1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Barbarians Help

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Star Trek Mod' started by Tirane, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Tirane

Tirane Chieftain

Aside from resseting the XML unit info below how do you get different types of barbarians to spawn? What other files are involved?

<MinBarbarianSpawnEra>ERA_TOS</MinBarbarianSpawnEra>
    <MaxBarbarianSpawnEra>ERA_TNG</MaxBarbarianSpawnEra>
    <iBarbarianChanceMultiplier>1</iBarbarianChanceMultiplier>

My idea is to have a variety of pirate types out there from the less savory races. Mostly they will be lower tech than the current era representing "aquired" and second hand vessels. I have reset the iBarbarianChanceMultiplier for a number of ships but haven't had any luck so ther most be a code somewhere else that determines what type of ships spawn.

2. deanej

deanej Chieftain

Actually all the civs share their non-unique units; the art is changed via the unit art styles system (the same system that BtS uses to make Chinese warriors look asian). You'd have to add the units in or change the barbarian art style.

3. Tirane

Tirane Chieftain

So how about non unique units. I remember there are 2 with cloaking capabilities
    Romulan Scout and Klingon something?
    Can they be set at barbarians by the above method. I understand the art would be generic but would they be cloaked?

4. deanej

deanej Chieftain

In an old version of the mod they started cloaked, though now the cloaking system has changed so they don't work like that any more. The Klingon Bird of Prey can now fire while cloaked (it was always meant to be based on STVI), while the Romulan one changed to the Scimitar and has the same ability.