Never Before Seen Leader Elimination

Status
Not open for further replies.
Henry V (England) 10
Ivan IV the Terrible (Russia) 18 (17+1) he might have character
Kangxi (China) 18 (21-3) boring LUA: +1 on everything if I should believe you???
Philip II Augustus (France) 17
Thutmose III (Egypt) 27
Ur-Nammu (Sumeria) 23

Henry V (England) 10
Ivan IV the Terrible (Russia) 18 (17+1) he might have character
Kangxi (China) 18 (21-3) boring LUA: +1 on everything if I should believe you???
Thutmose III (Egypt) 27
Ur-Nammu (Sumeria) 23

You really make no sense, upvoting Ivan IV, while downvoting Russia on the Which Civs should get a second leader thread :confused:
I don't get your hatred for Kangxi Emperor. :rolleyes: Yongle Emperor is overrated :p. Why should China be a naval civ? Besides Zheng He, China didn't do jack with navies. You must have some personal beef with the Qing Dynasty :D.

Kangxi's bonuses should be culture/science oriented. According to this YouTube video (about the background of an New Tang Dynasty (NTD) Television 2012 dance competition in which a dancer portrayed Kangxi):

According to ancient texts, Emperor Kangxi was able to read and write at the age of five. Everyday he'd write thousands of words as constant practice. When learning the Four Books of Confucianism, the young Kangxi would memorize every character. After ascending the throne at the age of eight, Emperor Kangxi became even more dedicated to his studies. The books he read included, The Book of Changes, Annals of Zuo, Documents of the Elder, and The Book of Odes. Later he studied mathematics, geography, and science from the Jesuit missionaries, some of whom became his trusted advisers.

After getting rid of the officials who had thwarted him, Emperor Kangxi recruited Chinese scholars to help him transform his rule into one based on Confucian teachings. His promotion and support for Chinese culture and arts helped him to win over the scholarly elite and also the Chinese people.

Emperor Kangxi had a deep appreciation for Chinese literature and history. He loved Chinese calligraphy, wrote many books and over 1,000 poems. He was meticulous about keeping historical records and employed Chinese scholars to compile the Kangxi Dictionary—the greatest to date. He also mapped much of China.

So science, exploration, and Great Writer focus would suit. The military angle could join with his science bonus, and he could have a later-age unique unit as well. The Qing army was greatly feared. And Kangxi made them more fearsome still by acquiring Western technology (link to Ferdinand Verbiest's Wikipedia article, about his construction of guns for Kangxi; he was one of several Jesuit monks who was quite close to and Kangxi, having even taught him geometry and music, among other things).

Henry V (England) 10
Ivan IV the Terrible (Russia) 18-3=15 - Another Russian leader is just not needed.
Kangxi (China) 18+1=19 - On the other way, Chinese leader would be fine.
Thutmose III (Egypt) 27
Ur-Nammu (Sumeria) 23

Henry V (England) 10
Ivan IV the Terrible (Russia) (15-3)=12 Russia can wait for a second leader. Ivan IV is Stalin lite. :lol:
Kangxi (China) (19+1)=20 I think he is great choice for a alt Chinese leader. He's the longest-reigning emperor in Chinese history. Downvoting him because of his actions towards your country is faulty reasoning, besides Russia already has enough land. :p
Thutmose III (Egypt) 27
Ur-Nammu (Sumeria) 23

Henry V (England) 10
Ivan IV the Terrible (Russia) 12
Kangxi (China) 20
Philip II Augustus (France) 18 (17+1) Great Choice for France
Thutmose III (Egypt) 24 (27-3) Against a militaristic twist for Egypt. May Djehoty forgive me.
Ur-Nammu (Sumeria) 23

Henry V (England) 10
Kangxi (China) 20 + 1 = 21 (A science and culture loving Kangxi with a late-age unit would suit)
Philip II Augustus (France) 18 - 3 = 15 (We already have one Phillip II in Europe, and France has many other excellent leader choices)
Thutmose III (Egypt) 24
Ur-Nammu (Sumeria) 23

Henry V (England) 10
Kangxi (China) 21
Philip II Augustus (France) 15 +1=16. Just call him Philip Augustus which was what he was called before France adopted regnal numbers.
Thutmose III (Egypt) 24 -3 = 21. Bringing the runaways back towards the middle. Plus Middle or Old Kingdom Pharaoh needs to appear for once.
Ur-Nammu (Sumeria) 23

Philip II of Spain was known as the "Prudent", but still he is shown as Philip II in Civ VI. So I don't quite think that fixes the problem.

I think they would do better with Henri IV (the "Good"), Louis XIV, Cardinal Richelieu (unlikely due to his spy focus though) or even Napoleon (bland as he is). Avoiding confusion is kind of important. I hope they don't go for Louis XIV though--his agenda would be dull (culture and war, which is fairly close to what Hojo already represents).

Philip II of Spain was known as the "Prudent", but still he is shown as Philip II in Civ VI. So I don't quite think that fixes the problem.

I think they would do better with Henri IV (the "Good"), Louis XIV, Cardinal Richelieu (unlikely due to his spy focus though) or even Napoleon (bland as he is). Avoiding confusion is kind of important. I hope they don't go for Louis XIV though--his agenda would be dull (culture and war, which is fairly close to what Hojo already represents).

By Philip II of Spain's time, Spain had adopted regnal numbers.

Again, that's not really the issue--the issue is whether in-game, it would cause confusion to have two Philip IIs. I maintain that it would.

Henry V (England) 10
Ivan IV the Terrible (Russia) 12-3=9 - Russia doesn't need another leader right now.
Kangxi (China) 21
Philip II Augustus (France) 16
Thutmose III (Egypt) 21+1=22 - He lost his lead somehow. Again. But I'll fix it.
Ur-Nammu (Sumeria) 23

Henry V (England) 10
Ivan IV the Terrible (Russia) 9
Kangxi (China) 18 (21-3) He has many fans. I'm not one of them.
Philip II Augustus (France) 17 (16+1) But I'm a fan of him.
Thutmose III (Egypt) 22
Ur-Nammu (Sumeria) 23

Henry V (England) 10
Kangxi (China) (18+1)=19 I must fight the Manchuphobes! :crazyeye: I still think he's a good choice for a second alt-leader. He may have been part of a foreign dynasty, but he definitely knew how to speak Chinese. I prefer him over Yongle Emperor as a later dynasty choice.
Thutmose III (Egypt) 22
Ur-Nammu (Sumeria) (23-3)=20 He wouldn't offer anything new to the Sumerian Civ6 civ. He was militaristic and a builder of ziggurats. Plus Hammurabi can be the Code giver.

Last edited:
Why do you dislike Kangxi?
I don't think a Manchu ruler fits China in a civ game. I would also dislike Kubilai as a ruler for China and I'm not too happy with Cleo for Egypt. I can live more with Catherine, since she didn't conquer France.
Why do you keep questioning my votes? There's so much nonsense written in the almost all reasoning...

I am questioning not your votes but your reasons for the votes--it helps when discussing the leader choices as something other than "I just like X more". It also helps engage readers who may encounter articles or info that they otherwise would not have sought (for example, I began reading more about the Haida/Tlingit after seeing people discuss why they upvoted them).

Kangxi is basically considered Chinese so I don't think his mixed Manchu/Han Chinese blood is as much an issue for the Chinese as it may be for you. I would also point out that similar leaders of foreign nations abound, notably Cardinal Richelieu, Victoria, Catherine the Great, etc.

I agree with you re: Cleopatra but not because she is Macedonian as much as because she was not a particularly successful leader.

Henry V (England) 10 +1 =11. Didn't have any domestic crisis, was named heir to the crown of France due to conquest. Died before he could be crowned.
Kangxi (China) 19
Thutmose III (Egypt) 22 -3 = 19. Tall poppy. Prefer Djoser or Sneferu.
Ur-Nammu (Sumeria) 20

Henry V (England) 11
Kangxi (China) 19+1=20 He's one of China's best leaders.
Thutmose III (Egypt) 19
Ur-Nammu (Sumeria) 20-3=17 I like him but I prefer the leaders above him

Henry V (England) 11
Ivan IV the Terrible (Russia) 9-3=6 - Russia isn't in a big need of a second leader, and, to be honest, I wouldn't choose him to represent Russia.
Kangxi (China) 20
Thutmose III (Egypt) 19+1=20 - One of the best Pharaohs of Egypt.
Ur-Nammu (Sumeria) 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom