New Beta Version - October 19th (10-19b)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@matlajs - This is not a rant thread. And while I understand English is clearly not your native language (or you just don't care to be coherent), it is REALLY hard to grasp what your gripe is. It's also incredibly frustrating to try to read.

@matlajs - This is not a rant thread. And while I understand English is clearly not your native language (or you just don't care to be coherent), it is REALLY hard to grasp what your gripe is. It's also incredibly frustrating to try to read.

right, you understand it very well. then, why are you answering like this :D i dont care.

edit: but on the other hand, your comment rly didnt leave me cold. i am immediately heading to spend rest of my time to improve in foreign language. and pls, remind me your position here on forum. just to be correct what i can or cannot write here or there.

but back to observations. there are also many good improvements, such like rly better tactical focus of AI and, what made me happy- AI sometimes accept or even counter offer itself deal, which can be slightly negative value. i dont need to pay to neutral civs 1 extra GPT for open borders anymore and its feeling finally fair.

Last edited:
i just mented some snapshots from my playthrough with new version. english is my weakness and im aware of it. no need to read about it by everyone, whom i am unpleasant to.

No worries, but this is thread is about the latest Beta, and it sounds like you are new to this mod. Can I suggest you look through older posts and try a few more games (pro tip, reduce difficulty) and post a new thread with your thoughts.

Your English is not so bad, but it wanders. Try to keep to the point... Good luck.

Ai and their diplo modifiers are something laughable again. Dont you want just replace/add teritorial disputes with simple ,, I fcking hate you''. Would be at least straight and not like civ on another continent(Russia) 30 tiles far is thinking about mine lands should be theirs location...... also this version AI is rly restless. Pick whatever reason to war even with pure green relations before DoW. Arabia DoWed me for eligible teritorial disputes bcoz i took spot with their monopol luxury. I took one their marginal city, founded few turns before conquest and in Casimir peacelovers opinion, our only neighbour, im biggest threat in world. those modifiers are either irelevant or they just use them for exagerrative reasons. Rly cant wait for adding ,, They know i am competing with them'' and similar modifier to my collection till the end.

I can't tell...is this a complaint? Because if the AI DOWs you for taking prime land, and then - after conquest, your close neighbor Casimir gets mad at you for upsetting the balance of power, that's...exactly how I designed it to work.

And beautifull logic btw. Arabia DoWed me, Poland DoWed me, both failed. I didnt capture anything except 2 pop arabia city. Turn 175,1 turn after ceasefire with casimir. Poland and Arabia are makind def pact :D. Turn 177, 3 turns after ceasefire with casimir and Rashid is becoming voluntarily vassal of poland. i assume this is pure Vp logic, bcoz in vanilla, they just would deal coop war against me through ,,Should we DoW civ X''. Need to mention, that Najran, city i captured from Arabia, has been captured by Cassimir by one horsemen when i didnt pay attention and left it alone with 5 defense, then i recaptured it again. So i have now funny warmonger penalty for double capture one small 2 pop village, most important place in the world for those two. Now i expect reaction of type ,, diferent Ais have diferent priorities'' but i didnt get such wm penalties even for take second biggest Pocattelo's city in previous game.

Rashid sought strength in the arms of a man beautiful red-cloaked man. Who wouldn't? Also note that you can't gain warmonger for recapturing a city back-to-back; the penalty is just from the first capture.

G

funny thing is, despite that Arabia is curently volunteer vassal of Poland, they denounced them. so im not sure if there is some glitch in that or if its intended, that someone voluntarily make such thing like vassalage is and than denounce his master. have a screen. i will go to github anyway, bcoz piety branch provide +1 faith to laborers.

and main thing is, for example about def pact. there were disscusion where you said, that def pacts are made bcoz of warmonger threat arround, but tbh those two DoWed me and there should be less penalty for take a city in defenseive war. Then i dont understand why i have +- 25 wm penalty with casimir for take such unimportant city of arabia. but anyway, this game going to be interesting like others were.

No worries, but this is thread is about the latest Beta, and it sounds like you are new to this mod. Can I suggest you look through older posts and try a few more games (pro tip, reduce difficulty) and post a new thread with your thoughts.

Your English is not so bad, but it wanders. Try to keep to the point... Good luck.

:) thank you. im not sure if i am completely new to this. im playing it since 8/18 but there was rly fast progress in versions untill now. Im playing on emperor now, have played king but got bored. i feel rly well on this diff. those posts were not intended like complaints, but i have to admit that it may sounds so. bad thing is, when i get used to something i like and then it get changed, then im asking why it happend. Often i incorporate so much unneeded emotions in that. And sorry for spam, i dont know how to edit post with new quote.

Whoo! It must be both exciting and (probably mostly...) relieving to be reaching (perhaps-asymptotically...) a final release of your (and others') baby. The mod is exceptional.

Ai and their diplo modifiers are something laughable again.

My favorite quirk of the AI is when they get angry at you for 'competing over city-states' when open door policies pass, even if you had nothing to do with them passing. I had a game where I ignored city-states entirely and Siam was extremely pissed because I was 'competing with him' diplomatically due to 4 open door policies to the point where he declared war.

My favorite quirk of the AI is when they get angry at you for 'competing over city-states' when open door policies pass, even if you had nothing to do with them passing. I had a game where I ignored city-states entirely and Siam was extremely pissed because I was 'competing with him' diplomatically due to 4 open door policies to the point where he declared war.
You didn't mention who was passing those open doors.

Unfortunetely. If that would at least works only for cs aliances that me not being terorized by AI with their dialogs for every 30+ influence quest succesfully passed. when i dont play diplomatic game i dont care about quests much and thus i am not aware to be first in quest. it is little annoying have AI knowing about cs friendship.

I Must say thank u Gazebo and your "Team" for this mod!! the game is very very good right now!

Yes, yes, Civ 6 is coming, but that doesn't mean Civ 5 is going anywhere!

And I highly.. I mean HIGHLY doubt the new Civ6 will be in general smoother and better balanced than the current version of this masterpiece called Vox Populi.

Thanks for all the work you put into this mod. I played Civ 4 until this spring when I got around to Civ 5. The look, feel and sounds of Civ 5 were nice, the no stack-of-doom mostly works, but the game play was kind of boring. Civ 4 gave me much more memorable and epic games but this mod is making it much closer and maybe might surpass Civ 4. The amount of changes you made is mind boggling. The last few patches really smoothed things out and I've enjoyed it.

I'm still on the 8/12 patch playing as the Iroquois. I wanted to see why they were always a strong AI. I didn't understand the significance of the using forests as roads until I realized I didn't have to pay road maintenance. That's huge especially in the early game. I didn't get much use of the Mohawk warriors as I needed to focus on crossing the ocean and take down a runaway Ethiopia who had 15 wonders in the capitol. Ethiopia put up a hell of a fight. They had their UU and the capitol was inland. My woodsman rifleman never lived long enough to get promoted, but they took enough hits to get my artillery in place. He had a nice network of railroads and was moving machine guns and artillery around really putting the hurt on me. It wasn't until I cut the roads with paratroopers and flanked his lines with 4 tanks and destroyed his artillery that I was able to take his capitol. That was a nice memorable battle.

The only thing I think still needs a look is the Viking's Jelling Stones. The amount of culture harvested from killing units seems out of control. There's also a few Ideology policies that don't seem to make sense. Like the free public schools in Order when I have always already built all of them. Maybe there is some slingshot tech strategy that makes use of this.

But if you are all done, congrats, and thanks again.

Thanks for all the work you put into this mod. I played Civ 4 until this spring when I got around to Civ 5. The look, feel and sounds of Civ 5 were nice, the no stack-of-doom mostly works, but the game play was kind of boring. Civ 4 gave me much more memorable and epic games but this mod is making it much closer and maybe might surpass Civ 4. The amount of changes you made is mind boggling. The last few patches really smoothed things out and I've enjoyed it.

I'm still on the 8/12 patch playing as the Iroquois. I wanted to see why they were always a strong AI. I didn't understand the significance of the using forests as roads until I realized I didn't have to pay road maintenance. That's huge especially in the early game. I didn't get much use of the Mohawk warriors as I needed to focus on crossing the ocean and take down a runaway Ethiopia who had 15 wonders in the capitol. Ethiopia put up a hell of a fight. They had their UU and the capitol was inland. My woodsman rifleman never lived long enough to get promoted, but they took enough hits to get my artillery in place. He had a nice network of railroads and was moving machine guns and artillery around really putting the hurt on me. It wasn't until I cut the roads with paratroopers and flanked his lines with 4 tanks and destroyed his artillery that I was able to take his capitol. That was a nice memorable battle.

The only thing I think still needs a look is the Viking's Jelling Stones. The amount of culture harvested from killing units seems out of control. There's also a few Ideology policies that don't seem to make sense. Like the free public schools in Order when I have always already built all of them. Maybe there is some slingshot tech strategy that makes use of this.

Great account of your game, and great first post!

Done with features. Not done with balance and quirks. If you feel Jelling Stones is overpowered, please go to the leaders balance folder and post in the Denmark thread. Certainly it's one of the strongest buildings, but you have to consider all three uniques together and compare it with every other civ. The way we do that is by making several AI fight themselves.

@matlaj: Me too see you speak weird. Rly tiring too! On the end, I catch 80 pctn fist try, 100 pcnt later, but it require read two times it. Maybe can try funy translator? (Easy, friend, I know it's difficult to write in a foreign language, just use a quick translator before posting and you'll improve drastically).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom