1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Beta Version - August 31st (8/31)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Aug 31, 2019.

1. CrazyG

CrazyG Deity

Mathematics did not require trade in the past, my guess is it forces players to discover trapping and archers before composite bowmen.

If Construction and military theory swap, you should be required to research construction but not military, keeping the requirements the same as before.

JamesNinelives likes this.
  2. randomnub

randomnub Prince

Ye I got it would be a lil odd to build composite without knowing archers, just a bit baffled by the huge math nerf, solution looks more like a new problem tbh.

3. JamesNinelives

JamesNinelives Prince

Would you mind explaining what this means? I've never encountered it myself.
    It might hurt a bit. ITR tends to be useful early on but are limited but are still limited by which cities have granaries or stone works in. ETRs give small yields initially, but give strong yields for much of the rest of the game. Let's see how the balance between them in this patch is before making more changes.

4. 4CV

4CV Warlord

Pyras still need 2 policies
    Rome.jpg

5. Ziad

Ziad Emperor

Communitas map script (shipped with VP) allows certain plantation resources (and truffles I think) to be placed on marsh. Sugar in particular seems to almost always spawn on Marsh.

Sugar has high yields and is improved relatively quickly via markets, but it does suck that you cant gain the luxury and monopoly til you can clear the marsh.

6. 4CV

4CV Warlord

-- Ancient
    UPDATE Buildings SET NumPoliciesNeeded = '2' WHERE Type = 'BUILDING_PETRA' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_BUILDINGS' AND Value= 1 );
    UPDATE Buildings SET NumPoliciesNeeded = '2' WHERE Type = 'BUILDING_TEMPLE_ARTEMIS' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_BUILDINGS' AND Value= 1 );
    UPDATE Buildings SET NumPoliciesNeeded = '2' WHERE Type = 'BUILDING_MAUSOLEUM_HALICARNASSUS' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_BUILDINGS' AND Value= 1 );
    UPDATE Buildings SET NumPoliciesNeeded = '2' WHERE Type = 'BUILDING_PYRAMID' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_BUILDINGS' AND Value= 1 );
    UPDATE Buildings SET NumPoliciesNeeded = '0' WHERE Type = 'BUILDING_STONEHENGE' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_BUILDINGS' AND Value= 1 );

Which of them are intended to be '2' ?

7. Kim Dong Un

Kim Dong Un The One & Unly Supporter

Just change Pyramids to 0 and move SoZ text into Ancient category while changing policies from 4 to 2.

8. 4CV

4CV Warlord

Should it look like that, then?

-- Ancient
    UPDATE Buildings SET NumPoliciesNeeded = '2' WHERE Type = 'BUILDING_STATUE_ZEUS' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_BUILDINGS' AND Value= 1 );
    UPDATE Buildings SET NumPoliciesNeeded = '2' WHERE Type = 'BUILDING_PETRA' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_BUILDINGS' AND Value= 1 );
    UPDATE Buildings SET NumPoliciesNeeded = '2' WHERE Type = 'BUILDING_TEMPLE_ARTEMIS' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_BUILDINGS' AND Value= 1 );
    UPDATE Buildings SET NumPoliciesNeeded = '2' WHERE Type = 'BUILDING_MAUSOLEUM_HALICARNASSUS' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_BUILDINGS' AND Value= 1 );
    UPDATE Buildings SET NumPoliciesNeeded = '0' WHERE Type = 'BUILDING_PYRAMID' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_BUILDINGS' AND Value= 1 );
    UPDATE Buildings SET NumPoliciesNeeded = '0' WHERE Type = 'BUILDING_STONEHENGE' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_BUILDINGS' AND Value= 1 );

edit: It works for pyramids
    Pyra.jpg
    only SoZ tooltip still says "4" needed...

edit2 WonderCultureCosts.zip removed, didn't work right

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
  9. Kim Dong Un

Kim Dong Un The One & Unly Supporter

My mistake, just put SoZ text back in Classical and it works.

10. 4CV

4CV Warlord

I'll continue the game and see how it works. Btw, I'd like to know where those tooltips can be found. Because legion's description needs a change as well.

