New Brazil Gameplay by Marbozir

If you got any questions, I'll be happy to answer them to the best of my (limited) knowledge!

If you got any questions, I'll be happy to answer them to the best of my (limited) knowledge!

Thank you!
Do you know if there is any "longswordsman" like medieval infantry unit type or not? What is(are) the unit(s) unlocked by the Military Tactic tech?

Thank you!
Do you know if there is any "longswordsman" like medieval infantry unit type or not? What is(are) the unit(s) unlocked by the Military Tactic tech?
Medieval era has the pikeman (unlocked by Military Tactics), Knight, Crossbowman and Military Engineer (support unit that can build roads, forts and airstrips).
There's no longswordsman (just swordsman in classical era unlocked by iron working).

Medieval era has the pikeman (unlocked by Military Tactics), Knight, Crossbowman and Military Engineer (support unit that can build roads, forts and airstrips).
There's no longswordsman (just swordsman in classical era unlocked by iron working).

Thank you for your answer!

Thank you for your time, kind sir! Yes, there's actually a ton of questions to ask, so please excuse me if my enthusiasm goes overboard, ahem:

- Is there any kind of expansion limiting mechanism? (penalty for building too many cities or too far away from your capital)

- Which are the effects of lack of amenities / happiness?

- Which are the effects of the excess of amenities / happiness?

- Do luxury resources have different effects on each city depending on buildings?

- Do strategic resources such as iron provides another bonus other than allowing the building of certain units / buildings?

- Could you build, say, a temple if you don't have a religion specific district, or do districts amplify the effects of said buildings?

- If housing is a hard cap for growth, and food determinates the speed of growth of your city, what is the function of terrain appeal? Just a way to speed up growth and a marginal bonus of tourism?

- Is there tourism in the early ages? If so, is it useful in the early ages, or is it a mechanism that only comes in full play on the latter eras, a la BNW?

- Is it there some kind of inmigration mechanic in place?

- Founding religions is the only use of great prophets, or do they have some kind of special / secondary use too?

- Is there a race for wonders, or do hard limits on terrain destroy the quest for wonders?

- Can you destroy city states or only occuppy them?

- How do spyionage works?

- Do civilizations possess more unique traits than the ones revealed so far? (this is a personal guess of mine)

- Is there war weariness or some kind of hapiness penalty for wars?

- Can separatist movement appears in your civ?

- Is there some kind of bonus / building / wonder that allows your water tiles to be somehow productive? With the new district mechanic, coastatal cities seems worthless and far less productive than inland cities, I fear

I've been livetweeting stuff I noticed in this as I watch. ( https://twitter.com/captfargle if you want to keep up with it.) GOing to compile it all into a post here:

Embarkation is unlocked at Sailing now so you get it a lot earlier than in 5.

Monty's Agenda is that he hates people who have Luxuries he doesn't.

Pangaea Maps are considered to have multiple Continents in terms of game mechanics.

Camps are unlocked at Animal Husbandry. No separate tech for Trapping.

There's new Strategic Resources in the game.

Toronto, Brussels, Lisbon and Preslav are new City States.

Toronto and Brussels are Industrial City States, a kind we haven't seen before. Toronto increases the range for bonuses from Industrial Zones and Entertainment Complexes by three tiles. Brussels gives +15% to Wonder production.

Lisbon is Trading City State and Preslav is presumably Military, based on it's red colour.

Shock/Drill Promotions are gone and replaced with a new Promotion tree.

Crater Lake gives +4 Faith, +1 Science. Counts as a source of Fresh Water. Holy Sites get adjacency bonuses from Natural Wonders.

My initial impression after the first few minutes is worry about the turn timer... right at the start of the game, it's taking four seconds or more. I really, really, really hope we don't have the return of the 30-60 seconds of waiting in the lategame that plagued V...

since you bet me to this I will use your thread ;)

Furthermore a few info for those who can't watch yet:

- since Lisbon is a CS - it is very likely that Portugal isn't in Vanilla
- same for Canada (Toronto) :D
- Brussels another CS (CS-screen for Brussels in the attachments)
- CS Preslav
- He reached ameneties limit and th etooltip stated people might rebel against him
- although playing on pangea there are different continents present - he gets a Eureka out of it
- he states Eurekas are extremely important
civic tree - start of it attached
I assume they all play quick speed - actually a scout costs 80 gold, a slinger 90, if you purchase them
- Other leaders obviously tell you if you interfere with their agenda (see attachment 2)
- wars in early game will be more likely than in civVI - he states
- Jade confirmed if not before
- Marbozir has the feeling strategic ressources will be very rare - at least it was the case in his walkthrough
- Dealscreen with monty att.4
- Aztecs reach classical era at turn 22 o.O - even on quick that's quick, isn't it?
- first melee promotion Volley + 5against land units / garrison +10 combat bonus when occupying a district or fort
- firste ranged promotion: Battlecry: +7 against melee and ranged units and tortoise +10 defense against ranged units
- choose pantheon screen att.5 - desert folklore got nerfed a bit ;)
- turn 25 - early empire civic: contains colonization +50%production towards settlers
and land surveyors - -20% of purchasing costs for tiles...
- mysticism unlocks the oracle
- hanging gardens must be next to a river - +15% growth in all cities
- civic craftsmenship: cards: + 50% production towards melee and ranged in classical and ancient and ILKUM + 30% towards builders...
discovery of national wonder grants extra xp to scouts and the usual stuff (see attachment)
Im out of time now... Sorry - and you're welcome! :D

Attachments

• Bild1.jpg
    Bild1.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 235
  • Bild2.jpg
    Bild2.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 241
  • Bild3.jpg
    Bild3.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 277
  • Bild4.jpg
    Bild4.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 244
  • Bild6.jpg
    Bild6.jpg
    234.3 KB · Views: 259
  • Bild7.jpg
    Bild7.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 269
My initial impression after the first few minutes is worry about the turn timer... right at the start of the game, it's taking four seconds or more. I really, really, really hope we don't have the return of the 30-60 seconds of waiting in the lategame that plagued V...

