1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Beta Version - November 25th (11/25)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Rosaria's Sandwiches

Rosaria's Sandwiches Chieftain

AFAIK: Makes the AI not too friendly (or spam DoF) and fixes tech cost scaling on non-Standard gamespeed.

randomnub likes this.
  2. randomnub

randomnub Prince

Thanks. Standard ftw, and I'm at war vs everybody already :lol:

3. randomnub

randomnub Prince

Is there a general consensus about this? I didn't roll China since they lost culture on the mandate on heaven, now food is more important but UA+UB mean... 1:c5culture:, 5-6 +10% :c5food: and 5-10 +10% :c5gold: per city for most of the game I guess (assuming decent expansion/population) if not going for domination for which China lacks specific tools. It's alright I guess, but no science/culture/faith from the kit looks underwhelming. That's all guts feeling so if anybody rolled China recently please comment comparing to another civ in a similar setup.

Anyway I'd like to see Cho rcs restored (19->20) and gold maintenance from Paper Maker removed, mostly for consistency (similar to Satrap's Court, an UB that grants gold loses maintenance over the vanilla version).

4. ShadedSkies

ShadedSkies Chieftain

I almost never use Chu-Ko-Nos for anything other than convenience because by the time I have the option to go down the tree and start conquering stuff, I'm already winning so hard that I don't need to. China rewards quick expansion which is what you should be doing regardless, and all the extra food negates the population loss while also setting you up for a truly horrifying tradition capital. For sure a defensive unit suits them better than a unit that cost no resources and does defense, offense, siege and probably also naval combat better than anything else that era and continues to be better than everything else until bombers appear.

5. azum4roll

azum4roll Emperor

There's still one UU that starts with Logistics. Maybe we should give Ship of the Line another promotion too?

6. Coffee Monopoly

Coffee Monopoly Warlord

New game, Epic, Immortal, Large/10 players, Fractal, playing as Kim Sejong Un (not to be confused with @Kim Dong Un).

Aaaand my least favourite bug still seems to be happening. Harald declared on me turn 94, and so far he hasn't even moved his army in my direction (they were in the same spot when he declared). His pathfinder was all up in my face for a couple turns so scouting can't be the problem. @ilteroi
    Spoiler :
    reveal all for screenshot
    upload_2019-11-26_11-1-14.png

Edit: Wow, what a timing. Just a few turns later they started moving into view of my archer. Guess I spoke too soon. Still stands to question what he was doing the previous 15 turns.

I like the new Pyramids btw, built them this game and the synergy with Korea is obvious. Maybe you can spot them near Seoul.

:nono::shifty::smoke:

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
    Kim Dong Un, JamesNinelives and vyyt like this.
  7. Dolen2

Dolen2 Chieftain

I'd love to hear more reports on this, because war had been always my favorite part of VP :)

vyyt likes this.
  8. Coffee Monopoly

Coffee Monopoly Warlord

Actually, seems like that's fixed. Just seems like sometimes they take a few turns after declaring before they move their troops. That time was pretty bad because I was an easy target and he wasted valuable time, and then he peaced out very quickly too after losing just 1 unit. Now he's declared on me again and after a few turns (quicker than last time) showed up with a good army. When he declared I was still really weak militarily but now my military production is finally gearing up. Let's see how he likes my swordsmen and elephants.

On the other side of the world I scouted that Askia had conquered a Persian city very early on (as far as I can tell). So far, looks like the AI is much more willing to war and capable of conquest than in the previous beta. Looks good!

JamesNinelives likes this.
  9. General_Drax

General_Drax Warlord

Playing as Isabel vs Askia. I think he is a Warmonger Warlord and with pineappledan tweaks (he gets 2 UU in Medieval) it's a psycho raging cannonball.

10. Coffee Monopoly

Coffee Monopoly Warlord

Yes, Askia is a warmonger. He's doing great in my game, currently in another war with Persia and already at 20 war score again. He also has the same score as me, and we're quite a bit ahead of the other 3 I've found, in the middle of the Classical Era.

11. Recursive

Recursive Covets Lands That You Currently Own Moderator

Also fixed a couple issues, but they're pretty minor:
    Code:
    Bugfixes

Fixed map trading text bug

Diplo penalty for plundering trade routes while not at war should now be applied correctly (should now apply to the destination civilization too, as the tooltip indicates; shows up as "You were caught stealing.")

Fixed AI-only diplo penalty for being caught plotting against other AIs (an opinion penalty is applied with the target AI if the player is caught by the target AI's spies "plotting against them",
    or intrigue is shared to reveal it)

Fixed a diplo penalty for lowering AI's CS Influence in a coup; this was here for a long time but not being applied correctly due to poor coding - also added a new text key for it

Finally fixed AI archaeologists not respecting promises to stop digging up artifacts - don't ask
    me why Firaxis decided to use two separate memory values for the same thing

Text fixes

@Coffee Monopoly If military bugs persist, please report this on Github. The problem's been improved but ilteroi is still looking into it.

Kim Dong Un and JamesNinelives like this.
  12. Recursive

While fixing the trade route issue, I discovered a cool undocumented component of Morocco's UA; if you plunder a trade route and the trade route owner does not have visibility of the plot, they will be told that it was plundered by Barbarians, and you will not receive diplomacy penalties for stealing.

I fixed this to apply to the destination civilization as well.

13. Coffee Monopoly

Coffee Monopoly Warlord

As for DoF spam: 166 turns in, there hasn't been a single DoF, between anyone I've met. Maybe you overdid it.

Edit: <snip>, are my words a curse or something? Again, the next few turns I immediately got 2 DoFs offered. Maybe I should complain more.

Why does it have to be on github?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2021
    JamesNinelives, vyyt and Recursive like this.
  14. Coffee Monopoly

Coffee Monopoly Warlord

Alright, here's a potential problem. Why is my border growth avoiding sheep tiles like the plague?
    Spoiler :
    upload_2019-11-26_13-49-6.png
    upload_2019-11-26_13-49-24.png

15. Recursive

It's so hard to find a happy medium. :) But I only made a small tweak, so I'll await more feedback on this.

Edit: Heh!

Posting issues on Github ensures that the dev team will see it and it won't fall through the cracks.

The other tiles are closer, and therefore have a lower Culture cost.

16. randomnub

randomnub Prince

In my experience borders expand naturally toward (rough priority) natural wonders, luxuries, flat land if there's no river crossing, leftover tiles in 2nd ring, flat land after a river crossing, hills, 3rd ring, sea/mountains. Those sheep tiles are just low priority, the pc doesn't know you picked the pasture pantheon. :hammer:

17. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Emperor

First one: Roads have higher priority than bonus resources, so unless other factors intervenes, a road tile will always be preferred to a bonus resource tile.
    Second one: City distance has higher priority than bonus resources, so unless other factors intervenes, the city will prefer nearby tiles to bonus resources one tile farther.

18. JamesNinelives

JamesNinelives Emperor

You beat me to it ^^.

Edit: although now that I think about I do wonder if that's optimal.

19. General_Drax

General_Drax Warlord

Beware AI got tricky ! In my other (lost) game where me as Spain and still Songhai. We were DoW each other like mad but out of the blue he managed to pull out a Knight rush. Avoided my weak right flank, dodged ZoC (!!) of one of my city and pillaged anything he could. Retired there.

It was amazing. In this game I'm playing a lot more on defense until gunpowder.

vyyt and JamesNinelives like this.
  20. Coffee Monopoly

Coffee Monopoly Warlord

So from what I gather, border growth hates sheeps because it hates hills, loves roads, and doesn't prioritise bonus resources much. And sheep are the only bonus resource that likes to spawn on hills. Distance doesn't even bite because that sheep tile in the first screen is the same distance as those useless road tiles. Seems weird that it doesn't consider the actual yields that much, or rather that it avoids hills and prefers roads in the first place. Can that be adjusted?
    Definitely not optimal. Should be fixed if possible.

I had to spend money on all those sheep tiles, which wasn't a problem since I'm virtually drowning in cash, thanks to the pasture pantheon. Seems like that pantheon is really strong in my experience, both times I've picked it so far I've gotten incredible yields from it. Maybe it could use losing one gold on the pastures (+2 instead of +3). When you have a plains area you're usually swimming in livestock tiles, so when that pantheon is an option it's just a no-brainer. I'm not sure I've seen the AI ever get it btw. I'd say this pantheon outclasses all other improvement-dependent pantheons by a mile.

vyyt likes this.