New Beta Version - December 1st (12-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazebo

Lord of the Community Patch
Supporter
Hey all,

New version inbound. Light on changes, but not savegame compatible because of memory shenanigans by others.

Code:
General

Bugfixes, performance improvements
Fixes for Diplo AI
Fixes for tactical AI
Adjustments to building AI

Balance

Increased RCS of Slinger, ChuKoNu, and most mounted ranged units
+1 CS for Lancer units
Removed rough terrain penalty from mounted ranged units.

Link: https://mega.nz/#F!2Jdw3aQT!Z49gV7KAyMq6YiG5BD9jaA

Cheers,
G

Last edited:
Hey all,

New version inbound. Light on changes, but not savegame compatible because of memory shenanigans by others.

Hey, those are memory improvements! :)

(Well, at least mine are; in my humble and unbiased opinion, that is)

No mention about oil. So is it a feature that you discover it with Combustion but can't use until Biology ?

@General_Drax https://github.com/LoneGazebo/Community-Patch-DLL/issues/5912

Unrelated to this specific patch, but has bugged me for awhile: is it intended that you can't see the number of a resource in the Monopoly screen until someone has connected one? There have been many times when knowing whether a specific settling would net me a monopoly or not would change my settling decisions, but I haven't connected any of that resource yet. Hovering over the 0% in the Monopoly screen does nothing in that case.

Last edited:
Since there's already a monopoly question above me, I'll throw one in too: since when did the monopoly bonus on hovering the resource disappear, and can it come back? It's really clunky and inelegant design to have to go into the economy screen to see it.

Similarly the "resource yields disappear when turn ticks over" bug wasn't nearly this prominent (just very rarely lategame) before the unit vision change happened. I don't really think it's a good idea to change a mechanic like that if it introduces such a glaring and annoying bug. Experienced players get used to doubletapping Y at the start of every turn to fix it, but it's fairly blatant and tarnishes the polished sheen of quality this mod otherwise has.

what is this? could u explain this expression for non native english humans, please?
Mischieveous/trickery but more silly than naughty.
Could mean dishonest activity but you have to read in the context.
Also used for an unintended prank or unintended action from someone else that cause minor annoying problem for you and you say "I call shenanigans!".

is it intended that you can't see the number of a resource in the Monopoly screen until someone has connected one?
Yes, this was changed quite a while back. I think it makes sense, since you can't realistically know how much of a resource there is if no one has any access to it whatsoever (even though you technically could by revealing the entire map and counting, but that's not realistic even in the scope of this game).
since when did the monopoly bonus on hovering the resource disappear, and can it come back?
If you are seeing something akin to this, please make a post beneath that issue and I'll reopen it. For me this bug disappeared when I restarted the game but if it affects more people it may be worth looking into.

Unrelated to this specific patch, but has bugged me for awhile: is it intended that you can't see the number of a resource in the Monopoly screen until someone has connected one? There have been many times when knowing whether a specific settling would net me a monopoly or not would change my settling decisions, but I haven't connected any of that resource yet. Hovering over the 0% in the Monopoly screen does nothing in that case.

PSA: on turn 0, change the selected player under monopoly tab from ''greatest'' to yourself, then you can hover over the 0% and the total number of resources on map will be revealed. :cooool:

Is anyone else unable to end DoFs? The option isn't showing up at all.

Last edited:
Hi. Thanks for this new version. I take the opportunity to consult about an improvement they had recently made where technology became negative, exceeding the cost of 211,000 and costing only 1 shift to discover it. Now I see that number no longer becomes negative but it still costs 1 turn to discover that technology that exceeded the value of 211,000. Attachment catch in turn 1. Thanks again.

Attachments

• 1 TURN TECH.JPG
    1 TURN TECH.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 254
I think you are speaking of different versions, arent you? Could imagin that Cerk is asking if the hotfix is compatible with the first version of 1st dec

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom