New Beta Version - April 17th (4-17)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazebo

Lord of the Community Patch
Supporter
Hey all,

New beta version inbound. A few tweaks from earlier thread, but basics still there. Since my prior delay, and the amount of new code added by others this time around, I'm going to sit on this beta for a bit before moving it over to the new 'official' version.

Code:
General
   Bugfixes, performance improvements
   Major diplo AI tweaks
   Further refinements of tactical AI

City Defense
    Bumped CS on a few buildings
        Castle 6 -> 8
        Arsenal 12 -> 20
        Red Fort 4 -> 6
        Military Base 15 -> 25
        Minefield 6 -> 10
        Harbor and Lighthouse now get +3/5 CS for city, each
    Garrisons no longer count as a 'minimum value' for a city - instead, it works a bit like the old system, in that 50% of a unit's CS/RCS (whichever is bigger) is added to the city's defense. Still does not affect the city's RCS

Terrain
    Improvements
        Sheep + Pasture = +2 Gold, +1 Food (was +1/+1)
        Oil Well - gives +5 gold on tile
        Quarry -> +2p at Dynamite (was +1)
        Pasture -> +2 food at civil service (was +1), +2 gold at fertilizer (was +1)
        Villages -  now gain +1 gold at Guilds, +1 culture at Railroad
Buildings
    Windmills - Marshes and Lakes gain +2p/+2g; loses internal trade +6f
    Trainstation - gains +6 internal trade food

Beliefs
    Tutelary Gods - now +3p, +2g, +1 faith in cities
    Festivals - now +1c (was +2)
    Renewal - noow +1f/c/s (was +1f/c)
    God of Sun - now +3f from Granaries (was +2)
    Inquisition - removing heresy does not delete pop or cause unrest
    Symbolism - reduced Missionary spread potency to 15% (was 25%)
    Ceremonial Burial - now +15 yield from GP expend (was +14)

Religion
    Inquisitors
        No longer block spread - simply reduce spread potency by 50% for city their in
        If you remove heresy with them, they delete a citizen and cause 1 turn of resistance
    Global change: If you share a religion with a CS, your influence recovers at 3x normal rate (helps Abode of Peace)

Civs
    England
        SOTL - gains Indomitable promotion, loses Breacher

Ideologies
    Autocracy
        United Front - loses +40 influence from CS gifts; gains Unit Supply generated by Population increased by 50%.
    Freedom
        Arsenal of Democracy -  +40 Influence when you gift Units to City-States
        Creative Expression - now +3 GAP form buildings (was +2)
        New Deal - now +6 (Was +5)
        Draft Registration - loses 50% pop unit supply bonus
    Order
        Academy of Sciences - reduced extra science on Academies to +2 (was  +5)
        Party Leadership - now +8 (was +5)

Units
    Promotions
        General
            Anti Air I-III - gained +10 cover defense at all levels; boosted bonus to 15/20/25 v. air units
        Naval
            Infiltrators - now +25% outside friendly; +25% versus wounded, but also -15% if adjacent to a friendly unit
            Piracy - now 50% withdrawal chance
            Logistics - now requires tier 4 promotions instead of tier 3 for naval
        Land
            Field I-III - bumped RCS to 10%; removed wounded bonus, replaced with 10% versus units in open terrain
        Air
            Sortie now Ace Pilot IV - +34% Combat Strength when Intercepting enemy aircraft. +1 operational range. +1 Interception.
            Ace Pilot I-III
                I: +25% Chance to Intercept enemy Air Units.
                II: +25% Chance to Intercept enemy Air Units. +33% Combat Strength when Intercepting enemy aircraft.
                III: +25% Chance to Intercept enemy Air Units. +33% Combat Strength when Intercepting enemy aircraft. +1 operational range.
            Dogfighting I-III
                +33/+33/+34% Combat Strength when performing an Air Sweep. If this Air Sweep is not Intercepted, deal 5/+10/+15 Damage to all Aircraft units adjacent to Air Sweep target.
            Stealth
                +25% chance to evade Interception. -25% Damage received from Interceptions. +50 Hit Points.
            Range: requires tier 3 promotions to unlock
            Evasion I-II: now 33% (was 25%)     
    Units
        Helicopter - now 6 move(was 5)
        Galleass - now 4 move (was 3)
        Removed Naval misfire penalty from all siege units
        Air Units
            Fighters: Now start with Ace Pilot I, (except Zero, which gets I-II), removed Interception I/II

Combat Changes
            Zero - reduced RCS to 60 (was 65)
            Submarine - now RCS 65 (Was 50); CS 50 (was 40)
            Carrier - now RCS 45 (was 50); CS 90 (was 70)
            Nuclear Sub - now RCS 80 (Was 65); CS 70 (as 60)

Archer/Slinger - now RCS 6/7
            Bazooka - now RCS 65 (was 62)
            Helicopter - now RCS 75 (was 70)

Online as of 10:00pm CST. Not savegame compatible.

https://mega.nz/folder/2Jdw3aQT#Z49gV7KAyMq6YiG5BD9jaA

Cheers,
G

Last edited:
I made a significant number of adjustments to AI diplomacy between this version and the last, and I'm eager to hear what other players think of the changes.

