1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Never been able to finish a game

Discussion in 'Fall from Heaven Troubleshooting' started by Moreno, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Moreno

Moreno Chieftain

I have played Fall From Heaven 2 with Fall Further installed over the last several years and it almost always crashes before the end of the game. Sometimes it makes it 100 turns, some times 200+ turns. I've done small maps and large maps, few civ's and 24 civ's. It doesn't seem to matter much. Some races like the Kuriotates crash sooner than others. I know it's not hardware related. I have an 8GB video card, 32GB of RAM and a decent processor. I've downloaded all the patches for BtS. Anyone else have a similar problem? I'd really love to keep playing the game but it's frustrating when it crashes EVERY time. Thanks.

2. NeoBasilisk

NeoBasilisk Chieftain

I only get frequent crashes on the largest maps several hundred turns in. I'd imagine the engine just strains under such a load, and there are breaking points eventually. I don't know if it is the sheer number of units or cities or what exactly, but even when the game isn't crashing, the AI still takes about 5 minutes to complete a turn at that stage.