Gazebo

Lord of the Community Patch
Supporter
Hey all,

New beta version inbound.

General
  • Bugfixes and performance improvements
  • AI improvements to belief selection, particularly pantheon selection
  • AI improvements to religious decision-making for spreading and maintaining their faith
Balance
  • Religion
    • When you change your official religion (usually through conquering a holy city), your faith is reset to zero.
  • Promotions
    • Boarding Party I: +15%CS. Inflicts Boarded(I) status on enemies during melee combat, reducing movement by 1.
    • Boarding Party II: +15%CS. Makes unit immune to Boarded status.
    • Boarding Party III: +15%CS. Inflicts Boarded(I) status on enemies during melee combat, reducing movement by 2.
    • Minelayer (available at Combustion and with Boarding Party II)- -10% Ranged Defense; -2 Movement for units that start turn in unit's ZOC (unless immune to ZOC).
    • Indomitable: now +25% CS when defending, immunity to Boarded status (removed bonus HP)
    • UI - moved AA/Interception data to top of enemy unit panel to avoid clipping
    • Status for 'inflicted' promotions (like Boarding Party) listed in enemy unit panel (in testing)
  • Difficulties
    • Removed Growth bonuses for AI
    • Adjusted base handicap values for A/B/C values to (100, 175, 325), was (80, 150, 300)
  • Leader
    • Rome: now captures all buildings, free and real, including national wonders, etc. (does not capture palaces)
  • Happiness
    • War Weariness
      • Now takes into calculation the damage dealt to the enemy, including captured cities, during a conflict. Is weighted at roughly 50% of your own damage.
    • Tweaked values slightly to increase 'curve' and potency of unhappiness late-game
    • New method for managing happiness for cities- global medians are now stored as static values for cities - these values do not update until the city grows
    • This means that cities should not greatly increase their unhappiness prior to growth, and that players can prepare for unhappiness spikes much more easily
    • On-turn unhappiness should be far less erratic, and timed to city growth
    • UI adjusted to provide information on this - hovering over growth or happiness will show you the predicted unhappiness increase for the city the next time it grows
  • Beliefs
    • Followers:
    • Adjusted yield rates on per-follower beliefs
      • Gold: 1:1;cap 15
      • Food: 1:1; cap 15
      • Science: 1:2, cap 15
      • Faith: 1:3, cap 10
      • Culture: 1:3; cap 10
      • Production: 1:2, cap 15
      • Each has a minimum of 1.
    • Pantheons
      • God of all Creation: grants Capital +1 culture, but removed scaling culture from pantheons

Link : https://mega.nz/#F!iMNVEISb!gW3aPq-MQ-kibL0lFxrw-w

Not savegame compatible.

Cheers,
G

Last edited:
Looks pretty darn solid, very interested to try. My only complaint is this:

Production is flat out better than science, its cap should be lower. Faith also looks pretty darn weak at those numbers, by the time you are actually generating any faith, your already past the point were you really need the faith.

Looks pretty darn solid, very interested to try. My only complaint is this:

Production is flat out better than science, its cap should be lower. Faith also looks pretty darn weak at those numbers, by the time you are actually generating any faith, your already past the point were you really need the faith.

I should note that there’s a minimum of 1 for each, so you’re guaranteed 1 under 3 followers. Etc.

G

This looks really awesome. Question though, if Rome captures a National Wonder that he’s already built, do you just get two of them in your empire?

This looks really awesome. Question though, if Rome captures a National Wonder that he’s already built, do you just get two of them in your empire?
I'd like to know the answer to that too... Sounds interesting, but getting 2+ cities with ironworks in them, or multiple Oxford Universities (75 culture in city every time a tech is researched) could cause some problems for balance.

I dunno.

I wonder how would Rome conflict with dummy buildings... and event-based buildings... and other civ's unique buildings/national wonders that aren't in the original game...

Last edited:
I'd like to know the answer to that too... Sounds interesting, but getting 2+ cities with ironworks in them, or multiple Oxford Universities (75 culture in city every time a tech is researched) could cause some problems for balance.

I dunno.
Haha we asked him if it was possible to capture all buildings, and he did say it’s all or none (what it was before), without lots of niche coding, so here’s what we got! All!

In short: yes.

You wanted it all. You get it all.

IF we see some aberrant (i.e. not OP, but definitely 'buggy') problems, we can drill down somewhat, however I don't intend to create an insane filter for things.

G

In short: yes.

You wanted it all. You get it all.

IF we see some aberrant (i.e. not OP, but definitely 'buggy') problems, we can drill down somewhat, however I don't intend to create an insane filter for things.

G

Multiple grand temples? Grab a few and suddenly your temples are megachurches. Sounds fun!

The only thing I'm afraid of is that Rome human players can abuse this by capturing multiple good national wonders(capturing a city with the national wonder, then declaring peace and brokering war again once the said national wonder re-appears in the ai's cities)

Was Rome underpowered before?
People believed that Rome couldn't capture all of the UBs which made its UA kinda underwhelming versus those civs with the UB.

The only thing I'm afraid of is that Rome human players can abuse this by capturing multiple good national wonders(capturing a city with the national wonder, then declaring peace and brokering war again once the said national wonder re-appears in the

Don’t they mostly offer per-city advantages? I don’t see a problem with multiple cities having better GP generation or science during golden ages. The only two I can think of that have the possibilty to stack unreasonably on a large empire is the grand temple and circus maximus, maybe east india if played correctly.
Edit: The guilds could give stack a large amount of gold too.

Playing tradition rome and getting an extra happy per captured NW? That could be an... interesting strat.

And yeah, as @Enginseer pointed out, this will pose a serious problem for any modmods which use dummy buildings. He beat me to the punch.

G, regarding a not-too-complicated filter, would it be possible to have Rome capture all buildings which are NukeImmune = FALSE, and whose wondersplashscreen = NULL? That would filter out all national wonders, all dummy buildings, and military base. The wondersplash exception would make sure that world wonders are retained in the city.

So that's just 1 filter with 1 exception. not horrible, right? I doubt people would miss the military base; it couldn't be kept in the old version anyways, and I think most people only really care about stealing the uniques

Last edited:
Wow! I'm amazed with amount of great changes! Good Job!
My only concern is with Rome capturing national wonders, that may be OP.
And again I want to appreciate this:
General
  • Bugfixes and performance improvements

What makes you say production is flat out better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom