1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Challenge

Discussion in 'Civ2 - General Discussions' started by Old n Slow, Mar 20, 2002.

1. Old n Slow

Old n Slow Emperor

The Civ II players have:

Amassed huge scores:D

Lifted Spaceships at an early era:cool:

Achieved success with a single city:king:

Sooooo what's left to do:confused:

My question challenge is this: can someone BUILD All the wonders? I've done it at the Warlord level in a Civ limited to 5 cities & on a large map at Prince level occaisionally.:)

Do others have the skills to build all of the Wonders at a higher level? (Thoughts of wiping out the other civs very early may affect results -- so a follow on challenge may be to 'peacably build' all the Wonders.):egypt:

2. Smash

Smash Super Lurker Retired Moderator

Yes that has been done,or attempted at least.Its pretty tough on deity.Getting all the early wonders is very hard.At least you know if you have failed very early as the ai will almost always take an early "minor" wonder.Pyramids or such.Usually after a wonder was finished and they switch.There is no way to sabotage that early....
    For an added challenge,try building all the wonders in only 1 particular city.

Very tough challenge on a random map.

3. monkeyman116

monkeyman116 Warlord

At Emperor I've built all the wonders, and at warlord I've built them all in one city. :)

4. DrSpike

DrSpike Chieftain

Post trade things are easier. The early wonders are always going to be the tricky ones.

5. Old n Slow

Old n Slow Emperor

I agree -- post trade it is much easier. :) I've found that the main crunch for Wonders is early on -- after about three four cities it seems as if any Civ at peace will start a Wonder.

Is it any easier or harder on different size boards? I usually work with the large map -- haven't done any sort of extensive play with the normal or small ones.

And yes I just now finished building all the Wonders in one city at the Warlord level. After I finish this GOTM, I look at seeing about All the Wonders in one city at the Prince level.:king: