Nerding out over the civ Choices

Tubby Rower

Chronic Slacker
Here are the civs. Everone got their first choice so they prolly had reasons for it.

Team Aloha: Catherine (Russia) Creative and financial
Starting techs - Hunting & Mining

Team Innovia: Saladin (Arabia) Spiritual and Philosophical
Starting techs - Mysticism & the wheel

Team Piffle: Elizabeth (England) financial and Philosophical
Starting techs - fishing & Mining

Team Loco: Ghandi (India) Spiritual and Industrious
Starting techs - mining and mysticism

Team Epsilon: Quin Shi Huang (China) industrious and financial
Starting techs - agriculture and mining

Stats:
3 financial civs
2 industrious
2 spiritual
2 philosophical (I know its misspelled but I like the way it sounds)
1 creative

Only Innovia doesn't start with Mining.

Hopefully the two that started with Myst will give us a religion. I doubt that they would hoard the religions by going for christianity as well especially Innovia since they have to research 2 techs to chop forests.

Pentium said:
So we're the only ones with Fishing. Let's hope we'll get a coastal start. :)

Didn't Sirian say we were destined for a tundra peninsula with only fishes and crabs for company? ;)

Well, I don't believe Sirian since he said that Civ4 is coming out in June 2005. Who cares if that happened on 1st of April!

Interesting. No aggressives in the mix and industrious seems to require a certain strategy to benefit from the trait. It will be interesting to see what type of start we have. Of all the UU's we have a reasonably good one. I look forward to the team discussion regarding our strategy. Hopefully Bradley et al will chime in on this.

Woo hoo! We got Lizzy: I'm really happy about that. Now hopefully we will get a fishy start next to the industrious guys. If they try to use their trait, they will be leaving themselves wide open for conquest. I'm not quite sure why they chose those guys...hmmm.

I suppose we could have a general strategies-with-Liz discussion, but we can't plan too much until we see our starting terrain and find out about our neighbors.

Top Bottom