If you have any feedback on how the diplomacy AI is performing, please feel free to post in the dedicated thread: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/diplomacy-ai-development.655040/

Have fun! :)

I can't verify for SP. But in the modpack made out of this, in our first game when a missionary gets or is selected, there is a hard crash.
Anyone else have this on SP or MP?

Update: started another MP game and tried and another hard crash when selecting a missionary.
I will delete the MP modpack, install the SP mods only and see if I can reproduce before I submit a github report.

Update2: tried with SP only mods, hard crash on selecting missionary remains

Last edited:
I'm noticing that CSes are attacking barbarian camps again. Is that intended? I kind of liked how they left them alone for the big boys to clean up.

Hey all,

New beta version inbound. A few tweaks from earlier thread, but basics still there. Since my prior delay, and the amount of new code added by others this time around, I'm going to sit on this beta for a bit before moving it over to the new 'official' version.

Code:
General
   Bugfixes, performance improvements
   Major diplo AI tweaks
   Further refinements of tactical AI

City Defense
    Bumped CS on a few buildings
        Castle 6 -> 8
        Arsenal 12 -> 20
        Red Fort 4 -> 6
        Military Base 15 -> 25
        Minefield 6 -> 10
        Harbor and Lighthouse now get +3/5 CS for city, each
    Garrisons no longer count as a 'minimum value' for a city - instead, it works a bit like the old system, in that 50% of a unit's CS/RCS (whichever is bigger) is added to the city's defense. Still does not affect the city's RCS

Terrain
    Improvements
        Sheep + Pasture = +2 Gold, +1 Food (was +1/+1)
        Oil Well - gives +5 gold on tile
        Quarry -> +2p at Dynamite (was +1)
        Pasture -> +2 food at civil service (was +1), +2 gold at fertilizer (was +1)
        Villages -  now gain +1 gold at Guilds, +1 culture at Railroad
Buildings
    Windmills - Marshes and Lakes gain +2p/+2g; loses internal trade +6f
    Trainstation - gains +6 internal trade food

Beliefs
    Tutelary Gods - now +3p, +2g, +1 faith in cities
    Festivals - now +1c (was +2)
    Renewal - noow +1f/c/s (was +1f/c)
    God of Sun - now +3f from Granaries (was +2)
    Inquisition - removing heresy does not delete pop or cause unrest
    Symbolism - reduced Missionary spread potency to 15% (was 25%)
    Ceremonial Burial - now +15 yield from GP expend (was +14)

Religion
    Inquisitors
        No longer block spread - simply reduce spread potency by 50% for city their in
        If you remove heresy with them, they delete a citizen and cause 1 turn of resistance
    Global change: If you share a religion with a CS, your influence recovers at 3x normal rate (helps Abode of Peace)

Civs
    England
        SOTL - gains Indomitable promotion, loses Breacher

Ideologies
    Autocracy
        United Front - loses +40 influence from CS gifts; gains Unit Supply generated by Population increased by 50%.
    Freedom
        Arsenal of Democracy -  +40 Influence when you gift Units to City-States
        Creative Expression - now +3 GAP form buildings (was +2)
        New Deal - now +6 (Was +5)
        Draft Registration - loses 50% pop unit supply bonus
    Order
        Academy of Sciences - reduced extra science on Academies to +2 (was  +5)
        Party Leadership - now +8 (was +5)

Units
    Promotions
        General
            Anti Air I-III - gained +10 cover defense at all levels; boosted bonus to 15/20/25 v. air units
        Naval
            Infiltrators - now +25% outside friendly; +25% versus wounded, but also -15% if adjacent to a friendly unit
            Piracy - now 50% withdrawal chance
            Logistics - now requires tier 4 promotions instead of tier 3 for naval
        Land
            Field I-III - bumped RCS to 10%; removed wounded bonus, replaced with 10% versus units in open terrain
        Air
            Sortie now Ace Pilot IV - +34% Combat Strength when Intercepting enemy aircraft. +1 operational range. +1 Interception.
            Ace Pilot I-III
                II: +25% Chance to Intercept enemy Air Units. +33% Combat Strength when Intercepting enemy aircraft.
                III: +25% Chance to Intercept enemy Air Units. +33% Combat Strength when Intercepting enemy aircraft. +1 operational range.
            Dogfighting I-III
                +33/+33/+34% Combat Strength when performing an Air Sweep. If this Air Sweep is not Intercepted, deal 5/+10/+15 Damage to all Aircraft units adjacent to Air Sweep target.
            Stealth
                +25% chance to evade Interception. -25% Damage received from Interceptions. +50 Hit Points.
            Range: requires tier 3 promotions to unlock
            Evasion I-II: now 33% (was 25%)    
    Units
        Helicopter - now 6 move(was 5)
        Galleass - now 4 move (was 3)
        Removed Naval misfire penalty from all siege units
        Air Units
            Fighters: Now start with Ace Pilot I, (except Zero, which gets I-II), removed Interception I/II

Combat Changes
            Zero - reduced RCS to 60 (was 65)
            Submarine - now RCS 65 (Was 50); CS 50 (was 40)
            Carrier - now RCS 45 (was 50); CS 90 (was 70)
            Nuclear Sub - now RCS 80 (Was 65); CS 70 (as 60)

Archer/Slinger - now RCS 6/7
            Bazooka - now RCS 65 (was 62)
            Helicopter - now RCS 75 (was 70)

Online as of 10:00pm CST. Not savegame compatible.

https://mega.nz/folder/2Jdw3aQT#Z49gV7KAyMq6YiG5BD9jaA

Cheers,
G
No funny tags this time??
:p

This version of Tutelary Gods is pretty bonkers. Tuning it back down to 2 production would be more than fair.

Selecting missionary crashes the game. Otherwise working fine. Hotfix inbound?

Highly likely a hotfix is inbound, ilteroi's already fixed the crash.

I can't verify for SP. But in the modpack made out of this, in our first game when a missionary gets or is selected, there is a hard crash.
Anyone else have this on SP or MP?

Update: started another MP game and tried and another hard crash when selecting a missionary.
I will delete the MP modpack, install the SP mods only and see if I can reproduce before I submit a github report.

Update2: tried with SP only mods, hard crash on selecting missionary remains

I'm also seeing this in SP. I think you're right its related to missionaries.

Edit: I was also able to get far enough in a game to give one bit of feedback.

If Lighthouses are giving city defense now, should Great Lighthouse offer some sort of city defense as well? I'm not sure, but I built it and wondered if it should match or augment the lesser buildings.

Last edited:
It's funny how many times the communitas map does this, pitting capitals close to each other like this.
These were 2 consecutive rerolls on standard size terra start communitas.
Spoiler :
Sid Meier's Civilization V (DX11) 4_18_2020 12_39_26.jpg
Sid Meier's Civilization V (DX11) 4_18_2020 12_46_17.jpg

It's funny how many times the communitas map does this, pitting capitals close to each other like this.
These were 2 consecutive rerolls on standard size terra start communitas.

You can get that in pangea as well.
But that second map was extreme, what settings?
I play with low sea to provide more land and I've reduced CS from 16->14 which gives more room (also nerfs statecraft slightly).

Tell me please, if "Open Terrain" and "Rough Terrain" promotions work when:
  • (a) unit that has such promotion and is on such terrain,
  • (b) unit that has such promotion is attacking/defending against unit standing on such terrain.
For example:
  • +10% :c5strength: when attacking in open terrain
  • +10% :c5strength: when defending in open terrain
  • Combat bonus in open terrain
Promotions involved:
  • Open Terrain: Open Terrain (30% :c5strength:), Charge I-II (10% :c5strength:), Field I-III (10% :c5rangedstrength:), Formation I-II (+15% Def :c5strength:), Rough Terrain Half Turn (+50% :c5rangedstrength:)
  • Rough Terrain: Rough Terrain Half Turn (-25% :c5rangedstrength:), Ambush I-II (+15% Off :c5strength:), Woodsman (+10% Def :c5strength:).
I ask because:
Code:
and for Woodsman or Ambush it is logical that bonus is for unit that has promotion.

You can get that in pangea as well.
But that second map was extreme, what settings?
I play with low sea to provide more land and I've reduced CS from 16->14 which gives more room (also nerfs statecraft slightly).
Standard size, normal sea level, pacific and Atlantic rifts ... 8 civs 16 CS.
Yeah, the second one was just terrible, i insta rerolled after looking at the Iroquis/China borders .... that was just terrible.

Isn't
Code:
 Infiltrators -(...) -15% if adjacent to a friendly unit
Code:
 Infiltrators -(...) +15% if adjacent to a friendly unit
??? DB says it's the same as Discipline.

In addition to this:
Code:
 Ace Pilot I-III
according to DB Ace Pilot II has:
Code:
+1 operational range.
Intended?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom