New Beta Version - August 16th (8/16)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Aug 16, 2020.

1. andersw

andersw Emperor

First time I've seen this, I'm Shaka, is peace vassaling supposed to be a thing?
    (not on beta hotfix yet)
    Spoiler :

upload_2020-8-24_19-23-20.png

2. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

Yes.

JamesNinelives likes this.
  3. andersw

andersw Emperor

I hope it works better than in Civ4, I was not a fan of it there.

4. Tarzan737

Tarzan737 Warlord

I did liberate a dead civilization (suleiman) but he did not become my vassal, is that feature removed? I liked it

5. glaivemaster

glaivemaster Prince

Probably still needs to be reduced a bit. On this turn 3 civs who are not my neighbours were all bribed into war with me. One of them (Mongolia) was more than 2 Civs away from me, and we had a declaration of friendship.

On the plus side, the AI's definitely back to settling at a reasonable pace early game.

EDIT: And 2 turns later Siam, also my friend and, we were preparing to DoW on a third party together (his idea) gets bribed to attack me.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2020
  6. 2506

2506 Warlord

They haven't been vassalized in a long time, if ever. However, some of the benefits from recalling the to life overlap.

7. Recursive

Recursive Radiating Doom At 10x The Background Level Moderator

Need to be in the Medieval era to create vassals.

JamesNinelives and danymatrix like this.
  8. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

Finally got to try out this version (with hotfix). On Emperor

My first impression, Stonehenge built by AI on Turn 26 (that's my personal cutoff for the wonder without Egypt or America)....so good showing from the AI on that.

My two neighbors just built their first city, both right around Turn 54. I have just settled my 3rd city...and I had a SLOOOOOW start (see below). There is almost no hammers here near my capital until I finally got a fishing boat on my coral, so the AI had plenty of chance to beat me to the punch.

Korea has built 2 wonders so I can cut them some slack, but Persia hasn't done much.

Spoiler :

upload_2020-8-24_17-45-36.png

UPDATE: Turn 74, both civs have built a 3rd city, to catch up with me. I'm about to do a new surge of 2 cities so we will see if they continue to catch up. Persia also did get a wonder, so it looks like he did spend some effort on that over expansion.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2020
    vyyt likes this.
  9. 2506

2506 Warlord

Are you sayig that reviving a civ makes them your vassal? Because that is how I read the quote you answered.

vyyt likes this.
  10. Recursive

Recursive Radiating Doom At 10x The Background Level Moderator

It is intended to, yes, provided vassalage is enabled and you're in the Medieval Era.

11. Jiggly

Jiggly Warlord

With Venice aren't you only supposed to be able to make 3 cities with Great Merchants? Cause I just made my 4th city with a merchant. Are there some special rules about how they work im unaware of?

12. pineappledan

pineappledan Deity

@Gazebo, do I need to do anything to activate YIELD_MODIFIER_FROM_UNITS ? I noticed there is no accompanying option in CustomModOptions.xml

13. Guynemer

Guynemer King

I'm getting a very strange issue where I get a bunch of error messages when starting a new game, saying that it can't load a variety of UI textures, and then the game world loads as normal but the UI is bugged out and I can't actually interact with the world at all--select units, build my first city, whatever.

I figure this has to be just my issue, since no one else has mentioned it. For context, I've recently gotten a new computer, so this is a fresh install of both Civ5 and VP, using the latest file on the mega site linked in the first post of this thread. I can start a normal Civ5 game without mods perfectly normally. Not running any of my other usual mods either.

I am not terribly bright about technical things, and I know this isn't the standard error reporting procedure. I figured there's not much point of going to GitHub if this is only a me problem. I'm hoping someone here will have a bright idea of where I screwed up.

. error1.png error2.png

14. SwirlSlayer

SwirlSlayer Chieftain

I know I had a similar issue to this once after I installed a fresh copy of Vox Populi; I fixed it by downloading the Magnus Mutatio modpack and copying the UI_bc1 folder into the Civ 5 DLC folder.

JamesNinelives and Guynemer like this.
  15. Guynemer

Guynemer King

That did the trick! Thanks, friend.

SwirlSlayer and JamesNinelives like this.
  16. Jiggly

Jiggly Warlord

Sometimes the autoinstaller doesn't properly install the Enhanced User Interface (EUI), which causes the exact problem your having. You can manually download EUI from the manual installation portion of the Vox install page and copy UI_bc1 folder into the Civ 5 DLC folder. This should fix it.

17. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

Yes, I just did not add the option in CustomModOptions.xml because that can sometimes cause savegame breaks. You can add it yourself, though.

Code:

<Row Class="6" Name="YIELD_MODIFIER_FROM_UNITS" Value="1"/>

18. Murderologist

Murderologist Warlord

I agree i more so like to give back conquered cities to my vassals because it helps me out in the long run. But it doesn't make sense why they are quick to take a tech or four while offering nothing and they take that any day but not there own cities. Why not just use that logic on cities?

19. Amask

Amask Oogala Boogala

I have a game going where the AI doesn't have roads connecting any of its cities to the capital on turn 185 on standard speed. There is a road between cities 2 and 3 and a few tiles roaded here and there. Looks like it's building some now, but that's ridiculously late.
    The AI in question is doing just fine, 3rd place in score.
    Events disabled.
    what could be the reason?
    Capital is landlocked.

20. 2506

2506 Warlord

It's not supposed to be that way. It'll be addressed, soon if we're lucky.