Status
Not open for further replies.

Recursive

Already Looping
Supporter
As @Gazebo still appears to be occupied, I've decided to release another beta patch.

Feedback on AI diplomacy is requested! Please post your feedback on this version thread or on the dedicated diplomacy thread: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/diplomacy-ai-development.655040/

Online as of 4:40 PM CT. Not savegame compatible.

Installation Instructions:

1. Install the 12-1-3 Version of VP using the autoinstaller from here.

2. Download the patch version of your choice from this post (attached ZIP files are at the end of this post).

3. Extract the folders from the .zip folder.

4. Copy and paste the extracted folders directly into your MODS folder (My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS)

5. At the prompt, select "Replace the files in the destination" as shown here:

Spoiler :

Instructions.png

6. Delete your cache folder, if it exists (My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache).

7. Enjoy the new beta version of VP :king:

Changelog

Code:
Everything from the 1/9 and 1/15 patches is included, plus:

Minor performance improvements

Bugfixes
- Fixed the bug causing newly added Great People not to appear (ilteroi)
- Fixed City-States automatically falling to Barbarian hordes even if no Barbarians are nearby (ilteroi)
- Fixed garrisoned units abandoning cities (ilteroi)
- CTD fixes (ilteroi)
- AI should expand more if there is room (ilteroi)
- City plot governor should behave more predictably (ilteroi)
- Fixed splash damage (yields from kill, city protects) (ilteroi)
- Fixed aircraft handling for AI and player (unit icons) (ilteroi)
- Fixed Castle/Mission Great Work UI display bug whatchamacallit (Milae)
- Assorted bugfixes from Milae and HungryForFood
- Diplo AI bugfixes including a fix for AI premature peace bugs

Balance
- Adjustment to Celtic pantheons from pineappledan

Barbarians
- Barbarians can heal on unowned land plots

Promotion AI
- Improvements from Milae

Tactical AI
- Improvements from ilteroi

DiploOpinionWeights.sql
- Added lots of values to the database that are now customizable
- Added customizable timers for most timed opinion modifiers
- Rewrote/reorganized the file for modder/player accessibility, added annotations which explain how the various bonuses/penalties work

Diplomacy AI
 General
 - In honor of a new era of global politics in the real world, global politics now matter much more in civ-to-civ relationships (experimental, this might change)
   DoF/DP/denouncements now have a greater impact on Opinion
   Extra value if the civ's worst competitor, greatest World Congress rival, or most valued friend/DP is involved somehow
   Added opinion bonus for being previously friends, if no prematurely ended DoF/ denouncement/DoW has taken place
   Added opinion penalty for being denounced(!) by a civ's friend or former friend (doesn't always trigger, it varies)
   Added PERMANENT backstabbing penalty for declaring war on a civ that you resurrected (this one is no joke so be careful!)

- Opinion and approach penalties/bonuses for competition (territory, victory, Wonders, City-State Influence, Tech/Policy) now scale based on difficulty level
  The AI will be progressively more aggressive about competition as difficulty gets higher:
  Settler: 50% of normal aggression
  Chieftain: 60%
  Warlord: 70%
  Prince: 80%
  King: 90%
  Emperor: 100%
  Immortal: 112.5%
  Deity: 125%
  (AIDeclareWarProb value controls this)

- These bonuses/penalties also scale based on flavors now
(e.g. AIs with high Boldness will be more aggressive about territorial disputes, AIs with low Boldness will be less aggressive)

- This also includes the reckless expansion and Wonder spamming penalties

- Opinion bonuses for non-competition now scale with era (no contested borders only scales if the AI has the "Conqueror" diplo personality)

- AIHumanStrengthMod and AIDeclareWarProb difficulty values are now compatible with multiplayer

Flavors
 - Changed the functions of some AI flavors
 - Removed old code which changed all diplomacy flavors for custom civs added to VP
 - Every civ now can have customized diplomacy flavors in LeaderPersonalities.sql

- For the most part these are still set to default values, but for the civs listed in Group 1 of my Community Ideas thread, they have been replaced with the new flavors

- For the civs in Group 2 of that thread, I swapped in Hinin's flavor suggestions with some adjustments (as they're probably better than the default; I will still continue with the full revision of course!)

