1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

NES/IOT Merger Poll

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by EQandcivfanatic, Feb 4, 2015.

?

Should IOT and NES be merged?

Poll closed Feb 18, 2015.
  1. Yes, merge them

62.3%
  2. No, keep them separate

37.7%
  1. EQandcivfanatic

EQandcivfanatic Zailing Captain Retired Moderator

This is the thread for the simple polling of popular opinion to determine whether or not the Never Ending Stories and Imperium Offtopicum subforums should be merged into one entity. This thread is not for discussion about the topic, as a thread already exists for continued discussion here.

If a merger receives popular support, all extant threads will be merged with each other, and none of the history of either subforum will be lost. The newly merged subforum will then have revised information threads, OOC threads, and so forth.

If there is not popular support for a merger, nothing changes and the status quo remains.

Pick Poll Option 1 if you believe that the two subforums should be merged.

Pick Poll Option 2 if you believe that the two subforums should stay separate.

2. SamSniped

SamSniped DJ Goodboye

My main request is that "Don't Cry For Me Argentina!" still remains the OOC thread.

3. hoplitejoe

hoplitejoe Top fun-poster

Seeing as I haven't played in an IOT in years I won't vote, but I really do think a merge would be the best for BOTH subforums, especially if there was a new subforum name with them as well.

4. EQandcivfanatic

@SamSniped: If a merger takes place, we plan on having polls for relevant new threads and their respective titles. Personally I like "While we wait to not cry for Argentina" as a new thread title. Details like that will be open for discussion during the actual merger phase. We'll also have a new poll and/or contest for new subforum title, with Never Ending Stories/Imperium Offtopicum as a temporary subforum title for the interim.

5. NedimNapoleon

NedimNapoleon Weird Little Human

I don't even know what this is about so I voted no.

6. BSmith1068

BSmith1068 Deity Retired Moderator

Combining the now separate NES and IOT forums into one single forum.

7. Luckymoose

Luckymoose The World is Mine

I like how none of the NESing community has been informed of this. Good job, our chosen leadership.

8. EQandcivfanatic

A link has been put in CFC's While We Wait thread, and of course, this is only hour 2 of the thread even being posted.

9. Lefty Scaevola

Lefty Scaevola Moderatus Illuminatus Super Moderator

Wrong as usual, the impetus for this came out of the current CFC NES community.

10. BSmith1068

Multiple links have been provided in both forums. Not sure what else you would like to be done to inform members of the community. This poll was just posted and we'll keep it up long enough to let those interested place their votes.

EDIT: Wow triple xpost. :lol:

11. Luckymoose

Of which, we are still a part. The hobby isn't segregated based on your whims as administrator with a bias, Lefty. We were told we'd be kept involved in the process, especially related to why the split happened to begin with.

12. BSmith1068

The simple fact that you are posting here means that you are involved in the process. ;)

13. thomas.berubeg

thomas.berubeg Wandering the World

No need to be so abrasive and harsh.

I'd argue that this vote IS being kept in the loop. It's not being presented as fait accomplis, but leaving it up to us. Though, perhaps a link should be posted on The Frontier.

14. Luckymoose

Yes, because I was informed by someone close to EQ. Not by EQ, not by you, not by any post on the Frontier, or by any messages to anyone actively participating in this hobby. We've been kept absolutely in the black on any such discussions on the hobby's future, even though EQ told us the opposite would happen. It isn't a very nice way to handle something.

15. Azale

Azale Deity

And here we have the reason, despite the fact that I like the company of most IOTers, im voting this down out of principle.

Hey, all seeing eye of moderating wisdom, just merge them anyway if that's what you want to do.

16. EQandcivfanatic

Links were posted on relevant threads on this site, which you may note, is the site that the proposed change would take place. You personally were not informed immediately, because I have better things to do (like work I'm being paid to do) than inform each and every NESer individually about the existence of a poll thread. If I had been given the chance to get home, then, yes, I probably would have notified NESers who are on my friends list on Steam, but overall, the existence of links on frequented threads is more than sufficient to get the word out.

EDIT: As I stated above, if a merger is decided upon, exact details of the unified subforum to emerge would be discussed by the community.

17. Lefty Scaevola

Lefty Scaevola Moderatus Illuminatus Super Moderator

I have no stake in the outcome, other than it being easier for administration to leave things the way they are.
    I am interested in how the discussion from current CFC users indicates things might be better or not for them by a merger.

18. Luckymoose

Then why not just do it? If you guys, as azale brought up, were going to do it without ever discussing it with the relevant parties, you might as well continue to do so. My no isn't about the merger, it is a no to the way this is done and the way BSmith and Lefty handle moderation of our hobby. You, yourself, told us you'd keep us in the loop on dealings like these, but we haven't heard anything from you in ages. How are we supposed to keep the hobby a cross-forum and happy community when the most active and largest chunk is kept sequestered?

This isn't what you told us you'd do when they promoted you.

19. Tyo

Tyo HANDS HIGH TO THE SOUND Retired Moderator

Well to be fair, as someone in the discussions on the merger with relevant parties, progress had been pretty slow. That you were not informed of anything in a while likely correlates to the actual activity in the discussion elsewhere.

edit: for clarification, what was to be done was mutually agreed upon by relevant parties, but it took a while to get everything sorted out after the fact. This pretty much came up as the final decision happened.

20. EQandcivfanatic

This is the last time I'm going to say this: this thread and poll (plus the preexisting discussion thread about merger linked in my first post) with links from relevant on-site threads is notification of the discussion. We don't want to "just do it" otherwise we would have.