Never before seen poll

What never before seen (According to the main series and revolutions) would you like to see?

• Jurchen

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Khitan

• Yoruba

• Fulani

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mossi

• Berber

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Kongo

• Igbo People

• Hausa

• Kanem Bornu

• Burma

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Ashanti

• Great Zimbabve (And successors)

• Kiliwa

• Madagascar

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Somali states

• Akkad

• Tarascan

• Lithuanian

• Caananite

• Comanche

• Bohemia

• MIttani

• Haiti

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Vietnam

• Tartar

• Goth

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Ireland

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Tibet

• Other

• Total voters
Strictly speaking the Canaanites are in Civ6, since the Phoenicians were Canaanites and called themselves such...

Of the ones on the list, I'd like to see Bohemia, Ireland, and the Goths; other new civs I'd like to see: the Gauls, Judah, Elam, the Hurrians, Sogdia (or Kushan), the Choctaw, the Tlingit, the Powhatan (but for the love of all that is holy, no Pocahontas :p ), the Muisca, the Mixtec...

I voted for the Berbers and Vietnam on your list. I also voted other because I would also like to see Italy or the Navajo.

Last edited:
Strictly speaking the Canaanites are in Civ6, since the Phoenicians were Canaanites and called themselves such...

Of the ones on the list, I'd like to see Bohemia, Ireland, and the Goths; other new civs I'd like to see: the Gauls, Judah, Elam, the Hurrians, Sogdia (or Kushan), the Choctaw, the Tlingit, the Powhatan (but for the love of all that is holy, no Pocahontas :p ), the Muisca, the Mixtec...

Some of this was a bit hastly thrown together Never before seen poll and so I went off of this quote:

"The term Phoenicia is an exonym originating from ancient Greek that most likely described Tyrian purple, a major export of Canaanite port towns; it did not correspond precisely to Phoenician culture or society as it would have been understood natively.[11] Scholars thus debate whether the Phoenicians were actually a distinct civilization from the Canaanites and other residents of the Levant."
- Wiki

Berber, Burma, Goths.

The lack of the Navajo/Apache, Timurids/Mughals, and Bulgaria is disappointing.

Also we already got "Kongo."

Some of this was a bit hastly thrown together Never before seen poll and so I went off of this quote:

"The term Phoenicia is an exonym originating from ancient Greek that most likely described Tyrian purple, a major export of Canaanite port towns; it did not correspond precisely to Phoenician culture or society as it would have been understood natively.[11] Scholars thus debate whether the Phoenicians were actually a distinct civilization from the Canaanites and other residents of the Levant."
- Wiki
I mean, firsthand accounts show us the Phoenicians called themselves Canaanites, but also Ponnīm.

I voted Berber, Akkad and Haiti.

Berber because it's an interesting way to get a non-antiquity civ for north africa that won't be arabian. The main issue though is that they are an ethnicity, and not a state.

Akkad, probably because I've been reading stuff about Mesopotamia lately. Still, it's an important historical state, and probably the first imperialist state in recorded history (with a state built on the necessity of military victory) with a leader (Naram Sim) who claimed to ruler over the world (the four banks). They could probably have happiness modifiers based on military victories/defeats, and era points based on military victories/defeats.

Haiti, because the other big colonial empires already had successor states (the British empire has the most with the US, Canada, and Australia ; Portugal with Brazil, and Spain with Gran Columbia), so it's only fair that France has one too with Haiti. And Haiti is also a unique state with a unique culture.

Berber because it's an interesting way to get a non-antiquity civ for north africa that won't be arabian. The main issue though is that they are an ethnicity, and not a state.
It could be Numidia, one of the most well known Berber kingdoms, who allied with Carthage.

Akkad, probably because I've been reading stuff about Mesopotamia lately. Still, it's an important historical state, and probably the first imperialist state in recorded history (with a state built on the necessity of military victory) with a leader (Naram Sim) who claimed to ruler over the world (the four banks). They could probably have happiness modifiers based on military victories/defeats, and era points based on military victories/defeats.
It could be a way to get both Assyria and Babylon, sort of, if they wanted to do that sort of like how they combined Carthage into Phoenicia. But the leader would have to be Sargon.

Haiti, because the other big colonial empires already had successor states (the British empire has the most with the US, Canada, and Australia ; Portugal with Brazil, and Spain with Gran Columbia), so it's only fair that France has one too with Haiti. And Haiti is also a unique state with a unique culture.
I'm pretty sure Canada is kind of supposed to represent a France successor state as well, considering Laurier also speaks French.

Akkad, probably because I've been reading stuff about Mesopotamia lately. Still, it's an important historical state, and probably the first imperialist state in recorded history (with a state built on the necessity of military victory) with a leader (Naram Sim) who claimed to ruler over the world (the four banks).
Agade (Akkad) was culturally Sumerian. While I'm generally in favor of having all the Near Eastern civs, IMO having Agade and Sumer in the same game makes no sense. Agade should be on Sumer's city-list instead of being a city-state, and Sargon would make more sense as an alt leader for a (better designed, non-Gilgamesh specific) Sumer. Also "King of the Four Corners (of the World)" was the usual title of Mesopotamian kings, just like "shahanshah" in Persia.

I would like to see Ireland for some Celtic representation besides a blob Civ. Scotland basically seems focused on the medieval and industrial era. However, knowing the devs and their propensity for 'meme-tier' civs, probably they would get a leprechaun unique unit and special bonuses to drive snakes out of their lands, and all grassland tiles automatically become four-leaf clover fields :rolleyes:

I'd love to see the britons and saxons in this game. Along with the gauls and goths.

