1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

New Beta Version - January 21st (1-21)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch

Hey all,

New beta inbound. If all goes well, this will become the next official non-beta.

Online as of 11:45pm EST. Not savegame compatible.

Link: https://mega.nz/#!zcMkBZqA!Lx-8IB07Uj0ExcRBaCuHf2kSxKQ2TABSXFxtDdtwXX4

I should note that this patch, barring small tweaks to numbers, marks a freeze on Civ UA/UU/UB/UI functionality in addition to all other frozen systems. I'm also happy with Trade Routes, so I'm freezing that as well. Pretty much all that's left is micro-level balance.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  2. Txurce

Txurce Chieftain

You hit three areas that I've had in mind: capital warmonger hit, nerfing Freedom a bit, and happiness. The entire Warmonger adjustment sounds like a major step forward. I'm really looking forward to playing with this.

Gokudo01, glider1 and Moochamoola like this.
  3. Moochamoola

Moochamoola Chieftain

I like it! 2 things that really stand out to me as a natural wide player is 1. happiness will be easier to control with 2 buildings that give +1 happiness each (never really prioritized the zoo, now I might) 2. progress policy selection path will probably change to picking worker first, completing left side, then finishing right side. This will mean progress will have access to slightly earlier culture on early buildings and will be able to expand more earlier at the cost of getting that valuable 2g/p one policy later. Gonna have to make sure you have good production in the first ring/settle on forests on early secondary cities though. Great job on all of the work as always G.

4. Ziad

Ziad Chieftain

K time to figure out which ones! :p

Edit: Just did a test run and it was literally all of the ones reported.

I'll elaborate for those who weren't in the loop.

• WLTKD now scales with gamespeed.
    • GA now scales properly with gamespeed.
    • Happiness bonus due to gamespeed reduced.
    • Authority culture from camp clear now scales with gamespeed.
    Thanks @Gazebo and everyone else involved for continuing to fix the vanilla mess! :p

Erikose, thunderbird_14 and glider1 like this.
  5. ElliotS

ElliotS Warlord

Another awesome patch! Looking forward to trying it!

6. SpankmyMetroid

SpankmyMetroid Chieftain

So how would the war fervor mechanic work for the player fighting a defensive war against an AI? Is ‘warmonger value’ a different variable than the warmonger score used as a diplo modifier?

7. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch

Humans accumulate warmonger the same as the AI, it's just that the 'shadow AI' diplomacy AI for the human player doesn't act on it. So if a civ has been acting naughty and taking cities, the AI will have warmonger in the shadow AI's eyes for the human.

G

8. ryanmusante

ryanmusante Chieftain

I breathe for Gazebo.

Ziad likes this.
  9. Gamewizard

Gamewizard Chieftain

Pats win AFC Title, again, AND a new version of VP to try...I think I may be spoiled today.

Moochamoola likes this.
  10. BiteInTheMark

BiteInTheMark Chieftain

Nice to see some of my suggestion in this list. :)
    Unbelievable how strong VP changed a lot in the last 2 month. Its so hard trying to finish previos games with this changelogs.
    I think this version is a great step forward towards balance.
    I like all changes except the increased unhappines by city size, cause i like big cities, but iam open to test it.
    And, the -5% to unhappiness by poverty/... by progress, did you think about the option to set it to -5% threshold for poverty/...?

11. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch

The name just doesn't sound as enticing as "Resistance" and doesn't have that Viva La Resistance. :(

X_BriX, Erikose and IcyAngel like this.
  12. CrazyG

CrazyG Warlord

Progress seems like you always want to take equality last, I hope the AI considers this.

Do things like -5% poverty stack additively?

"Caps at 75% bonus (whoo-wee)"
    The idea of my unit facing a 75% penalty on my territory, but no penalty of off it is hilarious.

13. catalin72

catalin72 Chieftain

Installed now,but I don't see 'additional informations' icon,is a function or a letter for it?

14. LukaSlovenia29

LukaSlovenia29 Chieftain

"and now only works in your own territory (i.e. defensive battles)"

I thought resistance would not apply in your own territory, but outside it? So that when you're invading yet another country, it works against you, but it doesn't hamper your own defensive wars?

ElliotS likes this.
  15. Paramecium

Paramecium Chieftain

Hm, it sounds like a little nerf to Progress again for me. My to go way was always Opener -> free worker -> city bonus yields. Now I have to decide if I open the right side for the worker first and go left or just go straight the left side. The changes with the gone culture need reduction for future policies and the new lowered unhappiness threshold, I cant yet say how it will work out.

Am I right if I remember correctly, that now only those very late wonders like Eiffel Tower give a policy reduction? I now it was mentioned already somewhere, but how about to give the oracle that policy reduction. It would make it at least more attractive to even capture the city which built it, those wonders which give mostly instant stuff are always less appealing to capture compared to others ...

But yeah, first playing, then complaining, I will write again if it happened ... ;)

16. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Chieftain

I think you have a bonus AGAINST warmonger in your own territory. So it lead to the result you described: you only have defensive bonus and offensive penalties, not the reverse.

vyyt, Txurce and ElliotS like this.
  17. LukaSlovenia29

LukaSlovenia29 Chieftain

Ah, that makes sense, Moi Magnus, thanks for the explanation.

The new version looks great!

18. BiteInTheMark

BiteInTheMark Chieftain

It isnt the treshold. Only the pure happiness reduced. This feels kinda underwhelming. Imagine if you have 40 crippling unhappiness by poverty/.... (Never really get that high values) you only would get 2 happiness out of it. And if your doing good, most cities above average, this policy would have ZERO effect.
    If it stays like this, this is a major nerf.

Bromar1 likes this.
  19. LukaSlovenia29

LukaSlovenia29 Chieftain

I also thought it was a threshold reduction. Hmm, that could be a big nerf if it only reduced pure unhappiness and not the thresholds.

Bromar1 likes this.
  20. Ziad

Ziad Chieftain

How is it a huge nerf? It's the same effect, just directly applied to the unhappiness rather than the threshold.