Netanyahu Outlines Israel's Stance on Peace and Rejects pre-1967 Borders

If Hamas were stronger, they would certainly wipe Israel out. They can get stronger.

Well of course if fortunes were reversed Hamas could wipe Israel out, but that's not the case. Israel is the power and that won't change any time soon.

They are a threat.

The same way the Drug Cartels are a threat to us: they can cause quite a deal of turmoil, but they are hardly capable of wiping us out. Hamas it stands, likewise, can harass Israel all it wants, but good luck exterminating the Israeli people. Isreal, on the flipside, could easily exterminate all in Palestine.

Nazi Germany and the USSR vs. The USA...

Not and, or.

I listed them as true threats in their time because both had sizeable resources capable of wiping out nations. The machinery of both states killed millions of individuals. Can Hamas hope to compare?

OK, let me remind you, Israel has the population of one US city, and is TINY... So, a threat from Hamas/Hezbollah/Syria/Egypt/Iran/Saudi/Kuwait... that's a pretty big deal.

They tried to take out Israel together more than once, and failed every time. There is no "threat" the way I see things.

If they can't take out Isreal in a huge swarm, how can one or two do so?

When Hamas gets nuclear weapons, then I'll consider them a true threat to Israel. Until then...

If you truly love Israel and care about it, you should press their government to settle for peace roughly based on 1967 borders and pays copensations to the refugee. If you care about Israel you need to side with the peaceloving people within it and help them in their struggle agaisnt the settler, Israel Beitounou and the likes. For good or bad reason, th whole Zionist project was seen as an agression and pure colonialism by the Palestinians and the Arabs. It is not a matter of religion as many here try to caracterize it: Israel was rejected as much by Christians as it was by Muslims, it is a "national" problem. The Zionist project succeded, remarkebly, because it was done by Europeans and suportted by westerners in a period of time where the west basically had the monopole on the world's affairs. This priod is getting over every day. In some decades, the balance of power between Israel and its neighbour, and between the West and the rest of the world s going to reduce and eventually revert. Israel has still some time to settle the issue and give the "local" the necessary time to forget about the episode, turn the page and accept Israel as a legitimate part of the ME. It can do it today. If things are not settled and anger keep increasing, the issue would be solved by force, and Israel will never win that way, it will ultimutly lose. Times plays against Israel contrary to what Likud thinks with their "fait accompli" policy.
If you love Israel, sue for peace.

Why again is it the business of the U.S. to redraw the borders in the Mideast?
We aren't the ones redrawing the borders. We are simply using our position as a third party to make reccomendations as to a potential peace deal.

Honestly? i think that israel should just open its borders to the palestinians and keep there goverment, on a less conservitive front though. (i would prefer a free palestine but that probaby costs to much blood

Opening up the borders completely would be a Very Bad Idea. Combine Israeli fears of a 'Hamas Invasion' with the natural chaos of Palestinians trying to return to their homes would result in a debacle that could only end in an Israeli invasion.

Why again is it the business of the U.S. to redraw the borders in the Mideast?

So the internationally agreed borders should be used and the US should not help in agreeing swaps.

Opening up the borders completely would be a Very Bad Idea. Combine Israeli fears of a 'Hamas Invasion' with the natural chaos of Palestinians trying to return to their homes would result in a debacle that could only end in an Israeli invasion.

Yes while this is true im also talking about an israeli "reformed" goverment, one that would cut in half the number of palestinian terrorists, there are many many flaws with this idea i know, but can you think of a better one?

So the internationally agreed borders should be used and the US should not help in agreeing swaps.

The thing is that the USA is the only country that both sides agree doesn't have enough vested interest in the area to really want to shaft one of them - or at least their highest interest is peace, rather than which comes out on top - and which has the influence to be respected and potentially bang heads together to get them to talk. If there wasn't any intermediary at all, they simply wouldn't talk.

Top Bottom