Never ending war

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by S.O.T MAHak, Nov 8, 2010.

1. S.O.T MAHak

S.O.T MAHak Warlord

Im playing as Germany on a huge map, epic game speed and on emperor difilculty level.

I just entered the renaissance age and have been at war with Russia since the early middle age. They are 2-3 times as big as me but my country is protected by a mountain range with only 5 tiles of entry points. I have razed one of their isolated cities and killed countless of their troops. But every time i try to sue for peace they wont even sit down at the table to negotiate and rejects me. I will glady give them some minor compensation to stop the war.

Is there someway to handle stubborn AI's??

2. nebux

nebux Chieftain

raze, puppet more of their citties

3. Dark_Jedi06

Dark_Jedi06 "Deus ex Machina."

I've noticed that if you're not on the offensive in their territory, they usually don't have an interest in making peace regardless of long you've been fighting or if they even have any units in your territory.

This becomes especially difficult when you get gang banged by the whole world and are stuck on the defensive.

4. wurstburst

wurstburst Prince

It helps to have a bigger military than them. That seems to bring them to the table.

Capture a city of theirs if you can (maybe you can gift it to them as part of the settlement - after selling the buildings inside and razing to 1 pop!). Sometimes it just takes time. But when they have a military advantage, they often just keep fighting.

5. EasyGoin

EasyGoin Chieftain

Launch an offensive and capture a few cities, as mentioned above. Nothing seems to cool a rival nation's hostility like marching your troops through their capital.

6. S.O.T MAHak

S.O.T MAHak Warlord

the problem is that their military is bigger and more advanced then me so i can't go on the offense and the constant war is driven my economy and research down the drain. All my cities are building units or wealth.

I guess is not the first time Germany is losing a war of attrition against Russia!