New backgrounds for Caesar and Peter (LH)

krowtrobot

Chieftain
I thought Caesar being infront of the Pantheon (not built until around 125 AD) and Peter being in Moscow were relatively ridiculous. So here I have Caesar infront of the Curia in Rome, and Peter is infront of his statue at the Winter Palace at St. Petersburg. Also, Caesar's new cloths are not mine, but Rufus T. Firefly's. I only did the backgrounds.

Attachments

• caesarbk.jpg
    caesarbk.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 1,882
  • peterbk.jpg
    peterbk.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 1,744
  • julius_caesar_bg.zip
    154.9 KB · Views: 198
  • peter_bg.zip
    146.6 KB · Views: 189
Actually, that is what it looked like back then. It was a very plain building. It's one of the few buildings that has barely changed since Roman times.

Nice idea! But Peter's background is not historically correct, сause it features a monument to Peter himself, made in the time of Catherine The Great(1782), who paid her respects to the city’s founder.

So, this background is more suitable for Catherine ;)

You can't put the curia in the background for Caesar. The curia burned to the ground in 52 BC and had not been rebuilt by the time of Caesar's assassination in 44. The reason he was killed at feet of the statue of Gnaeus Pompeius was because the senate was meeting at Pompey's theatre due to the fact that the new curia was not completed. Given that Caesar's power only rose to what it was after the crossing of the Rubicon and defeat of Pompey, the curia just doesn't fit.

First of all, the "Bronze Horseman" - statue of Piter - was built in fifty years' time after his death. And there's the Senate behind him, not the Winter Palace :)

Top Bottom