1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Beta Version - September 15th (9-15)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch

Hey all,

New version inbound. Mainly cleanup and tweaks for the last big beta last week. If all goes well we'll push this one to official and start cleanup on a few more 'going for gold' threads. Homestretch, folks.

Not savegame compatible.

Link: https://mega.nz/#F!iMNVEISb!gW3aPq-MQ-kibL0lFxrw-w

Cheers,
    Gazebo

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
  2. lunker

lunker Chieftain

I've been waiting for this. What a lucky F5!

vyyt likes this.
  3. tu_79

tu_79 Warlord

Very happy to see the naval change, sounds interesting. The last naval rework before this almost got it.

Last changes to policies were big, and the new enhancers need more testing. So it's soon to say this is ready for gold. But I agree with Stalker0 that not everything needs to be perfect. For example, I miss the big bad robot in my late wars, but it might be that when I rush science (the only way to see the robot available), I do it with great people and then I win before any unit can come. Perhaps a science victory, Industrialism-Order style can use it. But this is not a gameplay or balance concern, the game is perfectly playable with this irkness.

Tekamthi likes this.
  4. Asterix Rage

Asterix Rage Warlord

I'd like to see VP with no changes anymore but I have to admit the new naval ones looks good. More strategic
    I'm wondering if AI is able to handle them as Human can do.

5. Zanteogo

Zanteogo Chieftain

Just wondering, was the policy that removes the exp loss from buying out units not working bug been fixed?

6. CppMaster

CppMaster Chieftain

Any policy does that? Or do you mean special units unlocked with Authority?
    It would be almost impossible to make VP perfect, so no changess mean no improvements.

tommytoxen likes this.
  7. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

draft registration or something

Bromar1 likes this.
  8. CppMaster

CppMaster Chieftain

What do you mean?

9. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

10. HeathcliffWarriors

HeathcliffWarriors Chieftain

I've been gone for a while, but I have to say, it's a pleasure to come back! Looks like you've been very busy, I can't wait to test out these several patches worth of changes, many of which look really good.

Also this:
    This made my day. I'm glad you heard my plea, O Wise and Powerful Gazebo. :lol:

Also saw the change to AI aggression, very nice, I did think those numbers (10x or 25x WAR and HOSTILE scores) were a bit much. Quite a few others I'm interested to try out.

Anyway, guess I'd better get back to work. But it counts as play too...hehe :undecide:

11. sSs1897

sSs1897 Chieftain

I guess some Arabia players is needed to see how good (bad) Arabia is now with the tourism and archaeologist nerf

chicorbeef, pineappledan and Bromar1 like this.
  12. chicorbeef

chicorbeef Chieftain

I feel like Industry's timing would be a little better if the +10% investment ability were moved to the opener and the +100% production to Train Stations/Seaports were moved to Division of Labor. It also opens up possibilities, like going Opener--->Free Trade--->Division of Labour. Thoughts?

vyyt and Bromar1 like this.
  13. Gothic_Empire

Gothic_Empire AKA, Ramen Empire

Anyone else seeing the UB's for some civs repeat, or did I bork my installation?

14. chicorbeef

chicorbeef Chieftain

Not on my installation.

15. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Warlord

Usually, when his happens to me, it means that I've fogotten a modpack in my DLC folder.

IcyAngel likes this.
  16. BiteInTheMark

BiteInTheMark Chieftain

Did you make a modpack from the older version to play the multiplayer? It happens to me too, if I make a modpack and then install a new version without removing it before.

lunker likes this.
  17. BiteInTheMark

BiteInTheMark Chieftain

Things I would like to see in the next version:
    Balance Ottoman UA: Decrease the the international trade route yields from 150 down to 120.
    Germanys, Moroccos and Portugals yields from trade routes and CS-Allies have been decreased in the last year. But the yields from ottoman empire were increased indirectly by trade route changes. If you finish atleast one of the trade route wonders, you can have 4 trade units in early medieval, effectivly leading to 900 yields every 6 turns (25 turn average travel time and 3 times 300 yields per trade unit). In this time period, this is doubling a normal science/culture/gold income. And giving external trade routes 50% much more yields than internal is also a bit unbalanced.
    Balance Byzantian UA: Reduce the discount on purchase cost to 10% (from 15%) and move the additional belief to the second prophet, but allow picking reformation beliefs. (Weakens a bit the overal performance but allow more synergy options.)
    Enhancer: Mendicancy: This enhancer looks really weak. It forces you to use mainly internal trade routes and gives no synergies with other beliefs. The internal trade route mechanic should be buffed to make it a more attractive enhancer (like percentual 30% or set it to 2, improved by every era).
    Enhancer: Inquisition: There are now 2 enhancer which targets the same basic. Too many pressure from other religions. Iam not sure if we need 2 enhancer which target the same problem. But while syncretismn works and helps in crowded pangäa maps, Inquisition forces you to wait till one of your cities is completly converted. This is something, you normally want to avoid. If you have to wait, till shes converted to a other religion, you have to wait maybe a long time, without any religious advantages. If you change the yields based on the removed followers, this
    I would prefer to change this enhancer to a more spy related belief (more unique), giving you 1 or 2 more spies which decrease (50%) the pressure from other religions and increase your own (+50). Using your own spies as religous defence against enemy pressure or secretly convert other nations cities to your religion without miissionary faith cost.

18. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

Correcting my first argument, as I had not accounted for the era multiplier.

We want to be careful about rounding down the yields because yields now are worth more than yields later.

1 yield per turn is not the same as 10 yields every 10 turns, the former is actually stronger.

So it’s not 900 per 6 turns its 3600 every 25 turns.

Ultimately I’m not arguing for or against your balance change, I don’t play ottoman thst much...but I want to ensure the presentation is right.

19. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch

Balance suggestions should go in respective threads for discussion.

G

20. jazap

jazap Chieftain

Was playing with the beta and advanced naval/ground mega. Once I got my F-35's the air strike didn't work. I was fighting Persia and he piled up Sea Sparrow's but seemed he couldn't fir them at me as well.