11. ryanmusante

ryanmusante Regular Supporter

Which thread is the ICV hotpatch from?

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
  12. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

Reuploaded mod with policy cost fixes for 'mids and zeusy, not sure why last night's didn't work. Should fix both.

G

vyyt, JamesNinelives and ryanmusante like this.
  13. Guynemer

Guynemer Prince

this looks very exciting, going to completely shake up my usual early game plan. I'll dig into it once the kitten finally falls asleep.

JamesNinelives and LifeOfBrian like this.
  14. 4CV

4CV Warlord

:thumbsup:You're right, SoZ works like intended after putting that line back into Classical! But how can that be? I thought those "--Era" lines were only commentary...:confused:.

Anyway, no time to loose, there's another Roman Empire to conquer...

:thanx:

15. andersw

andersw King

Am i right in that Inca skirmishers also struggles in hills? seems a bit like it.
    Still fighting inca with no skirmishers in hills is ... a struggle.
    Had one AI keel over to barbarians on King raging barbs, ie barbs were half surrounding his cap and took down the city to zero, I managed to sneak in and "leverage the advantage".
    Does skirmishers gain any benefits from Kilimanjaro?

16. myles718

myles718 Chieftain

CTD on start up. Cleared cache and mod data user
    Have tried 4 times
    Loaded previous version. same mods and set up No problems

17. Deljade

Deljade Chieftain

I don't like some of the tech changes on thematic basis..
    Unfortunately I don't have enough time to play at this moment but I'll be following the feedback, hopefully some compromise can be reached

18. 4CV

4CV Warlord

I just loaded the new version again and reinstalled.This reverted the changes in WonderCultureCosts back to Pyramids (2) and SoZ (4). :confused:

19. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

Worked fine for me.

G

20. TadhgEomonn

TadhgEomonn Chieftain

Just downloaded and installed latest version 8-31. Excerpt from WonderCultureCosts.sql:
    Code:
    -- Clasical
    UPDATE Buildings SET NumPoliciesNeeded = '5' WHERE Type = 'BUILDING_ANGKOR_WAT' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_BUILDINGS' AND Value= 1 );
    UPDATE Buildings SET NumPoliciesNeeded = '5' WHERE Type = 'BUILDING_GREAT_WALL' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_BUILDINGS' AND Value= 1 );
    UPDATE Buildings SET NumPoliciesNeeded = '5' WHERE Type = 'BUILDING_ORACLE' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_BUILDINGS' AND Value= 1 );
    UPDATE Buildings SET NumPoliciesNeeded = '5' WHERE Type = 'BUILDING_COLOSSUS' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_BUILDINGS' AND Value= 1 );
    UPDATE Buildings SET NumPoliciesNeeded = '5' WHERE Type = 'BUILDING_PARTHENON' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_BUILDINGS' AND Value= 1 );
    UPDATE Buildings SET NumPoliciesNeeded = '4' WHERE Type = 'BUILDING_GREAT_LIGHTHOUSE' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_BUILDINGS' AND Value= 1 );
    UPDATE Buildings SET NumPoliciesNeeded = '4' WHERE Type = 'BUILDING_GREAT_LIBRARY' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_BUILDINGS' AND Value= 1 );
    UPDATE Buildings SET NumPoliciesNeeded = '4' WHERE Type = 'BUILDING_HANGING_GARDEN' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_BUILDINGS' AND Value= 1 );
    UPDATE Buildings SET NumPoliciesNeeded = '4' WHERE Type = 'BUILDING_TERRACOTTA_ARMY' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_BUILDINGS' AND Value= 1 );
    UPDATE Buildings SET NumPoliciesNeeded = '4' WHERE Type = 'BUILDING_STATUE_ZEUS' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_BUILDINGS' AND Value= 1 );
    -- Ancient
    UPDATE Buildings SET NumPoliciesNeeded = '2' WHERE Type = 'BUILDING_PYRAMID' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_BUILDINGS' AND Value= 1 );
    This looks like the Policy cost is not updated.