New Beta Version - January 14th (1-14)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like the AI is still doing some weird vasselage (vasselage was done before I met them, but there is no captured city, so its obvios, it was peaceful).
PS: Authority/Artistry looks a bit weird combination on Netherlands. :crazyeye:

Looks like the AI is still doing some weird vasselage (vasselage was done before I met them, but there is no captured city, so its obvios, it was peaceful).
PS: Authority/Artistry looks a bit weird combination on Netherlands. :crazyeye:

For future reference, any post that mentions strange policy or belief selection without posting the policyAI or ReligionAI logs will be purged with fire. Sweet sweet fire.

G

Is it normal for AI to have plenty of troops with 4-5 promotions when we are alone on a continent and we didn't have war? Cause carthage declared war on me with some canons with splash and 2 times wounded damage + city damage. Emperor dificulty

Is it normal for AI to have plenty of troops with 4-5 promotions when we are alone on a continent and we didn't have war? Cause carthage declared war on me with some canons with splash and 2 times wounded damage + city damage. Emperor dificulty
AI gets bonus XP on building units and when fighting. Without it they would be even worse at war.

Yeah I understand but caught me off guard to be hit by 6 cannons with splash :p. The authority bots with lots of promotions are a pain in the ass to deal with. Is the AI penalized as well when he buys troops?(less XP i mean)

Here it is:

Spoiler :

All have base cost of 200 :c5faith:

Cathedral
+2 :c5gold:
+2 :c5faith:
Reduces :c5unhappy: Poverty by 10%
25% Religious Pressure and 10% Resistance to conversion.
Great Work of Art slot
Nearby farms, pastures, and quarries generate +1 :c5gold:

Church
+4 :c5faith:
Reduces :c5unhappy: Boredom by 10%
50% Religious Pressure and 10% Resistance to conversion
Great Work of Music slot
Boosts starting religious strength of missionaries by 5% (max 50% total)

Mandir
+2 :c5food:
+10% :c5food:
+3 :c5faith:
Reduces :c5unhappy: Poverty by 10%
Great Work of Music slot
Spies cannot unit disrupt unit production :c5production: or assassinate :c5greatperson: GP

Stupa
+2 :c5goldenage:
+4 :tourism:
Reduces :c5unhappy: Illiteracy by 10%
25% Religious Pressure and 10% Resistance to conversion

Mosque
+2 :c5science:
Reduces :c5unhappy: Illiteracy by 10%
Great Work of Literature
+20% :c5culture: in cities during :c5goldenage: Golden Ages

Order
+10 :c5strength:, +50 HP
Reduces :c5unhappy: Crime by 10%
+15 XP and Morale promotion to Military Units trained in this city.

Pagoda
+1 to all yields for every religion with a follower in this city
Reduces :c5unhappy: Boredom by 10%
Great Work of Art

Synagogue
+3 :c5production:
Reduces :c5unhappy: Crime by 10%
Great Work of Literature
+15% :c5science: in the city during WLTKD

Monastery
+3 :c5food:
+3 :c5science:

Don't know if this has already been noticed, and if this is the right place where I should report the problem, but mausoleum of halicarnassus seems bugged... I have a worked source of stone in the city where it is built but i don't get the 2 bonus gold, and I have already used a couple of great persons but haven't got the 100 gold bonus...

For future reference, any post that mentions strange policy or belief selection without posting the policyAI or ReligionAI logs will be purged with fire. Sweet sweet fire.

G
The sentence about policy pick was only a side note. I thought the strange peaceful vasselage was fixed?
I know someone was mentioning how I can made/look into that logs, but I dont know where it was or how to do it. :)
Don't know if this has already been noticed, and if this is the right place where I should report the problem, but mausoleum of halicarnassus seems bugged... I have a worked source of stone in the city where it is built but i don't get the 2 bonus gold, and I have already used a couple of great persons but haven't got the 100 gold bonus...
Do you use the actual version? The effect of the wonder was changed and gives now additional benefits for the "We love the king day". And you get a free stone works, but stone works gives +2 hammer, not gold.

Last edited:
The sentence about policy pick was only a side note. I thought the strange peaceful vasselage was fixed?
I know someone was mentioning how I can made/look into that logs, but I dont know where it was or how to do it. :)

If only there was a way to search the internet for instructions on logging. Someone should work on that.

Anyways, there's nothing wrong with the Dutch being vassalized there - if he's not going for conquest, and he wants a perma-ally, he'll ask for it.

G

If only there was a way to search the internet for instructions on logging. Someone should work on that.

Anyways, there's nothing wrong with the Dutch being vassalized there - if he's not going for conquest, and he wants a perma-ally, he'll ask for it.

G

If a reasonably powerful civ decides to perma-ally (which is what this level of vassalage should actually be), then does the vassal strike a deal that doesn't give the Master nearly the amount of benefits that a master might get out of, say, a wartime capitulation?

If a reasonably powerful civ decides to perma-ally (which is what this level of vassalage should actually be), then does the vassal strike a deal that doesn't give the Master nearly the amount of benefits that a master might get out of, say, a wartime capitulation?

Usually (and you can check the logs for this to see), the vassal will come in at the lowest possible taxation - if the AI raises the taxes _at all_ the other civ immediately declares war on the master. As such, the cost of the perma-alliance is pretty minimal for the lesser party.

G

Usually (and you can check the logs for this to see), the vassal will come in at the lowest possible taxation - if the AI raises the taxes _at all_ the other civ immediately declares war on the master. As such, the cost of the perma-alliance is pretty minimal for the lesser party.

G

Thanks -- that answers my doubts about the fairness of the process. It's easy to see why both AI would do it, so even though humans aren't approached at the same rate, it's an interesting and reasonable price of doing business, especially at higher levels.

Thanks -- that answers my doubts about the fairness of the process. It's easy to see why both AI would do it, so even though humans aren't approached at the same rate, it's an interesting and reasonable price of doing business, especially at higher levels.

Unless you have human vassalage enabled, it'll never happen to humans.

G

Unless you have human vassalage enabled, it'll never happen to humans.

G
But does the AI ever become a voluntary vassal to a human?

G

Hey, Carthage seems to have opened with a Blue-Black Discard Deck instead of Progress and that feels wrong?

I'm attaching logs.

Hey, Carthage seems to have opened with a Blue-Black Discard Deck instead of Progress and that feels wrong?

I'm attaching logs.
Carthage does tend to favor blue black, since she has a lot of pirate synergies. Sounds about right to me.

How do you people honestly play domination games? I was stomping with Zulu and had 3 capitals, but the unhappiness just ends up being insurmountable. By 1800AD I had purged my continent of 3 neighbors and had sealed it off with 18 cities, 11 of which were puppets. I have garrisons and good infrastructure in my non puppet cities, but the puppets just take too long to produce buildings and expand their borders, even after having all their surrounding tiles improved. I understand warmongers deal with more unhappiness overall in general, but it adds up quick and then leads to snowballing bad events. I think it's a problem if the backbone of most domination civs is to plow through people, yet I have to actually avoid doing that. Like should I just not capture any cities except capitals or something (that's whack)? I was first in score by a good margin, but after dealing with repetitively chained negative events and rebels leading toward me hovering around -40/-50 unhappiness for what honestly seemed like 100 turns with no end in sight despite my best effort, I'd had enough and couldn't even finish the game.

I understand that the AI will want to come at me because I'm trying to take over the world and that's cool, but I can't focus on anything else except the 100 tonne unhappiness snowball of doom. IMO on top of the fact that a warmonger game will take twice as long, it's just not easy to justify playing domination with the current unhappiness and puppet situation the way it is. I can almost guarantee that I'd have an easier time winning a cultural victory in the game I just played, in half the time, even as Zulu...This prior game will forever make me disable events. It's a shame because I actually enjoyed the event system, but if your in the red it just piles on and is unforgiving in allowing you to address the initial unhappiness problems in the first place.

Just curious, how many tests were done where the AI actually wins in domination?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom