Never before seen natural wonders - Elimination Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grand Canyon 23
Matterhorn 26
Mount Erebus (11-3)=8 Meh
Mount Roraima 25
Vịnh Hạ Long (21+1)=22 "The fact that it's from Vietnam doesn't help it" :nono: More coastal wonders cannot hurt.

Grand Canyon 23
Matterhorn 26
Mount Erebus 8+1=9 - Come one, it has a lava lake! And it's from Antarctica!
Mount Roraima 25
Vịnh Hạ Long 22-3=19 - More coastal wonders maybe cannor hurt, but it doesn't have lava lake :p

Grand Canyon 23
Matterhorn 26
Mount Erebus 6 (9-3) it has only #4 of the most impressive lava lakes on earth according to a random internet page
Mount Roraima 26 (25+1) a truly unique place
Vịnh Hạ Long 19

Mount Erebus 6 (9-3) it has only #4 of the most impressive lava lakes on earth according to a random internet page
I guess I found that web... All of these are impressive. If there will be another round, I think that another lava lake from that list is good idea as an option. Especially Nyiragongo or Kīlauea.

Grand Canyon 23
Matterhorn 26
Mount Erebus (6-3)=3 Would probably be shown as a generic Whitish mountain
Mount Roraima 26
Vịnh Hạ Long (19+1)=20 Coastal rock formations are cool.

Grand Canyon 23 + 1 = 24 There needs to be a canyon natural wonder and Grand Canyon is very much the best known
Matterhorn 26
Mount Erebus 3 - 3 = ELIMINATED For the longest time I have been upvoting it, it's now time to let it rest.
Mount Roraima 26
Vịnh Hạ Long 20

Grand Canyon 24
Matterhorn 26-3=23 I prefer the rest on this list.
Mount Roraima 26+1=27 I re-watched Pixar's Up yesterday and heard the behind the scene story of the Pixar crew going around Canaima national park to take inspiration for paradise falls in the film. I can see why they consider Mount Roraima, angle falls, and other locations in that park for inspirations for paradise falls for the film. I can also see why people see this as a marvelous place, and so do I.
Vịnh Hạ Long 20

Grand Canyon 24
Matterhorn 20 (23-3) Europe is to crowded for a NW
Mount Roraima 27
Vịnh Hạ Long 21 (20+1) much better than the cliffs of Dover

Grand Canyon 24
Matterhorn 20+1=21 - Great mountain wonder with unique and beautiful shape.
Mount Roraima 27
Vịnh Hạ Long 21-3=18 - Something has to go now, and this is ideal candidate for the fourth place.

Grand Canyon 24
Matterhorn (21-3)=18 It's a funny shaped mountain
Mount Roraima 27
Vịnh Hạ Long (18+1)=19 I'll serve as a impediment to its elimination...:p

Grand Canyon 24
Matterhorn 18-3=15 Iconic? Yes. As interesting as the rest? No.
Mount Roraima 27
Vịnh Hạ Long 19+1=20 It's like a gateway into Vietnam.

Grand Canyon 24
Matterhorn 15+1=16 - This has to be in the top 3, just because of it's cool shape.
Mount Roraima 27
Vịnh Hạ Long 20-3=17 - I'm not interrested in it as much as in the other three options. The fact it's from Vietnam really doesn't help.

Grand Canyon 21 (24-3) tough choice. I voted for this one before, because I want it. But there are other (and nicer) western US canyons in my opinion.
Matterhorn 17 (16+1) would like to see this one finishing 3rd.
Mount Roraima 27
Vịnh Hạ Long 17

Grand Canyon 21
Matterhorn (17-3)=14 Interests me the least out of these four
Mount Roraima 27
Vịnh Hạ Long (17+1)=18 Beautiful coastal wonder

The next round could include the Trollpikken in Norway:

Oh, and on a related note, Ko Samui in Thailand as well.

Both Trollpikken and Ko Samui are famous for being rock formations resembling a certain external organ.

The next round could include the Trollpikken in Norway:

Oh, and on a related note, Ko Samui in Thailand as well.

Both Trollpikken and Ko Samui are famous for being rock formations resembling a certain external organ.
Very interresting... I would also liko to propose something: Panská skála in Czech Republic...

Panská skála.jpg

Grand Canyon 21
Matterhorn 11+1=12 - Matterhorn should survive to the top three. It's totally unique mountain wonder.
Mount Roraima 27
Vịnh Hạ Long 19-3=16 - I really find it the least interresting wonder from the rest...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom