Never had this happen before - attacked for joining their religion

Kaiman

Chieftain
Was playing One-City Challenge and decided instead of trying to spread a religion around like I usually do on OCC for the Shrine Gold, I'd just wait for people to spread religions to me and then go with the majority.

I randomly got Judaism fairly early but nobody else had it as their state religion so I didn't switch it to mine either since I didn't want the diplomatic penalties Then finally in the medieval times, China (Qin Shi Huang) sends a missionary to convert my lone city to Buddhism.

I decided to go ahead and convert my state religion to Buddhism. The very next turn, Qin Shi Huang declares war on me. He was "cautious" before, with me having +3 and -3 with him, and our power ratings were virtually identical.

Been attacked for lots of silly/random reasons over the course of many playings of this game, but never for joining the religion that somebody intentionally spread to me before!

Means he was already plotting and would have declared even if you didn't change religions. Just a coincidence.

Top Bottom