Never Before Seen Civs - Elimination Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't feel too bad, I was mostly just playing about how much that knife to back hurt. How much pain I was in as the blade tore through my unsuspecting flesh. I'm fine, really!

(For real it's the way of the game, I was just playing up the drama for comedic value because I genuinely didn't expect it. I'm not actually offended or anything, I wouldn't quote Shakespeare and crack history jokes if I was actually offended!)
ye, Iknow, joking too. Tho I will still upvote Olmecs, for I am man of my word!

Algonquian (Any) 18
Anasazi/Navajo/Other SW NA 18
Bohemians/Czechs/Great Moravia 20 - Bohemia can into lead, yay!
Nazca/Moche/Muisca/Other Andean 18
Olmecs/Mixe-Zoque/Other Mesoamerican 7+1=8 - This is actually American region that kinda interrests me, and I would like to see fathers of Aztec and Mayan cultures in game.
Sabaeans/Himyarites/Yemen 15
Tamil/Chola/Sri Lankans 12-3=9 - I'm not very interrested in them.
Ukranians/Cossacks 17

Algonquian (Any) 18
Bohemians/Czechs/Great Moravia 20
Nazca/Moche/Muisca/Other Andean 18-3=15 I would love to see more representatives from this region, if I thought any were really feasible for Civ.
Olmecs/Mixe-Zoque/Other Mesoamerican 8
Sabaeans/Himyarites/Yemen 15+1=16 The current turmoil in the region is a terrible shame. Hopefully their illustrious history is not lost forever in the conflict.
Tamil/Chola/Sri Lankans 9
Ukranians/Cossacks 17

Algonquian (Any) 18
Bohemians/Czechs/Great Moravia 20
Nazca/Moche/Muisca/Other Andean 15
Olmecs/Mixe-Zoque/Other Mesoamerican 8+1=9 (now that I think of it, if Greece has two civs and three leaders representing it, and Byzantines are inevitable, getting another civ for Mesoamerica is actually an interesting idea)
Sabaeans/Himyarites/Yemen 16
Tamil/Chola/Sri Lankans 9-3=6 (I have nothing against Sri Lanka, but Southern India is already part of Indian blob)
Ukranians/Cossacks 17 (pls don't downvote until 2morrow, don8 upvotes I appreci8)

Algonquian (Any) - 18
Anasazi / Navaho / Other SW NA - 18
Bohemians / Czechs / Great Moravia - 20
Nazca / Moche / Muisca / Other Andean - 15 + 1 = 16 : I'd love to see what the developers would do with the Muisca - they were a fairly complex, stratified society which had such an immense amount of wealth that they were the inspiration for the mythical city of El Dorado, and their language, history, and geography have decent documentation. Plus, I want to see at least one more South American civ in this series - Brazil and the Inca just aren't enough.
Olmecs / Mixe-Zoque / Other Mesoamerican - 9 - 3 = 6 : While it would be interesting to see the Olmecs included in this series (the Unique Civilization Ability and Unique Improvement shouldn't be hard enough to figure out and implement), their language hasn't been deciphered at all yet, and it doesn't look like it will be anytime soon. This means we can't find any leaders, nor any attributes for them. The Mixtecs would be a little less difficult, since they at least have some documented history and at least one known notable leader, but it would be somewhat difficult to find unique items for this civ.
Sabaeans / Himyarites / Yemen - 16
Tamil / Chola / Sri Lankans - 9
Ukrainians / Cossacks - 17

Algonquian (Any) - 18
Anasazi / Navaho / Other SW NA - 18
Bohemians / Czechs / Great Moravia - (20-3)=17 Not too interesting for me as a culture. Plus West Slavs are already represented by Poland.
Nazca / Moche / Muisca / Other Andean - 16
Olmecs / Mixe-Zoque / Other Mesoamerican - 6
Tamil / Chola / Sri Lankans - (6+1)=7 I've given my reasons to support them. Cholas would need a naval unit, and I think Firaxis keeps the Uniques the same for alternate leaders.

Algonquian (Any) - 18
Anasazi / Navajo / Other SW NA - 18
Bohemians / Czechs / Great Moravia -17+1=18 I like to see a czech civ.
Olmecs / Mixe-Zoque / Other Mesoamerican - 6-3=3 the lack of a leader for the Olmecs are what is ultimately the only reason why I am down voting this. If we had a Olmec leader I would support this all the way.
Tamil / Chola / Sri Lankans - 7

Algonquian (Any) - 18
Anasazi / Navajo / Other SW NA - 18
Bohemians / Czechs / Great Moravia -18 + 1 = 19 Very fun civ, as it has everything needed to create a memorable yet balanced civ
Olmecs / Mixe-Zoque / Other Mesoamerican - 3 - 3 = ELIMINATED The Olmecs don't have a well-documented leader and their language is still undeciphered

Algonquian (Any) - 18
Anasazi / Navajo / Other SW NA - 18-3=15
Bohemians / Czechs / Great Moravia - 19
Ukrainians / Cossacks - 17+1=18

Not gonna lie, pretty appathetic now that the only one I cared about is gone. Cossacks because they're a preferable alternative to Huns, Navajo because code talkers for a side that never used them is nonsense and if it weren't for Code Talkers their cultural relevance and impact would have been very tiny.

