New Beta Version - February 18th (2-18)

Status
Not open for further replies.
On top of that the India-Religion Growth thing seems to be extremely OP at least on lower difficulty. (see attachment)

how do you have 3 natural wonders within 7 tiles of your capital? did you edit the map? with barringer / sri pada / kailash in your first 3 cities it's hardly surprising that the game becomes too easy tbh.

how do you have 3 natural wonders within 7 tiles of your capital? did you edit the map? with barringer / sri pada / kailash in your first 3 cities it's hardly surprising that the game becomes too easy tbh.

This, and also population numbers seem tripled, or at least doubled they should be.

Calcutta with basically 2 deer tiles and most of rest snow, coast, or tundra without forest size 37? Dear God, my capital in most games don't come close.

Rubberbanding is when the AI gets progressively stronger the more they fall behind and/or progressively weaker the more they get ahead.

It's a fair point that with a consistent bonus, weaker AIs benefit more than stronger ones, but it's not rubberbanding; the stronger ones would still receive the same bonus, and it wouldn't be as ridiculous as, say, an 8th place AI vassal receiving huge Production bonuses for being far behind.

Some level of AI catchup is inevitable if you give them all a difficulty bonus, due to the nature of the game.

I think we can give the revised event-based system a shot next version, anyway.
Gazebo had the idea of using the average era for handicap scaling, as I've noticed viewing my logs that the most advanced civ is gaining more than double the yields by handicaps than the losing ones, from the same events. As it turns out, handicaps are scaling based on the era that civ is at the moment, so a civ that has reached a new era before the others gets quite more yields than the rest.
I believe this can bridge the gap.

Partially true. I used Really Advanced setup to place 1 random NW somewhere around my spawn (+ abundant resources). The other 2 NW were pure luck. But the don't explains the extreme city sizes which means a lot of science.

This, and also population numbers seem tripled, or at least doubled they should be.

Calcutta with basically 2 deer tiles and most of rest snow, coast, or tundra without forest size 37? Dear God, my capital in most games don't come close.

Yeah, that's why I say OP: This is due to Indias UA:

Each Follower of your primary Religion in a City increases Religious Pressure and Growth.

Since I was on my own small continent there was only my religion. Hence lots of growth. Deli was huge because of food trade routes. I mostly use trade routes to grow the capital.
Calcutta as far as I remember also had 1 fish and 2 towns but yeah the size is mostly due to the UA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom