New caravel or old caravel model: What do you like?

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Religion and Revolution' started by Schmiddie, Aug 2, 2014.

?

Which caravel model would you like to see ingame?

Poll closed Sep 1, 2014.
  1. The "old" style (the right model)

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. The new style (the left model)

8 vote(s)
    72.7%
  1. Schmiddie

Schmiddie Emperor

Hi Folks,

Now I have a luxury problem with the caravel graphic. Due to the fact that I have 2 good graphics, I would like to know which graphic you guys - the community - would like to see ingame:

1. The "old" style (right one): The vanilla one with improved cannon model or
    2. The new style (left one): Imported from civ 5, the model has a lot of details (good cannon model, too) and uses the same animations as the vanilla one.

Hope you are interested to help me out...

Regards

Schmiddie

Attached Files:

2. vetiarvind

vetiarvind Prince

:borat: very nice, how much?

3. Schmiddie

Schmiddie Emperor

:confused:

4. Quintillus

Quintillus Archiving Civ3 Content Supporter

I voted the left one. To me, it looks more like a caravel. The one on the right is too low to the sea, especially at the back and the front.

However, looking up more details about caravels, I think I may have been mistaken. The ship I was basing my vote on, Columbus's Santa Maria, apparently was actually a carrack (while his other ships were caravels). Having seen more pictures of caravels, I'm thinking the right model may actually be a better caravel (while the left one may be a good choice for a carrack).

I'm not a marine historian, so if someone with more authority on the matter comes along, they probably will be more correct. But that's my take on it.

5. Schmiddie

Schmiddie Emperor

:D

Both models ARE caravels... right one is the vanilla model of colonization, the left one is the vanilla model of Civ 5... both models aren't very different...and look historically correct (more or less).

6. ADHansa

ADHansa Warlord

deleted

7. vetiarvind

vetiarvind Prince

ahh u didn't get it..i was referring to the "new" caravel model. In case you don't know about borat :eek:, you should check this.

8. Schmiddie

Schmiddie Emperor

:lol::lol::lol:

I know Borat, but I did'nt get it though.

I just calculate such models in "hours" :D ... since my experience is getting better (with a little help of SaibotLieh and other modder), I'm able to do such model between 1 and 4 hours - depends on the complexity of the animation model. ;)

By the way: the next Release will contain a long desired graphic improvement for most of our ships - new and old models: I have changed the cannons from triangles to accurate cannons (with gut carriage as well if needed).

9. Schmiddie

Schmiddie Emperor

I have decided to implement both versions (4 nations will get the old model, 4 nations will get the new one).