New Beta Version - August 31st (8/31)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Installed the 31.1 .
Won a rough classic era war vs authority America, he played well for AI and far better than America usually does (progress America is more common as far as I recall).
What difficulty are you playing on? Do you typically stay on that level? Are you using any gameplay changing mods? Just curious.

What difficulty are you playing on? Do you typically stay on that level?

King, I've won a few on emperor which I switch to if king gets too easy and then swap back to king on a new patch.
I dont challenge myself to the fullest but ... I dont want extreme difficulty.

The wars get a lot more grindy on emperor already (well can depend on AI and what patch ofc).
I don't like the free worker on emperor, leads to a lot of cheese play that revolves around grabbing AI worker and those who don't lose their worker have a huge early game buff.
I saw someone posting on how to disable the free worker and I feel I should test that.

King, I've won a few on emperor which I switch to if king gets too easy and then swap back to king on a new patch.
I dont challenge myself to the fullest but ... I dont want extreme difficulty.
The wars get a lot more grindy on emperor already (well can depend on AI and what patch ofc).
I don't like the free worker on emperor, leads to a lot of cheese play that revolves around grabbing AI worker and those who don't lose their worker have a huge early game buff.
I saw someone posting on how to disable the free worker and I feel I should test that.
Yes, I agree on that. I am in between King and Emperor most of the time. That was me that posted the information to disable free worker. You can either use the mod CVPO for a permanent solution or use the RAS to do it per-game.

Yes, I agree on that. I am in between King and Emperor most of the time. That was me that posted the information to disable free worker. You can either use the mod CVPO for a permanent solution or use the RAS to do it per-game.

Got to say I surprised myself tho, didnt lose one unit vs America in terrain that was very awkward having me walking around placing siege inbetween two of his citys.
Now backstabbed by Pocatello, or ... well he may have got bribed on me for killing a citystate that was "in the way of my progression".

Completely random question: How many religions is a 12-civ game supposed to have available?

I don't know what in particular is causing the issue, but this new version crashes my game upon loading the map at the start of the game. While I'd normally suspect one of the other mods I use to be the culprit, everything was working perfectly last night before I downloaded the new version. Anyone got any advice?

Nearing industrial, king warmonger in 8-31-1.
No problems with happiness, its dropped a bit but I was only below 50% in my classic era war.
AI use of generals for offensive land grab is cool to see, theres one area with a triple citadel corridor.
Not as cool is Pocatello throwing away navy to ranged units on land, a lot of navy.
I wonder how useful a big navy is when ships cant shoot and move .... my guess is that the AI struggles with it, and I would mostly just use ships to block with.
Note that if you have logistics you can still use the shoot and move swaparoo as long as you just shoot once.
The three "strong" remaining AIs have defensive pact, annoying and probably makes sense.
Egypt is about to get wiped by an AI.

Spoiler :

American corridor between citystate and Korea.
A bit to the west Shoshone landgrab towards citystate.
upload_2019-9-3_2-45-34.png

Can you try manually clearing the cache, Logs, ModUserData folder and re-load?

Tried this and have managed to get the crash rate to around 60%, but my game is still very unstable. Can't reload a map at the start of a game if it turns out to be a dud without it crashing (before it would do it after a dozen or so reloads but it's much more volatile now).

EDIT: Scratch that, it's still more like 80% :\

Last edited:
I don't know what in particular is causing the issue, but this new version crashes my game upon loading the map at the start of the game. While I'd normally suspect one of the other mods I use to be the culprit, everything was working perfectly last night before I downloaded the new version. Anyone got any advice?

That still sounds like a mod conflict to be honest - just one that didn't occur with previous versions. Does this patch run OK without your other mods?

That still sounds like a mod conflict to be honest - just one that didn't occur with previous versions. Does this patch run OK without your other mods?

It runs fine WITH my other mods - when it wants to. I managed to get one game going by pushing through the constant crashes until I got one to work and it works fine, my issue is that it still took me around an hour to even get that far (just starting the game) because it would crash upon clicking the 'begin game' button most of the time. Dunno what the issue is - it works fine when it gets moving but otherwise? Nope.

It runs fine WITH my other mods - when it wants to. I managed to get one game going by pushing through the constant crashes until I got one to work and it works fine, my issue is that it still took me around an hour to even get that far (just starting the game) because it would crash upon clicking the 'begin game' button most of the time. Dunno what the issue is - it works fine when it gets moving but otherwise? Nope.

Yes, but for the sake of diagnosis, could you try running it without your other mods? If you want help we need to be able to identify the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom