Neuschwanstein

Chamaedrys

Emperor
Updated!

This was requested by hardner and (in some way) Od1n.

Caste Neuschwanstein!

Here comes my model of the famous castle of Neuschwanstein. The castle was build under King Ludwig II. of Bavaria. Ludwig, a big Wagner fan, took inspiration for the castle's design from Wagner's music and operas. The result was a building which could be truely called a "cinderella castle".

link to database (updated)

Uah! done!:)

I hate to ever be the one to say something needs a new skin, but this one does. :blush:

I like the design though. I wish we had some castles in the sticks over here to model....

woodelf said:
I hate to ever be the one to say something needs a new skin, but this one does. :blush:

I like the design though. I wish we had some castles in the sticks over here to model....

I'm usually the one to say something needs a new skin.

Head to turbosquid.com as well for a buttload of free textures. I've loaded 25 or so into GIMP and someday I'll learn PS as well!

I must agree with Hardner, this is an EXTREAMLY challenging building to model, it will take something in the range of 1000 polys to do it justice the castle is just so complex. I'd shelve this for a bit and focus on geometricaly simpler structures (as I see your doing with the Leaning tower of Pisa, excelent choice)

Also I would recomend you drop the mountain its sitting on and place the castel more or less on the ground, this should minizize the need to do trees or tree textures on the slope and allow the core castle and its turrets to be proportionaly larger.

The nice thing about Neuschwanstein is that it was constructed as a "Fairy-Tale" castle. Thus, the textures are not as complex as those of other castles. A rough light-grey should serve nicely as the castle body, and a dark-blue brick texture would work as the towers.

The gate looks fine. The model could use a bit of work, but with proper texturing it should be more than enough.

That looks quite a bit nicer, I think droping the mountain has helped, I'm eager to get it in the game and realy have a good look at it.

Wow!!!:eek: I knew you could do better!!:thumbsup: That finally looks like Neuschwanstein! The best part is the watchtower in the front.

That is much better than the previous version. Good work with the texturing!

What are your recomended artdef scales and City Lplot system values?

In the artdef:
<fScale>1.5</fScale>
<fInterfaceScale>0.3</fInterfaceScale>
In the CityLSytem I copy'n'pasted the entry of the Hermitage (Leaf 4x2):

<ArtRef Name="building:BUILDING_NEUSCHWANSTEIN">
<Attribute Class="Rotation">0,360</Attribute>
<Scale>1.25</Scale>
</ArtRef>

Top Bottom