1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[R&F] Netherlands leaked on Dutch TV

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Eagle Pursuit, Dec 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leyrann

Leyrann Warlord

Weird. I'm certain I was taught that...

2. Gabriel Sergio

Gabriel Sergio Chieftain

I hope otherwise

3. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

You are both correct.

4. Inlex

Inlex Chieftain

Dordrecht, Netherlands / Tilburg, Netherlands
    I just have to say: YAAAAY! Called it! Even called Wilhelmina: https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...ns-were-announced.619924/page-7#post-14899509

I'm going to have so much fun building polders in game, which I hate to traverse in real life cause they are windy, boring and death traps traffic-wise! whohoo!

================
    I recently moved from the relative safety of Tilburg (20m above sea level) to the deathtrap-island called Dordrecht (1m below) For the first time in my life, I actually care about the strength of the dykes! :O

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
  5. Republic of San Montuoso

Republic of San Montuoso Chieftain

I'm so happy. Having dutch origins (my oma was dutch), I'm always happy to see this civ in the game.
    Look at them! Theu're so cute! When I saw the abdication of Beatrix to Willem-Alexander, they looked so beautiful and cute everyone... And Wilhelmina is beautifully designed, I think. Really in the idea of the Netherlands, a strong, fierce country which doesn't take itself seriously.

But, I must say: the trailer is, by now, pretty authentic. We saw the crawn of Sylla, and we saw in it some dutch resistants. And we have Seondeok and Wilhelmina. So, my advise is: the trailer of R&F is clearly precise and a strong source of information.

And, also : some people said that it would be unlikely to see Netherlands and Portugal in the same expansion, because it's to maritime/merchant civ. But, as we see it, Netherlands (despite having a CUA that we know nothing) seem (to me) a lot less merchant that we thought, with abilities more about dark ages/loyalty.
    So it became more relevant to suppose that Portugal would be in it (and also because they were in the trailer...)

Inlex, Guandao and Hawke9 like this.
  6. chronoturner

chronoturner Chieftain

I don't that's necessarily the case. It appears that Wilhelmina is going to be tied to dark ages/loyalty, but it could be possible the civilization itself is more maritime based with explorer units/abilities. So I would not count out that merchant Netherlands is still a thing.

Vandlys likes this.
  7. Scaramanga

Scaramanga Brickhead

It seems like the governor of New Amsterdam gave it up fairly easily in 1664 but that's just my impression. The citizens probably didn't care who ruled them across the sea.

Guandao and nzcamel like this.
  8. Republic of San Montuoso

Republic of San Montuoso Chieftain

Yes, I know, but what I felt in the threads was that people usually imagine Dutch as a mercantile and maritime civ. For me, the Netherlands were much more mercantile than maritime : they, basically, invent anonymous companies, economic crisis, fair trade and so one. I know they were maritime, but less, in my opinion, than mercantile.

On the other hand, Portugal in the opposite: much more maritime (and explorers) than mercantile.

So, for me, we will see the Portugal with some maritime ability (plus another we do not know) and Netherlands with loyalty and gold ability.

Olleus and Alexander's Hetaroi like this.
  9. nzcamel

nzcamel Nahtanoj the Magnificent

I'd love to see the Portugese, but suspect they'll be held back for another expansion...

Guandao likes this.
  10. frubox

frubox Chieftain

Might sound op, but who cares:

LUA: Radio Oranje: Can initiate a special project in cities that boosts loyalty . Increased yield during war
    UA: Dutch East India: The first copy of a new luxury worked by Dutch cities counts as 2. +1 after banking. Sea units can move on coastal tiles (canals)
    UU: Fluyt: Replaces the privateer, weaker but with 1 extra movement. Each fluyt stationed in a city state territory increases gold from TR to said CS by 3 (multiple fluyts in one city dont stack)

The canal thing is just for funsies

Meluhhan likes this.
  11. Leyrann

Leyrann Warlord

Give me a moment to enjoy looking down on you. :p

12. Arianrhod

Arianrhod Chieftain

Likewise. For a time period that theoretically contains 2-3 of the game's major eras, I've always found it a little disappointing that the 20th century is so scant leader-wise.

Obviously I'd prefer that they not go overboard in this regard too -- I don't play the game as a WWII simulator, either, and the focus should definitely remain on older history -- but I'd actually consider having a few leaders from that time period here and there a breath of fresh air. When they feel fitting, at least.

evanaurora and Eagle Pursuit like this.
  13. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

The teaser for tomorrow is clearly for the Netherlands, so no surprises.

14. Cerilis

Cerilis Not Warlord

nzcamel and conorbebe like this.
  15. durfal

durfal The Dutch Daredevil

16. OTiger

OTiger Chieftain

Ondolindë, nzcamel, Guandao and 8 others like this.
  17. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Warlord

Does Gandhi count as a modern leader?;)Anyway it's a nice change, and I don't know what other World War II leaders we would get anyway. I don't expect Portugal to get a modern leader though and Churchill might be out of the question.

nzcamel and Guandao like this.
  18. chronoturner

chronoturner Chieftain

My guess is Portugal!

Hawke9 likes this.
  19. Gabriel Sergio

Gabriel Sergio Chieftain

In short words, all we need is a balance

Basically Civfanatics be like :
    ZomboMeme 11122017221942.jpg ZomboMeme 11122017222436.jpg

Hawke9, Meluhhan and Guandao like this.
  20. Olleus

Olleus Warlord

How about this for a dutch UA:
    Gains +1 available trade routes for every 10 trade post established in foreign cities.

Trade posts are more or less garbage at the moment, having a civ that can use them well would be a nice change. And it is pretty much a perfect thematic fit IMO

WillowBrook likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.