Algonquian (Any) - 18
Anasazi / Navajo / Other SW NA - 15
Bohemians / Czechs / Great Moravia - 16 (19-3) redundant
Sabaeans / Himyarites / Yemen - 17 (16+1) Funny story, I down voted it multiple times, because I think there are so many better options than those 3. But with what we have left now, I think Himyarites and Yemen rank right behind Mapuche and Muisca...
Ukrainians / Cossacks - 18

Algonquian (Any) - 18
Bohemians / Czechs / Great Moravia - 16
Sabaeans / Himyarites / Yemen - 17+1=18 While I do like this option, I recognize that in Round 3 we've already scraped the bottom of the barrel.
Tamil / Chola / Sri Lankans - 7-3=4 Helping them to the door in the interests of moving things along. I don't hate the idea of including them, but I'm indifferent.
Ukrainians / Cossacks - 18

Algonquian (Any) - 18
Sabaeans / Himyarites / Yemen - 18
Tamil / Chola / Sri Lankans - (4+1)=5 I've given my reasons for supporting them.
Ukrainians / Cossacks - (18-3)=15 Unless they are Kievan Rus, I'm not interested

Algonquian (Any) - 18
Tamil / Chola / Sri Lankans - 5-3=2 (Gandhi will nuke them on TSL maps anyway)
Ukrainians / Cossacks - 15+1=16 (Ukraine can have elements of Kievan Rus, just like HRE-based Germany has world wars era unique unit)

Algonquian (Any) - 18
Anasazi / Navajo / Other SW NA - 15 + 1 = 16 As stated earlier; Firaxis would gave civs traits based on popular perception, not necessarily the reality, such as giving the Navajo the ability to have more effective espionage and counter-espionage
Tamil / Chola / Sri Lankans - 2 - 3 = ELIMINATED Not really interesting in the grand scheme of things
Ukrainians / Cossacks - 15+1=16

Algonquian (Any) - 18+1=19
Anasazi / Navajo / Other SW NA - 16
Sabaeans / Himyarites / Yemen - 18-3=15
Ukrainians / Cossacks - 16

Algonquins because the Iroquois have had their turn and their rivals should get a shot, Yemen because I just don't care about them at all. I know that's not a real reason but the rest of these civs I have feelings for on some level. Yemen I feel nothing.

Last edited:
Algonquian (Any) - 19-3=16 - Sorry, but this region doesn't interrest me at all.
Bohemians / Czechs / Great Moravia - 16+1=17 - First of all, this is probably the easiest to make Civ. And Guandao said that West Slavs are already represented by Poland. That's right, but Poland can't call itself "the Heart of Europe." :p
Sabaeans / Himyarites / Yemen - 15

Algonquian (Any) - 16
Bohemians / Czechs / Great Moravia - 14 (17-3) many countries / civs claim to be the heart of Europe. Geographically it this can't be solved with a simple answer, historically, it's probably Germany or France.
Nazca / Moche / Muisca / Other Andean - 17 (16+1) Mapuche +1
Sabaeans / Himyarites / Yemen - 15

@Siptah You may be right with many hearts of Europe, but here in Czech Republic, people often like to refer Bohemia as "the real Heart of Europe". It reminds them their former historical and cultural relevance :p

Last edited:
Algonquian (Any) - 16
Bohemians / Czechs / Great Moravia - 14
Nazca / Moche / Muisca / Other Andean - 17-3=14 Like the Olmecs, mostly too hard to implement. And I don't want the Mapuche to sue Sid Meier.
Sabaeans / Himyarites / Yemen - 15+1=16 Honestly not my first choice to implement in the game. Most of those were in Rounds 1 and 2. But I find them more interesting than many of the remaining options.

Algonquian (Any) - 16
Anasazi / Navajo / Other SW NA - (16-3)=13 I would say there are three Civs here which I lack much interest in, and this one of them...
Bohemians / Czechs / Great Moravia - 14
Nazca / Moche / Muisca / Other Andean -(14+1)=15 Muisca are doable. the issue with the Mapuche is due to the standardization of the spelling of their language, not with using it in a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom