just means defeat in the long run.

It's good to know what they want though.