New Achievement Speculation

shmily_dana

Warlord
Love them or hate them, we are going to have new achievements.

Civilizations : I am fairly certain that there will be 18 related to the new civiliations. Two for each civilization : ("win as ..." and "do something as ...")

World Congress : I predict several that invoke the game mechanic (found it, sanction someone, be sactioned, world games, etc)

Trade Routes : Probably need to reach some quanity to trigger the achievement, also destroy a trade route, have some number of trade routes destroyed.

Tourism : Possibly have to get to some level. Or maybe have archaelogist discover certain things

Great Works : Get them all

Social Policies : Complete each of the new trees

Ideologies : Complete each

Tech Trading : Reach some level of tech trading

Cultural Pressure : ditto

Victory : win via new culture

American Civil War : Win as each side, New trade mechanic may be a factor (disrupt Southern trade with Europe), maybe a "gone with the wind" achivement for capturing Atlanta. (I am really wondering what this map will look like for this scenario. I can see individual battle being played in CIV5. I am not sure how the whole campaign would play out. Topic for a seperate thread.)

Scramble for Africa : Win as each side, possible trade related achievement, archaeolgy achievement(s) (Maybe a reference to Captain Spalding or a reference to Stanley and Livingstone"

Looks like around 50 new achievements.

WChrisMullen

Warlord
"Poland can into space.": Win a science victory as Poland.
Some achievement for triggering a carneval in Rio de Janiero.
An achievement for winning a battle against the Ottomans with a winged Hussar.
"What is the capital of Assyria?": Found Assur, Nineveh, Nimrud, and Dur-Sharrukin as Assyria.
An achievement for sending a Great Prophet to Nineveh relating to the story of Jonah.

Louis XXIV

Le Roi Soleil
"Vote for Pedro" - Win Diplomatic victory with Brazil :p

cakes

Prince
maybe something about the silk road with a trade route across x amount of hexes

WChrisMullen

Warlord
For anyone who played Age of Empires II, "CRUSADERS ARE ATTACKING OUR TRADE ROUTES" would be a great title for an achievement for attacking a trade route.

Ikael

King
Can you Poland into space? = Win a space victory with Poland

Raiders of the lost ark = Retrieve at least 10 artifacts from archeological sites on one single game

Flip-flopper: Change trought every single ideology during the same game

Battlehelm043

Warlord
For any who have played Sid Meier's Gettysburg and Antietam.... Can't Do That General: Lose as either the Union or Confederacy on the War Between the States Scenario; Not Just Whistling Dixie: Win as the Confederacy, and lastly, Glory, Glory: Win as the Union.... As for Vote for Pedro= Brazil Diplomatic Victory....................................HELLZ YES!!!!!.............................That is all lol

Ford

Warlord
As Pedro, found a city on the north pole.

joncnunn

Senior Java Wizard
Retired Moderator
"What is the capital of Assyria?": Found Assur, Nineveh, Nimrud, and Dur-Sharrukin as Assyria.

More likely something dealing with their UA of taking a tech via capturing an opponent's cities. "Spoils of War"? "Tech by conquest"?

Cyanfunk

The Lion
"You Know What This Calls For? A PARTY!" - Carnival ten times as Brazil
"You Forgot Poland" - Play a Huge game without Poland
"Who's Laughing Now?" - Capture Berlin, Moscow, and Vienna as Poland

Lira

Chieftain
"You can't be Assyrians" - Liberate a city previously conquered by Assyria
"I thought it was a Green Day album" - Annex Nimrud
"A rose by any other name" - Capture both Saint Paul (America) and Sao Paulo (Brazil)
"This is not Contra!" - Enter the konami code (just for the hell of it)
"Who's Laughing Now?" - Capture Berlin, Moscow, and Vienna as Poland

This would be bloody awesome! I mentioned "Poland cannot into space" (lose the space race as Poland) in a previous thread, but I really don't care if it becomes an achievement now, as long as "Vote for Pedro" makes it first.

Louis XXIV

Le Roi Soleil
Byron would be spinning in his grave :p

I was going to add "What is the Capital of Assyria" - Capture the Assyrian capital with any civ.

Top Bottom