New and revised religious choices

andersw

Emperor
Gurdwaras: +2Faith +3Food +10% food +10% defence -1 distress
Gurukulam: +1 Faith/5 science, faith spend > +10% culture/food (not a building)
Indulgences: +1 Faith/10g, faith spend > 10% gold/prod (not a building)
Teocallis: +2Faith, +3faith on kill (scaling on era), +1supply, +15exp, -1 distress
Orders: +2F +3G, faith spend > 10% prod, unit prod > 10% faith

Anything that stands out? anything you've used and liked? any disappoinments?

I had to add +2 Golden Age Point to Teocalli so the AI would attempt to even take them. Played like 5 games with 9 religions where Teocalli was the one not taken.

I think Gurukulam having +1 Faith/5 Science is definitely having talks when it shares with a certain Enhancer belief...

Otherwise, Gurdwaras, Orders, and Indulgence seem good.

I had to add +2 Golden Age Point to Teocalli so the AI would attempt to even take them. Played like 5 games with 9 religions where Teocalli was the one not taken.

I think Gurukulam having +1 Faith/5 Science is definitely having talks when it shares with a certain Enhancer belief...

Otherwise, Gurdwaras, Orders, and Indulgence seem good.

Ahh combo Gurukulam with syncretism, why didnt I think of that.
Is Teocallis 3 faith too low? seems a bit underwealming edit: I guess the extra supply can be very useful.
Seems the faith converters are a bit soso if I dont have a strong faith generation from somewhere.

Ahh combo Gurukulam with syncretism, why didnt I think of that.
Is Teocallis 3 faith too low? seems a bit underwealming edit: I guess the extra supply can be very useful.
Seems the faith converters are a bit soso if I dont have a strong faith generation from somewhere.
The thing with the Faith converters is that you'll mostly convert Faith into other yields regardless. So it can be translated into "10% of your Faith per Turn will eventually be converted into yield and yield." Especially when you have Great People Purchases.

The thing with the Faith converters is that you'll mostly convert Faith into other yields regardless. So it can be translated into "10% of your Faith per Turn will eventually be converted into yield and yield." Especially when you have Great People Purchases.
Yes I just got to feel how that was without the old op orders (me failing reform also didnt help).
I guess I need to test Teocallis.
I can see the faith converters will be really good as aztec/celt.

I always wanted Grand Temple to reduce Reformation cost by a certain % but oh well.

Teocallis: +2Faith, +3faith on kill (scaling on era), +1supply, +15exp, -1 distress

Anything that stands out? anything you've used and liked? any disappoinments?
I'm surprised the AI isn't taking this, frankly this one looks pretty good to me. More supply is great for tradition, 15 xp is solid for warmongering, it has the big faith scaling of the old orders (unless this is now only the city that spawned the unit?). I mean honestly in some ways its cooler than old orders.

I'm surprised the AI isn't taking this, frankly this one looks pretty good to me. More supply is great for tradition, 15 xp is solid for warmongering, it has the big faith scaling of the old orders (unless this is now only the city that spawned the unit?). I mean honestly in some ways its cooler than old orders.
Yes, will test in my next game.
Oh the old orders WAS 3 faith/kill, well then this will def be good enough.

AI doesn't score the faith on kill.

Probably mean the AI does not consider the faith on kill when considering it worth it or not, which could explain why they never take it

Probably mean the AI does not consider the faith on kill when considering it worth it or not, which could explain why they never take it
Y and maybe letting ai run away.
New god of war was ... godly.

I think Ai just some weird internal logic for what it picks. There have always been ones they literally never take in all versions.

New version will expose AI’s scoring for beliefs as a recommendation to players.

The only differences between the old order and new teocalli is:
no +3 :c5strength: or HP
no morale promotion
Added +1 supply

The new order building is the actual “new” faith building, more so than the teocalli

New version will expose AI’s scoring for beliefs as a recommendation to players.
If they enable it in ChoosePantheonPopup.lua and ChooseReligionPopup.lua

Look for this line.
Code:
local bDebugScore = false; -- Use this to set to true to see scores for ALL beliefs
Set to true and it'll display all scores in their number order (for modding purposes, I guess and to keep with advisor recommendation consistency).

Otherwise, new version will recommend top 3 best beliefs according to the AI.

The only differences between the old order and new teocalli is:
no +3 :c5strength: or HP
no morale promotion
Added +1 supply

The new order building is the actual “new” faith building, more so than the teocalli
Also +15 XP, that is new isn't it?

Tried to grab Indulgences: +1 Faith/10g, faith spend > 10% gold/prod with Persia but I wanted it as enhancer and then it was already taken, I've seen AI dont mind this one at all.
Guess Ill have to test going Aztec and take it as founder belief to see how it scales.

Ok, god of war + teocallis + syncretism > capture holy city with Gurukulam/Indulgences and pull writers/scientists from here was the real deal.

Aztec+ Indulgences+god of war+teocallis (AI skips this everytime) + zelotry, cool to push production.
Either missionaries or army, can also faith buy units and give immediately to allied CS during war while at the same time pushing production, can also be helpful to super speed up courthouses in captured cities.
Annoying that prophets pre industrial is not "bought" but generated so they dont add anything to Indulgences (thats why zelotry also got me a full army from faith alone).

Probably will have to test this with byzantins who can purchase GP in classic and make any choice, for example, what will happen if Byzantine goes Indulgences AND Gurukulam ...

Top Bottom