- I also made some tweaks to a couple other civs, and fixed some issues like Egypt/Arabia having expansionist flavors which doesn't fit with their kit at all

- The aim is to make leader personalities both more distinct and advantageous to them based on their unique traits

Have fun! :)

Attachments

• 2-4 Beta Patch EUI with Hotfix 5.zip
    10.2 MB · Views: 615
  • 2-4 Beta Patch NoEUI with Hotfix 5.zip
    10.1 MB · Views: 178
  • 2-4 Beta Patch 43 Civ EUI with Hotfix 5.zip
    10.3 MB · Views: 150
  • 2-4 Beta Patch 43 Civ NoEUI with Hotfix 5.zip
    10.3 MB · Views: 76
Last edited:
In this version I've included code which should generate an entry in the CUSTOMLOG file every time a coop war is cancelled for any reason.

So if you have logging enabled and you experience the bug which I can't seem to find where the AI forgets about a coop war they agreed to, please post a bug report on Github and include your logs!

Instructions for how to properly enable logging can now be found on the Github repository's main page.

- For the most part these are still set to default values, but for the civs listed in Group 1 of my Community Ideas thread, they have been replaced with the new flavors

- For the civs in Group 2 of that thread, I swapped in Hinin's flavor suggestions with some adjustments (as they're probably better than the default; I will still continue with the full revision of course!)

What no performance improvements! Outrageous ;)

I am a little worried about introducing the new flavors both only partially and in combination with various other diplomacy changes. It feels too easy to confuse them in feedback, and it will make it harder to suss out if behaviors are due to the new flavors or the changes. I personally would rather see those changes as a complete version unto themselves, so we know exactly what we are dealing with.

What no performance improvements! Outrageous ;)

I am a little worried about introducing the new flavors both only partially and in combination with various other diplomacy changes. It feels too easy to confuse them in feedback, and it will make it harder to suss out if behaviors are due to the new flavors or the changes. I personally would rather see those changes as a complete version unto themselves, so we know exactly what we are dealing with.

A fair point, my reason for including them was that I was concerned about civs behaving oddly because of their suboptimal default flavors, now that bonuses/penalties scale based on them. Worth noting that half of the civs now have better flavors, not just a small fraction. Plus I tweaked some others on my own. They should work well enough. :)

Flavors are more pronounced now as well, so the differences should hopefully be noticeable on their own.

Edit: Some things were missing from the changelog including performance improvements, I have updated this.

Last edited:
For the civs in Group 2 of that thread, I swapped in Hinin's flavor suggestions with some adjustments (as they're probably better than the default; I will still continue with the full revision of course!)

:shifty:
Spoiler Note to myself :

Never thought my name would appear in base VP, even for temporary reasons. Well, you know who to blame if Enrico Dandolo tries something funny in your back this version. :crazyeye: Oh... what have I done...:dubious:

Ok now its a real patch :)

I saw an updated note about the Celtic pantheon, do we have a formal list of those changes?

Morrigan, the Harbinger
Loses +5 HP healed per turn in friendly territory
Gains +Gold, Culture, GAP instant yields if you pillage a non-road improvement

Dagda, the All-Father
Gains +5 HP healed per turn in friendly territory

Started a game as Carthage and found Gandhi as my closest neighbor but still reasonably far away. I was out scouting near his territory with a warrior on turn 28 (epic, huge), when he denounced me! I told him to stuff it, so he declared war. I know Gandhi can be a little quick on the trigger but man..

...maybe I overtuned the flavor scaling :lol:

Started a game as Carthage and found Gandhi as my closest neighbor but still reasonably far away. I was out scouting near his territory with a warrior on turn 28 (epic, huge), when he denounced me! I told him to stuff it, so he declared war. I know Gandhi can be a little quick on the trigger but man..

I am laughing so hard at this ahahahahaha

post a bug report please

@Recursive
Thanks for your skills. Do you keep the Github DLL code the public has access to up to date with the latest betas or is that usually only what Gaz does only? Thanks.

#new-beta branch on Github, you can see it in my pull request.

some more changes:

* AI should expand more if there is room
* City plot governor should behave more predictably
* fixed splash damage (yields from kill, city protects)
* fixed aircraft handling for AI and player (unit icons)
* barbarians can heal on unowned land plots

Last edited:
What's wrong with splash damage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom