New Beta Version - October 19th (10-19b)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Done with features. Not done with balance and quirks. If you feel Jelling Stones is overpowered, please go to the leaders balance folder and post in the Denmark thread. Certainly it's one of the strongest buildings, but you have to consider all three uniques together and compare it with every other civ. The way we do that is by making several AI fight themselves.

@matlaj: Me too see you speak weird. Rly tiring too! On the end, I catch 80 pctn fist try, 100 pcnt later, but it require read two times it. Maybe can try funy translator? (Easy, friend, I know it's difficult to write in a foreign language, just use a quick translator before posting and you'll improve drastically).
thank you tu, your reply is usefull as always.

thank you tu, your reply is usefull as always.

Not trying to be rude, I'm really not, but I genuinely mean it when I state that I'm often unable to comment on your posts because I can't actually decipher what you're trying to say. I teach courses to non-native speakers of English, so it is not 'for want of trying.' Your hostility when people ask for clarification doesn't help. I'm not sure what your native language is, but I promise I would not be angry at you if you asked me to explain something I said in your language.

G

yea well :D thats easy solution for this. if i annoy so many people with this, i rather ,,mute'' myself, bcoz im not going to improve via net in this. gl

Great account of your game, and great first post!
Thanks. The AI forced me into using real military tactics like flanking the front line with fast mobile units to attack their ranged units to break the stalemate. So that's a sign success for your programming. It was the 10-12 version and in general all the AI's played much smarter in terms of what war's they got involved in. Some of the previous versions had some really bizarre war/peace behavior but some of that could have been due to me not deleting the contents of the cache folder.

Done with features. Not done with balance and quirks. If you feel Jelling Stones is overpowered, please go to the leaders balance folder and post in the Denmark thread. Certainly it's one of the strongest buildings, but you have to consider all three uniques together and compare it with every other civ. The way we do that is by making several AI fight themselves.
Thats good to hear. I'll leave some comments there.

Trying Vox Populi for the first time, got pissed off with the vanilla AI being utterly incompetent at wars.

I've already found a few typos, where can I report these?

Edit: fixed them locally by editing CivText.sql.

Last edited:
Trying Vox Populi for the first time, got pissed off with the vanilla AI being utterly incompetent at wars.

I've already found a few typos, where can I report these?

Edit: fixed them locally by editing BuildingText.sql.

Yeah I've seen some typos too (and some stuff like building says it does X, but it did that 50 versions ago - I think Mission still mentions it helps Spain resist other religions), but I always forget about them when playing and never reported it because they're rather unimportant issues

If you have any particular examples, you can make a thread about them on github so it can get fixed. Alternatively if you can't post on github for whatever reason, just post here what the mistakes were. A someone is bound to report it on github.

Yeah, I can post them here or on Github. Maybe the devs can let us know what they prefer?

Example:

CivText.sql, line 275 (Egypt):

Egytian -> Egyptian
Neabry -> Nearby

Post on Github then, Goose really likes Github posts. I don't know why they're superior to civfanatics ones, but they're preferred for some reason.

For the sake of tracking purposes, it's much easier to address toward the issue poster about any questions or comments.

Alright, will post it on Github then, once I've collected a few more.

Last edited:
I am so thrilled my "Chill Barbarians" suggestion made the cut! I had no idea I posted that at basically the last minute! Thank you! And congratulations on reaching this stage (yet at the same time I'm somewhat sad that the excitement of logging in to see 'what new idea will they come up with next' is over)

Hi

I have just discovered this amazing project and it brings so many improvements to the game i wish i had found out sooner.

Not sure if this is also the place for feature requests or 'bug' fixes, but i do have one request.

One of the things that bothers me is when investing in buildings it closes the menu each time you spend gold instead of leaving it open like it does when queuing multiple buildings. I'm not using the new UI that is optional with the mod (i don't like that too much).

Hopefully this can be addressed and if not at least i tried.

Thanks for this great project.

edit
Also, i just played a game as Indonesia last night and my god are those luxuries OP. Not even with Venice have i ever been that rich before.

Hi

I have just discovered this amazing project and it brings so many improvements to the game i wish i had found out sooner.

Not sure if this is also the place for feature requests or 'bug' fixes, but i do have one request.

One of the things that bothers me is when investing in buildings it closes the menu each time you spend gold instead of leaving it open like it does when queuing multiple buildings. I'm not using the new UI that is optional with the mod (i don't like that too much).

Hopefully this can be addressed and if not at least i tried.

Thanks for this great project.

edit
Also, i just played a game as Indonesia last night and my god are those luxuries OP. Not even with Venice have i ever been that rich before.
Glad you are liking it! Sounds a little annoying having to open city view again and again. I had to disable auto-cycling because as soon as I queued a building, city view closed. Anyway, if you want to report a bug, there is a Github page. Please, check the sticky thread that reads 'Bug Reports'. And welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom