New Beta Version - July 15th (7/15)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Jul 16, 2018.

1. CppMaster

CppMaster Emperor

Ok, if WLTKD is powerful enough that gold increase from bulbing would make GM OP then I'm fine with current state.

2. JimBobRedneck

JimBobRedneck Chieftain

Border growth seems to be a little odd to me at the moment, unless I'm completely wrong about how it should work.

Belgrade, in the bottom right, has expanded to the third ring when there are plenty of, what appear to be, equivalent tiles in the second ring. I haven't revealed iron yet, so maybe there's some there, which I could understand prioritizing. This one's a little strange (and mildly annoying) to me, but not too bad. Edit: Nope, no iron present.

Vatican City's growth, in the upper middle, seems completely wrong though - a 100% direct path to a 4th ring resource. I thought city states couldn't expand to the 4th ring, let alone beeline for it. Am I wrong? Anyone else seeing odd border growth?

Screenshot (4).png

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
    Gokudo01 and pineappledan like this.
  3. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

Not direct. Silver is a good tile. Lake was the best option after silver. And furs is just good to claim, even if not worked on.

4. lordrune

lordrune Prince

Maybe the CS is reaching for the salt in an algorithim quirk, it won't get it of course. All the other tiles are equal. Vatican City was getting the lake, which would have been the best tile available.
    I don't see too much of a problem here.

5. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

Wltkd can be good with the right buildings and policies, and with a happiness excess. But not always, so I think too that the gold scaling should be better than now.

6. StevenV

StevenV Chieftain

wow, I've never experienced soo balanced late-game. I mean 3-5 civ is so close to each other, at least in points. :love:
    Is it because they have room to expand due to the tectonic map script?

7. kawyua

kawyua Warlord

holy **** what is with barbarians self nuking to my city with humongous plundering amounts....

8. CppMaster

CppMaster Emperor

Isn't it barbarian horde from a CS quest?

9. chicorbeef

chicorbeef Emperor

I think kawyua is talking about the barbarian bug.

10. John.B.C

John.B.C Prince

Yeah this game was really hair-raising and a very close call. In late eras I kept asking myself: Was Korea going to win. They were tech leaders for a long while until the Netherlands surprisingly and suddenly surpassed them with good measure. Were the Americans going to win. They were the tourism leaders for a long time 8/9 influential. Egypt did really well too and was a real contester.
    I'm not using Tectonic map script. I've been playing Continents for a long while now. I like it alot since it from time to time creates some interesting maps which are very fun to explore.

I really wish someone would convert JFD's Exploration Continued Expanded to VP. That would be a dream come true [request ;)]. Exploration is one of the parts I enjoy the most about Civ 5 and I always look for an opportunity to use pioneers. I've never had the chance to use a colonist, but once or twice.

upload_2018-7-20_12-2-50.png

Just look at some of the beautiful resources it would add. Please look all you modders and be amazed!

bigcat88 and StevenV like this.
  11. peterw1987

peterw1987 Prince

This is really game breaking. I stop playing at this moment because of this. Perhaps I should stick with earlier version.

12. HungryForFood

HungryForFood Prince

Actually, I did make a VP version with just the resources. I'll put it up after touching it up a bit. :)

Erikose, Asterix Rage, JNZS13 and 2 others like this.
  13. Chandler

Chandler Warlord

Personally, I've always wanted to see the the Stone bonus resource split into two bonus resources for quarries: Limestone (with :c5production: on improvement, as it currently works with Stone) and Clay (with :c5food: and :c5gold:); as well as Granite as another luxury resource for quarries, along with Marble. However, I've no idea about how to do that, so I have to accept the way it works right now ^^u

John.B.C likes this.
  14. LukaSlovenia29

LukaSlovenia29 Emperor

Any news on the Barbarian bug and any prognosis whether a potential fix will be savegame compatible? Does anyone have any idea how to fix it short of turning off barbarians?

15. grmagne

grmagne Warlord

I've noticed that once you build walls & have a strong garrison, the barbarian damage drops dramatically. So maybe one solution until the bug-fix is to increase the number of turns before the barbarians are allowed to enter your territory. I forget which variable name it is, but it's set to something to like "25" and if you double that the barbarians won't be able to invade until turn 50.

LukaSlovenia29 likes this.
  16. LukaSlovenia29

LukaSlovenia29 Emperor

That sounds like a good idea, thanks!

17. Tekamthi

Tekamthi Prince

does this mean all naval ranged units now 1 range?

18. John.B.C

John.B.C Prince

No cruiser and onwards are range "2".

19. BiteInTheMark

BiteInTheMark Deity

Didnt knew this is even possible.....

20. ElliotS

ElliotS Warmonger

Ba-da-bu-bah that's how the barbarians work!

BiteInTheMark likes this.