1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New approach to acne

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Azadre, Aug 4, 2005.

1. Azadre

Azadre One more turn...

Has anyone tried washing with just water? I have tried benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid and neither help. Cetaphil also does me no justice.

2. h4ppy

h4ppy You sir, pineapple?

Just pop them when they come up.

3. Inter4

Inter4 Forza Inter!

Go to a dermatologyst (spelling mistake for sure). That's the best thing you can do.

I was full of 'em 3 years ago, now my face is as clean as a baby's butt.

4. Azadre

Azadre One more turn...

No money for a derm/medicaid does not pay for it.

5. amadeus

amadeus Civ2 / Law and Order!

Soap and water 3 times a day.

6. GenMarshall

GenMarshall High Elven Ghost Agent

New Suramar City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    A shower a day, keeps the pimple away.

7. Inter4

Inter4 Forza Inter!

Hmm..

Don't eat junk food and stuff like that.. chocolates, etc.. Your diet affects your acne (like I've learned through the years). And like pepople said before, clean your face and try not to touch your face with your hands too much since we all know how many germs get in your hands through the day. Keep using what u use before you go to bed. That cleans your face better than anything.

8. Godwynn

Godwynn March to the Sea

Maybe as smooth, but I doubt clean. :lol:

9. Strider

Strider In Retrospect

If benzoyl peroxide isn't working, then your not using enough of it. Put alot of it on your face, and then let it soak in for about 2-3 minutes. Yes, it'll burn like all hell, but once the 2-3 minutes is over and you wash it off you should see a differance (and I'm not talking about making your face red).

Although, yes I did say use alot of it, don't over-do it. If you start peeling, then use less. If you don't see a differance, then use more.

10. WildFire

WildFire amour

Acutane but that costs $$$$$$

11. Dida

Dida YHWH

use BP, lots of it, and about 5 minute afterwards, put a layer of lotions on it, so that it doesn't dry up your skin too badly.
    first few days should be itchy, but after a while it will feel alrite, and your acne will go away.

12. BrutalGodProjek

BrutalGodProjek Chieftain

What's BP? And you guys knows that Acne is hereditary right, just cleaning with water will do nothing.

13. stratego

stratego Trying to be good.

lemon ice tea

14. Hygro

Hygro soundcloud.com/hygro/

And can send you into a suicidal depression without warning, rhyme, or reason.

Emphasis on "can", not "will"

15. Sims2789

Sims2789 Fool me once...

I stopped washing mine with a washcloth and soap and it cleared up quite nicely. This is because the pressure from the washcloth irritated my skin, which caused acne to form. Also, for this same reason do not touch your face very much. It may be hard at first but once you force yourself to for a little while touching your face is no longer habit. Now, I wash my face by putting my cream on, alloing it to dry, then waiting a little while, and then rinsing it off; in the morning with a salicylic acid solution during the morning and with a benziol peroxide solution at night. Also, those little pad thingies are bad too. Using them also involves pressure on your face and is therefore bad. That doesn't mean that you can't scratch your face when it itches, but if touching your face a lot is a bad habit of yours I'd advise you to stop. Also whiping your face with your shirt isn't good.

16. Sims2789

Sims2789 Fool me once...

According to my doctor, there's no data to back that up, but then again, there have been no studies either. Accutane is nasty stuff, though, and causes many minor side effects such as constantly having to drink (and major ones but those are very rare), so it should only be used as a last resort. Everything I have said here was said by my doctor when I was considering Accutane.

17. Shadylookin

Shadylookin master debater

cut off your left arm, it won't solve anything but nobody will be looking at your acne.

anyway a mild soap and water is supposed to help and it has helped me before

18. Bud2998

Bud2998 Bud the Ironfist

Time did wonders to my acne problem. But I guess people just aren't as patient as I am.

19. Hygro

Hygro soundcloud.com/hygro/

I will second that. If you can clean it with water that means you don't have an acne problem, but a hygiene one.

20. farting bob

farting bob ThEy MaDe Me Do iT.

Ive had mild acne for a while, but its going away, just with normal soup and water every night. You can go to a chemist and see what stuff they have, but often it costs a hell of a lot and doesnt speed up the process significantly. Depends on how bad it is, and how desperate you are to get rid of it all.