I'd love to see the britons and saxons in this game.
Britons are a challenge from a linguistic perspective without making them speak Welsh, like Civ5 Boudicca did--and, speaking of which, they also come with the great temptation to bring Boudicca back. At that rate, I'd rather see the Welsh proper led by someone like Gruffydd ap Llywelyn. Plus the Britons didn't really accomplish much of note to distinguish themselves from the Gauls or Hispano-Celts before being conquered by Rome and thoroughly Romanized.

Britons are a challenge from a linguistic perspective without making them speak Welsh, like Civ5 Boudicca did--and, speaking of which, they also come with the great temptation to bring Boudicca back. At that rate, I'd rather see the Welsh proper led by someone like Gruffydd ap Llywelyn. Plus the Britons didn't really accomplish much of note to distinguish themselves from the Gauls or Hispano-Celts before being conquered by Rome and thoroughly Romanized.

The welsh would be cool. Also I keep forgetting we need a person who can voice these people

I think I'll go ahead and pick one per overarchching cultural group/region, plus an alt.

Germanic: Gaul: replacing the Celts, a sophisticated, specialized, urbanised culture advanced in metallurgy and with a memorable religion. A rare candidate for a Civ that is both religious and industrious. Ireland is a good alteratove choice.

Slavic: Bulgaria. If we can have Sweden, protestant superpower of the late Renaissance in the game twice, why can't we have Bulgaria, Orthodox superpower of the early medieval not in the game? Knaz Boris I and his son, Tzar Simeon the great are two of the most important historical figures of their time, alongside Charlemagne and Harun al-Rashid. Ukraine (Ruthenia/Kievan Rus') is another highly desired choice, but not possible due to Russia already having their UU and UI.

Arabic/Maghrebian: Berbers. Two wonderful leaders (Kahina and Sayyida al-Hurra), with the latter serving as a good choice for Civ 7 token Pirate/Viking Civ. Even ancient Numidia, which is a Berber culture would be a good choice. My alternative choice is Akkad.

Non-Arabic Near-Eastern: Armenia: A bizarre anomaly of a nation that took many forms over the course of their a deep history which spans millennia (starting with ancient Urartu). Easy slam dunk choice for a Cultural and Religious Civ. If not Armenia, then my vote goes to the Khazars.

Far East Asian: Burma. Two really good leader choices, in Anawrahta and Bayinnaung, Known for it's agriculture and thousands of splendid temples, Burma can be an aggressive civilization with a distinct religious and growth edge. Vietnam would also be acceptable.

South East Asian: Malaysia: Unlikely to ever happen but would be a good alternative to Indonesia in a future Civ game. Philippines is my alternative choice here.

Western African: Nigeria: Ideally based around either of the three primary ethnic groups in Nigeria, the Yoruba, Oyo and Hausa. Each culture has had a powerful empire in the past, and there are two easy and fully deserved female leader choices available in Idia and Amina. The Nigerian civ of choice can also double as a rare African science civ, since the technologically advanced Nok Kingdom was one of their predecessor civs. Ashanti is a good alternative choice.

Eastern Africa: Swahili: Pretty much the only choice from this region (I think it's perfectly okay to combined Anna Nzinga's N'dongo with Kongo with N'dongo), can make for a good coastal African civ, and sound Mali foil. I'm not particularly interested in them, but Madagascar is my alternative pick, by default.

Polynesian: Hawai'i: A kingdom in its own right, but I'm generally not very interested anyway. I wanted (and got) Maori the most and the rest, eh. Make me a civ around Rapa Nui and maybe I'll take it.

North-American: Tlinglit. Look them up and try not to fall in love. The crafty Navajo's are my alternative choice.

Latin-American: Muisca: literally the ONLY great and sophisticated native culture missing from the game their inclusion is way overdue. I love Lautaro dearly but I would happily trash the Mapuche for the Muisca. My alternative choice here would have been Gran Colombia, but since they were included in Civ 6, I'll replace them with Taino.

Far East Asian: Burma. Two really good leader choices, in Anawrahta and Bayinnaung, Known for it's agriculture and thousands of splendid temples, Burma can be an aggressive civilization with a distinct religious and growth edge. Vietnam would also be acceptable.

South East Asian: Malaysia: Unlikely to ever happen but would be a good alternative to Indonesia in a future Civ game. Philippines is my alternative choice here.
Um...Burma and Vietnam are South East Asian. :)

Western African: Nigeria: Ideally based around either of the three primary ethnic groups in Nigeria, the Yoruba, Oyo and Hausa. Each culture has had a powerful empire in the past, and there are two easy and fully deserved female leader choices available in Idia and Amina. The Nigerian civ of choice can also double as a rare African science civ, since the technologically advanced Nok Kingdom was one of their predecessor civs. Ashanti is a good alternative choice.
I think Benin or Oyo etc. would be fine civs on it's own. I don't see the need to lump all of them together under one Nigeria civ. Though I guess for marketing purposes it's plausible. :shifty:

Personally I would have just chosen three others (Saxons, Powhatan, and Gauls)
However, I chose these from the list:
Lithuania: Make a good alt for Poland
Goths: Just another interesting European civ
Other (Saxons): My personal favorite (along with the danish/norse, rome, and early USA) King Alfred would make a great addition.

Top Bottom