I think Quill said in one of his vids that he was hooked up to a debug program(?) whilst filming which slowed down the performance of the game - though to what extent I'm not sure. Also not sure if all the people recording were using a debug program as well

- Is there any kind of expansion limiting mechanism? (penalty for building too many cities or too far away from your capital)
Pretty sure there was a penalty for number of cities, but I don't remember the details and don't want to spread misinformation - sorry!

- Which are the effects of lack of amenities / happiness?

- Which are the effects of the excess of amenities / happiness?

There's a stacking penalty to growth and ALL non-food yields for each amenity you're not meeting demand for. I'm not sure if there's a bonus for having excess, I did not go out of my way to do that.

- Do luxury resources have different effects on each city depending on buildings?

You mean buildings that give extra yields to specific resources? I don't think I saw anything like that, no. The stable for example gave a % experience bonus for all cavalry units trained in the city and a bit of flat production / housing / great general point(s). But no bonus to horses/sheep/cattle like in Civ 5.

- Do strategic resources such as iron provides another bonus other than allowing the building of certain units / buildings?
Extra yields when worked - or did you mean some other kinds of bonuses? As a side note, strategic resources seemed WAY more rare than in Civ 5. Like, significantly more rare. (at least that was my experience - my sample size is kinda small though)

- Could you build, say, a temple if you don't have a religion specific district, or do districts amplify the effects of said buildings?
A lot of buildings flat out require a specific district and you can't build them at all without having that district.

- If housing is a hard cap for growth, and food determinates the speed of growth of your city, what is the function of terrain appeal? Just a way to speed up growth and a marginal bonus of tourism?
Housing felt like more of a mid-game / late-game mechanic as well as something that's supposed to prevent ridiculously massive cities (by doing things like sending multiple caravans with food to one city).

- Is there tourism in the early ages? If so, is it useful in the early ages, or is it a mechanism that only comes in full play on the latter eras, a la BNW?
There is tourism in the early game. I found a great work thingy in a hut, very early into the game (which then every AI in the game kept bugging me to buy), which gave me some tourism. (having said that, I'm not sure if tourism was fully implemented in the build I played)

- Is it there some kind of inmigration mechanic in place?
None that I know of.

- Founding religions is the only use of great prophets, or do they have some kind of special / secondary use too?
Religion didn't seem to be fully implemented in the build I played.

- Is there a race for wonders, or do hard limits on terrain destroy the quest for wonders?
There will definitely be many very competitive wonders - ones that have very strong and flexible effects. So for example, Forbidden City grants +1 wildcard policy slot (very strong wonder) and has VERY easy to meet requirements (any flat land adjacent to the city center).

- Can you destroy city states or only occuppy them?
I never tried to capture a city state. I did capture a city from one of the AI's, but it was a capital city, actually.

- How do spyionage works?
There's the gossip system, which you probably know of, but I don't think espionage itself was available in the build I played. At least, I didn't get to use actual spies when I played.

- Do civilizations possess more unique traits than the ones revealed so far? (this is a personal guess of mine)
I can't talk about any civs that weren't announced, sorry!

- Is there war weariness or some kind of hapiness penalty for wars?
I actually remember some kind of war weariness penalty, because I was at war for a while at one point, but I'd have to review my footage for the details to make sure I'm not crazy. :lol:

- Can separatist movement appears in your civ?
You mean rebellions and such? I had some amenity warnings, but I never checked what happens if you let it get really bad.

- Is there some kind of bonus / building / wonder that allows your water tiles to be somehow productive? With the new district mechanic, coastatal cities seems worthless and far less productive than inland cities, I fear
There's one wonder I remember, which improves all lake tiles in your empire. I don't remember seeing regular buildings with the same effect. Even things like the lighthouse or stable do not improve tile yields anymore.

Is there a rifleman after musketman(if you got that far?)
There's a musketman unit in renaissance era (and also a new strategic resource required by gunpowder units - niter) and a ranger unit in industrial era (unlocked by rifling tech).

The water mill gives one bonus food to wheat and rice tiles so yes there are buildings that boost resource tiles.

Tech tree looks nice, the boosts as well. It makes more sense that a water based civ would be biased to discover ship building than an inland civ for example

Really enjoyed your video, Marbozir! Thanks for posting :).

The continent info is quite curious, but I like it a lot. Makes the continent bonuses matter a lot more if each landmass has multiple continents if large enough.

Really enjoyed your video, Marbozir! Thanks for posting :).

The continent info is quite curious, but I like it a lot. Makes the continent bonuses matter a lot more if each landmass has multiple continents if large enough.

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it!

Have you seen any evidence, thus far, that the AI has been improved over Civ 5?

Top Bottom