New BERT info coming July 22

* Hutama:
** Tax Heaven: One free trade route in capitol.
** Market Deregulation: Trade route population thresholds decreased by 30%.

* Arisha Kishk:
** Commercial Lobby: Capitol energy yield increased by 20%.
** Strategic Supply Network: Energy maintenance for military units reduced by 10%

* Daoming:
** National Land Management: + 1 production on strategic resources
** Public Works: Energy maintenance of buildings in capitol reduced by 30%.

* Fielding:
** Special Ops: Covert Operations are 25% faster to complete
** Field Recruitment: Covert Agents are recruited at one rank higher than normal

The bonuses of these agreements look really good to me. Diplomacy will be an important part of the game now since you will want to take advantage of these traits and agreements.

This is how I understand things:

There are 4 categories of traits.
- character (this is one that your civ starts with)
- domestic
- military
- political

In the other 3 categories, you can buy a specific trait with diplo capital that gives your civ a bonus. You can also use diplo capital to upgrade a trait.

Andrew Fredricksen said that agreements are the other side of the coin to traits. So, traits are the bonus that you get, and agreements are the version of your trait that other civs can rent from you. So, when a civ buys a new trait, it unlocks the corresponding agreements that are available to other civs.

Yeah, that looks correct. The only thing is, why rent when you can buy for cheaper? At least right now, with the numbers balanced as they are, it seems only worth renting via agreement when allied with another civ to get maximum bonus, which is bad since it doesn't emphasize diplomacy very much at all.. :sad:

My only wish is they implemented a World Congress/Plantery Council feature since I really like something akin to that in any Civ game. Especially with such a Diplomatic Overdo it would probably be implemented with better method thank in Civ 5/4.

Oh well xD

It does look pretty good, I just hope they didn't abstain from working these features in multiplayer properly.

If you look at about the 1:20 mark on the GT video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTGw9dxwDIg

It shows different traits you can buy for military bonuses:

Precise: Get science for killing a unit.

Practical: Reduced unit upkeep costs.

Imperial: Increased combat strength outside friendly territory.

Profiteering: Increased yields from station trade routes.

Suspicious: Covert agents advance in rank faster.

Integrated: Increased combat strength in friendly orbital coverage.

Efficient: increased production to military units

Honorable: culture for killing military units.

Protective: increased city defensive strength.

Colonial: city tiles are cheaper to purchase with energy.

Yeah, that looks correct. The only thing is, why rent when you can buy for cheaper? At least right now, with the numbers balanced as they are, it seems only worth renting via agreement when allied with another civ to get maximum bonus, which is bad since it doesn't emphasize diplomacy very much at all.. :sad:

You can only have four traits active at any time and there are a lot more than four to chose from. Hence the need to rent them out.

Well, keep in mind that a player can only have 1 active trait per category. So, when I buy a specific trait in a category that locks me out from getting the other traits in that category unless I pay to switch. Agreements are how you get the other traits that you did not pick. So, for example, let's say that I bought domestic trait A and another civ bought domestic trait B. If I get trait B through an agreement, I now get the bonuses from both traits A and B instead of just A.

So, diplomacy is important in two ways: first, it lets me get bonuses that I would normally not get and second, if I invest in relations and become allied, I will get stronger bonuses.

If you look at about the 1:20 mark on the GT video:

It shows different traits you can buy for military bonuses:

Precise: Get science for killing a unit.

Practical: Reduced unit upkeep costs.

Imperial: Increased combat strength outside friendly territory.

Profiteering: Increased yields from station trade routes.

Suspicious: Covert agents advance in rank faster.

Integrated: Increased combat strength in friendly orbital coverage.

Efficient: increased production to military units

Honorable: culture for killing military units.

Protective: increased city defensive strength.

Colonial: city tiles are cheaper to purchase with energy.

Thanks for posting the list.

I like that traits will give players with similar play style a reason to cooperate more. For example a military player might want to be nice and even hopefully allied with another military player since they will be able to get stronger military bonuses from each other.

Well, keep in mind that a player can only have 1 active trait per category. So, when I buy a specific trait in a category that locks me out from getting the other traits in that category unless I pay to switch. Agreements are how you get the other traits that you did not pick. So, for example, let's say that I bought domestic trait A and another civ bought domestic trait B. If I get trait B through an agreement, I now get the bonuses from both traits A and B instead of just A.

So, diplomacy is important in two ways: first, it lets me get bonuses that I would normally not get and second, if I invest in relations and become allied, I will get stronger bonuses.

Ok, I see. I was assuming that renting would also replace the chosen trait - thanks!

Existing sponsor bonuses have been redone too, 9 second mark of the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AYMT_tMroI

AL-Falah: City processes increased by 150%.

ARC: Covert ops complete 30% faster and require one less intrigue level to attempt.

PAC: First wonder built in every city is free. +1 diplomatic capital from wonders.

North Sea Alliance: +50% to ocean city defenses, -50% production costs to ocean city movement.

Franco-Ibera: one free virtue to every 10 bought with culture.

Slavic Federation: Strategic costs for orbital units reduced by 1. Start with five petroleum, geothermal and titanium resources.

Polyastralia: +2 trade routes in capitol. +1 in all other cities.

Didn't see the African Union or Brailiza bonuses.

ARC: Covert ops complete 30% faster and require one less intrigue level to attempt.

PAC: First wonder built in every city is free. +1 diplomatic capital from wonders.

North Sea Alliance: +50% to ocean city defenses, -50% production costs to ocean city movement.

Slavic Federation: Costs for orbital units halved. Start with five petroleum, geothermal and titanium resources.

Didn't see the African Union bonus.

Thanks. The new PAC bonus looks interesting. No longer just a generic production civ, they have become the wonder civ. Note that it says "wonder in each city is free" meaning that you can spread out your wonders in different cities and they will be free. Pretty potent!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AYMT_tMroI

Slavic Federation: Strategic costs for orbital units reduced by 1. Start with five petroleum, geothermal and titanium resources.

Didn't see the African Union or Brailiza bonuses.

Isn't the Franco Iberia the same as today's?

Many of those look OP at first glance, but if everybody is OP, nobody is.
Except:
That has to be a typo. They must mean Workers.

I hoped they would buff all sponsors, and the did. With the exception with Franco-Iberia, who already is the weakest one :(.
Well, there's still time to rectify that.

That has to be a typo. They must mean Workers.

It says wonder in the video. I think they mean upkeep costs as opposed to production costs.

Also, found a new renter agreement:

Private Arms Development: Production costs for military units reduced by a certain percentage.

The GT review (15:30 mark) gives us some more info on hybrid affinities bonuses:

if you have purity 2: +20% strength against aliens
If you also have harmony 2: +1 culture per level of harmony or purity
if you also have supremacy 2: +2 energy per level of purity or supremacy.

It says wonder in the video. I think they mean upkeep costs as opposed to production costs.

I didn't say that you made the typo.:D
Wonders don't have upkeep costs. Free wonders would be too powerful and frustrating for anyone else in the game, free resource upkeep for wonders would be poorly worded and very weak since you would be forced to build wonders in relatively new cities with poor production.
If I was a betting man I would bet a bottle of whiskey that PAC gets a free worker per city (and they've come to their sense on the Gene Vault nerf).

I didn't say that you made the typo.:D
Wonders don't have upkeep costs. Free wonders would be too powerful and frustrating for anyone else in the game, free resource upkeep for wonders would be poorly worded and very weak since you would be forced to build wonders in relatively new cities with poor production.
If I was a betting man I would bet a bottle of whiskey that PAC gets a free worker per city (and they've come to their sense on the Gene Vault nerf).

Good point.

And we get a look at some new artifacts, one of which is Organic anti-freeze. Another is a worn hull-repair suit.

15:50 mark of GT video new unit upgrade screen. We get names for new hybrid affinity unqiue units:

* Aquiloin
* Architect
* Autosled
* Drone Cage
* Geliopod
* Golem
* Immortal

Top Bottom