1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Beta Version - October 19th (10-19b)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

Hey all,
    New beta version inbound. Yes, yes, Civ 6 is coming, but that doesn't mean Civ 5 is going anywhere!

That said...all things must come to an end! This has nothing to do with Civ 6 coming out (though the timing is convenient), but rather a desire to move on to bigger and better things. The core team and I have finished all of the things on our to-do list, meaning that we're now in the clean-up phase. Fixing smaller bugs as they appear, balance tweaks here or there, but otherwise, all game systems, mechanics, additions, and whatnot are frozen.

I think we've done a pretty good job, eh? We'll continue to support the mod with smaller patches and hotfixes as the need arises (I'm not going anywhere) after the next official release, but - as of 10/19 - the VP is largely considered stable and at a 'gold' status.

== Community Patch ==

= General =
    • Fixed a few smaller bugs here and there (github requests/issues)
    • Fixed some quirks in warmonger liberation/conquest calculations
    • Optimizations and pathfinder efficiency fixes
    • Awesome new Ilteroi tactical AI for attack/defense formation logic implemented
      • Biggest notable change- siege units no longer setup to attack - they simply have reduced movement speed in enemey lands
    • The AI now knows how to gift units to City-States
    • AI DoF proclivity in the early game reduced slightly
    • Merged other changes from modders
    • Increased DoF desirability turn buffer
    • Major work on Deal AI at all levels (AI should be more flexible and intelligent with most deal types, including defensive pacts)
      • Deal value will now state 'acceptable' when the deal is within allowable parameters. It will show +/- numbers if beyond this parameter.
      • Fixed back-end bug that made me disable allowing the same side to have GPT and gold on the same side in the same deal. Loans are still a no-go (too easy to exploit)
    • Made some adjustments to tech AI choices
    • Added a 'Chill Barbarians' option to the advanced setup menu.
    = UI =
    • Fixed Corporations/Monopoly UI resource-related quirks
    • Entirely new Espionage Screen tooltip interface:
      • Gives actual numbers going on 'behind the scenes' for actions and advanced actions
      • Lists bonuses/penalties and chances of capture/kill for spies
      • Intrigue listed out (by agent) in tooltips over agent's names (or, if diplomats, their 'schmoozing' status)
    == Community Overhaul Patch ==

= General =
    • Adjusted spy efficacy (based on ranks) upwards slighlty, and improved spy theft efficiency slightly
    • Reduced tourism bonus from trade routes and historic events by 20% - puts it at about 15% above pre-buff level
    = Policies =
    • Liberty (Progress) worked bonus increased to 50% (was 25%)
    = Buildings =
    • Police and Constabulary crime reduction about 20% better.
    = Religion =
    • Tithes now per 6 (was per 4)
    = Civs =
    • Moved Moai production boost to Construction (was The Wheel)
    • Mandekalu Cavalry now 15 (was 18)
    • Byzantine Cataphract now 30 (was 28)
    • Buffed Carolean to 29 (was 27), UA attack bonus now 15 (was 10)
    • Moroccan UA now +4 (Was +3)
    • Brazilian UA bonuses now 50% (Was 40%) and 25% (was 20%), respectively.
    Not savegame compatible with saves from previous versions.

Current known issue with beta: crashes when exiting to desktop or main menu from a game (minor issue).

Online as of 2:30am EST (thanks, baby!)

Link to 10-19b: https://mega.nz/#!CFcRxZwK!mpFs6z-etiZiSM8ReF9jEaBur5-aQq2p2eseFDTWSuE

Cheers,
    Gazebo

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
    Figgis, Groff, Zanteogo and 4 others like this.
  2. notque

notque Artificially Intelligent

Awesome, will run some stuff now. Really excited to have people see the new AI movement stuff. It's really, really, really good. I suspect people might hate it because it makes things harder, but if they look at it rationally, it's awesome.

3. gwennog

gwennog Warlord

Thank you very much for all your team job. I will continue to play Vox Populi because I will wait a while before buying civ 6, which will, as before your civ 5 fantastic job, a nice idea but a very bad game. (4840 play hours with mods and modpacks)

notque likes this.
  4. thunderbird_14

thunderbird_14 Prince

It really feels nice that when my net connection is about to expire, you release it before the expiration time! :)

This is really excellent, though, I would disagree when you said it is gold status now. No, it was golden before :D

Thank you (Guess, steam release [may they read instructions properly] next?)

5. FoxOfWar

FoxOfWar Prince

Well, I believe this is a good point to thank you all for this awesome mod - 1573 hours clocking on steam, most of that with VP. This mod is seriously golden, and will certainly continue playing this as I see if VI is worth looking at (or if it is, as usual, after expansios, DLC and mods...).

Keep up the great work :D

zeta likes this.
  6. Takagi Hiro

Takagi Hiro Prince

My installer doesn't seem to be working...?

7. zeta

zeta Mod Addict

I would like to thank you all for this tremendous work. When my friend introduced me to Civilization V, I thought it was a pretty neat game and got pretty hooked to it. When I found this project (to be honest, I don't remember how I did it) and tried it, I couldn't understand how I played vanilla for so long. Playing VP has been a whole new and better experience.

Good luck on your future projects if there's going to be any and thanks for keeping this game alive!

A little question on this version thou: What was the conclusion with the "Chill Barbarians"? What does that option do now? Revert old barbarians or something else?

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  8. Takagi Hiro

Takagi Hiro Prince

ShellExecuteEx failed; code 299.
    Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory was completed.

9. Dawnbringer

Dawnbringer Warlord

Really Gazebo? You had to give us the "chill barbarian" option? I'm having such a facepalm moment (but lol) right now. Anyways, comments below on civ specific balances.

Polynesia- I can agree with the Moai nerf. Though it doesn't really hurt as much, it was a little too accessible early.
    Songhai- Mandekalu Cavs will at least be less oppressive, though I would have settled for 16CS (so it's better than regular horsemen in terms of combat, though maybe not necessary), it's still pretty strong overall. Nerf hammer indeed.
    Byzantium- I will have to test this out.
    Sweden- Well, I guess the nerf was coming sooner or later. The combat bonus stacking could theoretically be insane (I haven't played them recently).
    Morocco- I guess they're even more competitive now. They weren't bad before, this may push them into the higher ranks.
    Brazil- Much needed buff. But I'm not sure if it'll help enough. They're usually slow starters.

Tithes- Will be testing this out first game. Let's see if my regular "only religion left before WC" tactic gets slowed down.

10. Takagi Hiro

Takagi Hiro Prince

Man, how are you guys installing this? And why can't I? I've redownloaded, restarted, everything... D:

Tiiips? :cry:

11. Zares

Zares Warlord

Chill Barbarians, really? Well, you (those who complained about Barbs) have your "chill barbarians" option, now please, don't complain about harder AIs' attack/defense things :p

Nice changes. Everytime I want to make a break of playing Civ, I see a new VP version and... I can't :D

Is it this experimental dll, which was available for testing with previous VP versions? Or only some things from it? It was amazing, AI finally was smarter, especially distance units.

notque likes this.
  12. thunderbird_14

thunderbird_14 Prince

Sweden was actually buffed, before it was only 10. Probably a typo for Gazebo

13. zeta

zeta Mod Addict

Download it manually.

14. Takagi Hiro

Takagi Hiro Prince

Yeah, was weird. I even tried that, and Mega wouldn't open either. Something was up with my connection or something, I guess, because I had to restart the computer AND router and redownload, and now it's working...? Idek, but I'm good now. Thanks, anyway!

15. HorseshoeHermit

HorseshoeHermit 20% accurate as usual, Morty

:'(

Looks like I made it just in time with my last contribution. :lol:

With features being frozen, the possibility of a reference manual comes about. I nobly volunteer... Iamblichos for the task.:king: Chop chop, son!

16. infidel88

infidel88 Prince

Was Ottomans Siege Foundry fixed?

17. cshao06

cshao06 Chieftain

Awesome work! It solves a lot of issues I was concerned about. Do the UI changes work with EUI if I simply use CP with EUI? For example, do the deal acceptable and spy tooltip features work if I delete the lua folder for CP to work with EUI?

18. Puer

Puer Warlord

I would like also to thank Gazebo and core team!

19. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

Yes.

No, because the changes are in that lua folder.

20. heinous_hat

heinous_hat Prince

Thanks Gazeebo. Congratulations :)

One of these patch note threads (I think) had mentioned adding some extra slots for Japan's potentially early GWAM works. Is the music slot on the dojo all that's to come? I ask because at slower game speeds (epic, marathon) it's possible to have a small pile of these guys sitting around for long stretches not earning any culture/tourism. That is, if you go to war early, often and don't like burning GWAMs for their alternate effect.

You can solve this by slanting your play towards grabbing slots asap, but that leads to making similar choices each game where tech, policies and beliefs are concerned.