New BERT info coming July 22

I didn't see a list for this anywhere, so I went and made a log of the Domestic Traits using Quill18's 2nd episode of his Let's Play.

Humanitarian: City Food yield increased by 8/12/15%

Developer: +3/5/8 Global Health.

Industrialist: City Production yield increased by 8/12/15%

Refined: City Culture yield increased by 8/12/15%

Innovative:City Science yield increased by 8/12/15%

Commercial: City Energy yield increased by 8/12/15%

Defensive: +5% Combat Strength for units fighting inside friendly territory. Tier II and III values unknown.

Cooperative: Yield from internal City trade routes increased by 20%. Tier II and III values unknown.

It looks like there are 2 more options, but Quill didn't scroll down enough for me to see.

Ok, I see. I was assuming that renting would also replace the chosen trait - thanks!

Also, from the new video from Quill18, we see that each trait come with unique perks (for you) and unique agreements (to trade with AI). The bonuses are different between the perks and the agreements. For example, the industrialist trait gives you extra production but has the "public transportation" agreement which gives faster movement on magrails. So there is no conflict at all where you would want to simply buy the trait instead of renting the agreement since the two give different bonuses.

From Quill18's video, we see some of the domestic traits:

Humanitarian
Level 1: city food yield increased by 8%
Level 2: city food yield increased by 12%
Level 3: city food yield increased by 15%
Developer
Level 1: +3 global health
Level 2: +5 global health
level 3: +8 global health
Industrialist
Level 1: city production increased by 8%
Level 2: city production increased by 12%
Level 3: city production increased by 15%
Agreement "Public Transportation": Movement speed on roads and magrails increases
Refined
Level 1: city culture yield increased by 8%
Level 2: city culture yield increased by 12%
Level 3: city culture yield increased by 15%
Innovative
Level 1: city science increased by 8%
Level 2: city science increased by 12%
Level 3: city science increased by 15%
Agreement "Conservation Areas": More science from strategic resouces
Commercial
Level 1: city energy increased by 8%
Level 2: city energy increased by 12%
Level 3: city energy increased by 15%
Defensive
unknown (likely city strength increase)
Cooperative
unknown

I love the idea of the Marvels and their quests, though I'd like to see more than two per planet.

There's some chance a clever modder would try it, but I think the expansion could use more emphasis on exploring.

Looks interesting, though I wish they would change Franco-Iberia.

A free tech every 10 virtues was interesting and useful, buy ten get one free with virtues is rarely going to make a difference.

Some non-Culture bonus for Culture, free virtues at the start, or even just some flat Culture in the Capital would make it much better.

Wasn't there too much exploitation with Free Techs given the game's tech design system?

Also, I'm very curious to know what the First wonder in every city is free means, does that mean that PAC basically gets a free wonder?

From Quill18's video:

2 new satellites:
Xeno Siren (unlocked from the tech "biochemistry") attracts aliens to its location.
Station Sentinel (unlocked from tech "ballistics") doubles trade yields from station beneath it and prevents station from disappearing.

New wonder:
Faraday Gyre
cost 904
+5 diplo capital
Energy maintenance for buildings and improvements reduced by 50% in this city

Agreement "Engineering Corps": all worker units are free to build. WOW

Elodie's initial Agreement options -

Think Tanks: Culture cost of Virtues reduced by 15%

Philanthropy: Production costs for city buildings that produce Culture reduced by 20%

Thanks Quill!

Also, Quill18 notes that agreements have a per turn cost in diplomatic capital. If you make too many agreements, you might have a deficit in diplo capital and if you run out of it, you need to cancel an agreement to get back into the positive. So, this prevents players from simply saying yes to every agreement.

From Quill18's video:

2 new satellites:
Xeno Siren (unlocked from the tech "biochemistry") attracts aliens to its location.
Station Sentinel (unlocked from tech "ballistics") doubles trade yields from station beneath it and prevents station from disappearing.

I like everything about the Station Sentinel but the name. It's just so... "gamey", summing up what you use it for within the context of play but not providing any sort of in universe thematic explanation. Just calling it something "Station Coms Relay" would go a long way towards showing how exactly it's boosting trade yields and defence.

Besides that it seems like a great way for a faction to provide support to a station other than just surrounding it with units and makes for interesting asymmetrical relationships between factions where both may be benefitting from a station but only one can be benefiting twice as much. Assuming the bonus isn't universal, of course, which would have its own dynamics where whoever manages to avoid deploying the satellite benefits most.

Also, Quill18 notes that agreements have a per turn cost in diplomatic capital. If you make too many agreements, you might have a deficit in diplo capital and if you run out of it, you need to cancel an agreement to get back into the positive. So, this prevents players from simply saying yes to every agreement.

Oh, nobody brought that up yet? Whoops.

I also really like the 5 relations (war, sanctioned, neutral, cooperation, allied) that are based on fear/respect. I feel this will make relations more logical since as your fear/respect levels go up, your relations will improve and as your fear/respect go down, your relations will deteriorate. I also like that there is a level between war and neutral that seems to have taken the place of the denounce option. Finally, no more denounce spam! Also, this gives the player an option if they dislike an AI civ and do not want to trade agreements with it but not enough to go to war.

Oh, nobody brought that up yet? Whoops.

It was mentioned in another video but Quill18 actually experienced a diplomatic capital deficit in his demo since he was still learning things.

Also, each civs can have a maximum of 5 agreements active. So there is a hard limit. But the per turn cost can limit you if you are not producing enough capital.

Also, agreements require at least a neutral relationship. If you drop below (sanctioned or war), the agreement is automatically cancelled.

Oh yeah. A little thing I noted in Quill's 2nd video. After he terminated his Agreements with Elodie and Arshia, they each sent a communique that came up at the top of the screen saying:

Elodie - RE: YOUR CANCELED AGREEMENT "Canceling that agreement will have repercussions."
and
Arshia Kishk - RE: YOUR CANCELED AGREEMENT "It's a shame you left things like "honor and "duty" on old earth."

Though a bug to be noted is that when Elodie's popped up it used Arshia's portrait and Al Falah's faction symbol.

Oh yeah. A little thing I noted in Quill's 2nd video. After he terminated his Agreements with Elodie and Arshia, they each sent a communique that came up at the top of the screen saying: "Canceling that agreement will have repercussions." and "It's a shame you left things like "honor and "duty" on old earth." respectively.

Yeah, canceling agreements lowers your respect with that leader.

Why would I want a satellite to keep a station from disappearing? Is there a satellite that burns stations to the ground instead? Screw stations, they can all die in a fire, unless there's been some improvement to them that I haven't heard about.

Yeah, canceling agreements lowers your respect with that leader.

Yes, I remember hearing that a few times. The reason I brought it up is because I'm wondering if everyone has unique responses or if they all have a generic pool of dialogue. Seeing as how that is a concern I've seen brought up multiple times about leader diversity.

Plus is also shows that the Communiques come up on the screen automatically as well as in the Diplo screen.

Yes, I remember hearing that a few times. The reason I brought it up is because I'm wondering if everyone has unique responses or if they all have a generic pool of dialogue. Seeing as how that is a concern I've seen brought up multiple times about leader diversity.

Well, since Elodie and Arshia gave two different messages for the same thing, it would seem that leaders do get more unique diplo text.

Plus is also shows that the Communiques come up on the screen automatically as well as in the Diplo screen.

I really like the UI decision of having the communiques pop up like that at the top of the screen.

Well, since Elodie and Arshia gave two different messages for the same thing, it would seem that leaders do get more unique diplo text.

The concern that I'm voicing is that they may have a collective of random responses rather than individual pools for themselves. I really do hope they have their own dialogue, that could provide so much more character. Its subtle but significant.

-----------------------------

I happily welcome these diplomacy changes, but what I really want to see more of is the Hybrid affinities!

Brief glimpse of hybrid affinity units from the IGN video. Makes me wonder if city appearances will change too.

Because they should.

Spoiler :

Moderator Action: Wide image wrapped in spoiler tags

Also Quill18 mentioned that he complained to Firaxis about not being able to sort trade routes by yields and his feedback was passed along directly to the devs. So there is a chance that trade routes will be sortable by yield. I know that is something that many of you have asked for, your wish may come true.

Top Bottom